Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pricing changes to your cPanel (Effective Jan 1 2021) - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pricing changes to your cPanel (Effective Jan 1 2021)

124»

Comments

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited October 2020

Even Godaddy is increasing the price of cPanel plans (at least for their resellers). I've one 30GB cpanel starter plan with one of their reseller and they informed me that their upstream provider (godaddy) is going revamp (ah! such a cool marketing word for doing face-lift/renovate but at extra cost to client) the hosting plan by adding more storage (50GB), BUT increase the cpanel prices & renewal prices starting 1st Jan 2021 and so their retail price will be affected. Since I don't require web space more than 30GB for my personal site (I've not even reached 50% yet) so I decided to rather stick to current low price and grabbed a 10-yr deal for $2.49/mo (minus 15% discount) which came to be like $2.12 usd x 120 months. So I'm now happily locked-in for next 10 years at cheaper rate (considering cpanel is going to raise prices every year from 2021 to 2030 and beyond)

Also I've 200GB reseller plan with misterhost, hope they're not (yet) increasing the price from $4.99/mo for cpanel/WHM plan.

@Adam1 said: cpanel and DA etc are probably on a slippery slope to being made redundant, now that businesses are become less reliant on control panels and turning to products like square space and hosted platforms like wordpress or shopify.

Cloudflare serverless/workers/KV storage are the next big thing as cpanel and other panels may/will become redundant in coming 6-7 years for techies and pros, but for novice/personal users like me, a basic, simple cpanel UX is quite handy!

• @JasonM said:
    Even Godaddy is increasing the price of cPanel plans (at least for their resellers). I've one 30GB cpanel starter plan with one of their reseller and they informed me that their upstream provider (godaddy) is going revamp (ah! such a cool marketing word for doing face-lift/renovate but at extra cost to client) the hosting plan by adding more storage (50GB), BUT increase the cpanel prices & renewal prices starting 1st Jan 2021 and so their retail price will be affected. Since I don't require web space more than 30GB for my personal site (I've not even reached 50% yet) so I decided to rather stick to current low price and grabbed a 10-yr deal for $2.49/mo (minus 15% discount) which came to be like $2.12 usd x 120 months. So I'm now happily locked-in for next 10 years at cheaper rate (considering cpanel is going to raise prices every year from 2021 to 2030 and beyond)

Also I've 200GB reseller plan with misterhost, hope they're not (yet) increasing the price from $4.99/mo for cpanel/WHM plan.

@Adam1 said: cpanel and DA etc are probably on a slippery slope to being made redundant, now that businesses are become less reliant on control panels and turning to products like square space and hosted platforms like wordpress or shopify.

Cloudflare serverless/workers/KV storage are the next big thing as cpanel and other panels may/will become redundant in coming 6-7 years for techies and pros, but for novice/personal users like me, a basic, simple cpanel UX is quite handy!

You don't think you'll need more resources within 10 years? In 10 years, I'd hope we're all using fiber connections with NVMe storage drives and shared hosting will be dinosaurs.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2020

@TimboJones said:

Don't forget S3(-compatible) for static resources.

So many projects I've consulted for are going k8s or ECS for API and S3 for static.

• @splitice @timbojones can also use google firebase for static as well

• So many companies still only offer Cpanel, no alternatives in sight, when further price hikes were expectable and I doubt will stop anytime soon.
    Do yourself a favor, offer Cpanel alternatives to your customers that don't want to get entangled on this clusterf.

• verovero Member, Host Rep

@DA_Mark said:
    On the flip side, we will require a small but fair monthly minimum order requirement and better verification procedures. There will be some DA hatred because those "datacenters" with 1 or 2 licenses (and 100's of monthly support tickets) will be making a lot of noise that we are kicking them to the curb.

It will also mean better development and better support, because we are eliminating the 1% that takes 99% of our time.

Also some other businesses, that don't require support at all, may fall accidentally within that margin of error.

There's no excuse to be a dick, but there is no excuse to be someone's doormat either.

No need to excuse. This is business. Single notification is all that's needed. At least before a month prior to taking some critical actions to one's account. I can create template for you for FREE, just DM me.

• agomezagomez Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2021

Do the invoices with the new cPanel price already be arriving. Will we see more cPanel increases this year?

• someshzsomeshz Member, Host Rep

@agomez said:
    Do the invoices with the new cPanel price already be arriving. Will we see more cPanel increases this year?

The invoice for the partners will generate on the 15th, will update once I receive the invoice from cPanel.

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

DA is a great product, we were just hesitating to migrate to DA as were just afraid that clients might not like it, but now finally we have moved all our shared hosting and reseller hosting customers to DA, our cPanel servers are still online, just in case we missed something, and we will finally retire them by end of this month and will be cPanel FREE by 31st Jan 2020.

Had some minor issues during migration, but they were instantly resolved by @DA_Mark support team ... so far all we are getting appreciation and positive feedback from all clients, not a single complain about lack of features or any other issue ... moreover the price that we were paying for cPanel License in that same cost actually even cheaper, now we have got LiteSpeed, DA, CloudLinux, ImmunityAV+ and lot more and still costs us less then cPanel .. so now we are able to give better and faster hosting without increasing our costs

Thanked by 2JamesF Shazan
  • stefemanstefeman Member
    edited January 2021

@deank said:
    MantisHost raised fuckload of prices with the previous CPfinal price increase.

They can tank this one.

hehehehe.. ahahahah.. AHAHAHAHAHHA, no.. there will be price increase.. just wait..

• SynatiqSynatiq Member
    edited January 2021

I am personally not against the division of the whole industry between DA and cPanel. I think the product is well worth it when you make the comparisons, and cPanel essentially solved the problem with mass overselling by budget hosts. It almost pulled them down - offering such a superior panel (yes it still is) on a crappy budget host with 5 connections limit. “But who cares, it’s unlimited storage, right?”

If squarespace and WPengine can charge tons for what they offer, I am sure companies running cPanel can still be more competitive than those two whilst offering a heck ton more in terms of possibilities for what you can host.

So you know, sell quality shit. Give it everything - ddos protection, fast nvme drives, 10Gbps, hourly backups, raise the limits... people are still happy to pay the extra $1 for it.

Thanked by 1lovelyserver