Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lifetime/6 Months KeepSolid DNS firewall Free
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lifetime/6 Months KeepSolid DNS firewall Free

Use coupon code VPNUTICKCOUPON to get 6 months of VPN Unlimited and DNS Firewall for free, or get lifetime DNS Firewall if you already have a lifetime VPN Unlimited subscription.

DNS Firewall is not a SmartDNS (like Getflix), instead it's more like Windscribe's R.O.B.E.R.T.

Comments

• Thank you sir! Looks like a useful addon for my lifetime KeepSolid addon. It doesn't help that the routing of AdGuard's anycast DNS servers keep on getting worse and worse.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • If I already have an unlimited subscription, how to add the free DNS firewall? The "activate" button is greyed out.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

@TimboJones said:
    If I already have an unlimited subscription, how to add the free DNS firewall? The "activate" button is greyed out.

the redeem code option on my.keepsolid.com

• Thank you, great addition to my lifetime VPN unlimited.

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • Thanks @sanvit

Thanked by 1sanvit
  • Thanks @sanvit, nice catch! I would not buy it with their $50 offer, but for free? Count me in! @Ympker come here!

Thanked by 2sanvit Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2020

@sgheghele said:
    Thanks @sanvit, nice catch! I would not buy it with their $50 offer, but for free? Count me in! @Ympker come here!

Thanks for the tag mate :) I bought Keepsolid SmartDNS lifetime early adopter for some 20€ a long while ago, so I am already covered hehe ;)

Edit: I cant read. It's Firewall. I will gladly take that (as it wasn't included in my LTD)! Thanks for the tag :) Where to activate though? Just in user office "prolong subscription"? Or reedem code?

• @Ympker said: reedem code?

Redeem Code..

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2020

@kkrajk said:

@Ympker said: reedem code?

Redeem Code..

So for me it seems like that didnt work and the support agent is saying it's only 6 months either way.

Edit: it does show lifetime now but according to support it's a system display error so it really is only 6 months but displays lifetime. No idea about what's the case now but time will tell.
    For what it's worth, it says 6 months in purchase history.

Thanks for the code regardless :)
    Time to test whether dns firewall is worth.

Thanked by 2sanvit kkrajk
  • nice share :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Ympker said:
    Edit: it does show lifetime now but according to support it's a system display error so it really is only 6 months but displays lifetime. No idea about what's the case now but time will tell.

Eh, fair enough :smiley: quite a generous trial

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @sgheghele said:

@Ympker said:

Eh, fair enough :smiley: quite a generous trial

Indeed :)

• does anyone know if there is lifetime firewall deal from them?

• @namhuy said:
    does anyone know if there is lifetime firewall deal from them?

Not that I am aware of.
    You could use the likes of adguard instead :)

• can i use keepsolid with adguard together? i have adguard on ios, but adguard create vpn connection on android devices. its very convenient to have firewall function with keepsolid in one vpn connection

• what happens after 6 months ?

• @namhuy said:

Yes they do, its $179 with their paypal discount.

• @NewToTheGame said:

@namhuy said:

thats not a deal. way too expensive for me

• @namhuy said:

@NewToTheGame said:

@namhuy said:

thats not a deal. way too expensive for me

I know, i agree with you

• so basically DNS firewall is simply like nextdns but less customization. still a good share .> @namhuy said:

can i use keepsolid with adguard together? i have adguard on ios, but adguard create vpn connection on android devices. its very convenient to have firewall function with keepsolid in one vpn connection

adguard + keepsolid = best protection and privacy.

• @namhuy said:
    can i use keepsolid with adguard together? i have adguard on ios, but adguard create vpn connection on android devices. its very convenient to have firewall function with keepsolid in one vpn connection

Some ads can't blocked Using dns like youtube ads.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

very odd, but on my personal account one page shows the offer for 6 months and the other LIFETIME.

@Bardulf said: Some ads can't blocked Using dns like youtube ads.

youtube ads are integrated into a video used to be a banner on top of the video but it was years ago.

• @amsaal said:
    so basically DNS firewall is simply like nextdns but less customization. still a good share

Not really, it is more like ROBERT in Windscribe. The DNS works only while connected to the VPN. I asked them if they have plans to offer a standalone DNS (for that I would pay lifetime), and the answer was "no".

• @sgheghele said:

@amsaal said:
    so basically DNS firewall is simply like nextdns but less customization. still a good share

Not really, it is more like ROBERT in Windscribe. The DNS works only while connected to the VPN. I asked them if they have plans to offer a standalone DNS (for that I would pay lifetime), and the answer was "no".

Why not use Pi-Hole or AdGuard Home or Cloudflare Gateway?

• Can't get the DNS "firewall" to work while using the custom Wireguard config :( Anyone else facing the same?

• amsaalamsaal Member
    edited October 2020

@sgheghele said:

@amsaal said:

You can use Adguard DNS for that.

recently 2 days ago then changed IP Address.

https://adguard.com/en/adguard-dns/overview.html#instruction

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @klikli said:
    Can't get the DNS "firewall" to work while using the custom Wireguard config :( Anyone else facing the same?

it just works using the vpuapp.

• @sanvit said:

@sgheghele said:

@amsaal said:

Why not use Pi-Hole or AdGuard Home or Cloudflare Gateway?

If you want to host the first two, you either need a server device at home or a VPS that is close to you and peers well with your provider (and setup a VPN). Sometimes it’s nice to have someone else deal with these things. But NextDNS is good and cheap enough.

• @Abdullah7310 said:

@TimboJones said:
    If I already have an unlimited subscription, how to add the free DNS firewall? The "activate" button is greyed out.

the redeem code option on my.keepsolid.com

FFS, now that I see "REDEEM" in the hamburger menu, I don't know how I missed that before. Thanks

• I think coupon has expired error says "this code is invalid or already has been used".
    Not working with a new account using both website and Android app