Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Props to BlueVM (a positive review)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Props to BlueVM (a positive review)

BK_BK_ Member
edited November 2013 in Reviews

Evening LET'ers!

I just figured I'd take a few minutes to commend the actions of BlueVM's management.

--

On November 9th, I wandered into BlueVM's IRC asking if they could throw up some stock for their 'Reseller1' cPanel hosting package so I could move a few of my clients over. Within a few hours, stock was added. I placed an order and submitted a ticket to get a dedicated IP invoiced & added in addition to getting my username changed. My username was changed the same day and I was asked to provide justification. Very speedy!

The next morning, I was invoiced for the IP after providing justification. I also informed them that I did not have access to WHM.

Two days go by, and on November 12th I get a generic troubleshooting response (re: WHM) from a Level 1 tech asking me to try my updated username, which of course did not resolve the issue. I responded to the ticket stating this.

The next day, I popped back into IRC asking for the ticket to be escalated as it was taking a while for my ticket to get resolved. It was escalated within a few minutes, and back in the 'Pending Admin Action' state.

On November 15th, I cancelled the service. I citied section 8 of their TOS, however asked for an exception to be made for a refund as I had not received what I had ordered.

Today, the 16th, I got a response stating a refund could not be issued and if I had waited a little longer it'd be resolved. Not a problem, I agreed to the TOS. I politely reminded them that it had already been in excess of 120 hours since I originally notified them I did not have WHM access. I was informed that they had a backlog of higher-priority tickets (which is completely understandable). As a refund was not an option, I asked for the pitiful $2.99 I paid for the services to be donated to the Typhoon Haiyan relief efforts.

A few hours later, Justin @BlueVM updated my ticket with the donation and apologized for the delays I had experienced.

I'd like to give props to BlueVM for not only following through with my request for the small amount I paid to be donated, but tripling it.

Just to clarify, this is a positive review for BlueVM -- I'm very satisfied with how the situation was handled. cPanel hosting isn't their speciality, VPS' are. The delayed response times were justified as they apparently were in the process of working through a massive backlog of tickets from their recent KVM sale. I'm sure it didn't help either that I responded once or twice, putting my ticket back at the bottom of the queue.

Once again, massive props to @BlueVM for taking care of the situation.

TL;DR Ordered cPanel reseller hosting, WHM permissions weren't auto added. Issue wasn't resolved promptly due to backlog of higher-priority tickets. Asked for refund, declined as per TOS. Asked for the money to be donated. Justin donated the amount *3. I'll be sure to give them a shot again in the future.

Thanked by 2earl mpkossen

Comments

• if is positive, put it on the TITLE

POSITIVE REVIEW!

• dedicados said: if is positive, put it on the TITLE

POSITIVE REVIEW!

Definition of 'props': due respect/proper recognition.

If it makes you happy, I'll add it ;)

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

While it would have been great if the issue was solved in time, the end result is great and I wish most disputes to end up like this :)

• Always nice to hear a good deed!

• Good gesture by BlueVM

• nonubynonuby Member
    edited November 2013

Perspective, you should of got a refund and an apology anyway, without having to play hmm we-can-not-agree-just-give-it-to-charity card. I know charity gives people that warm fuzzy feeling but it is still poor form (refusal of refund despite non-delivery - you may argue partial delivery but essentially DOA) from the host involved (their speciality or not).

I'm sure it didn't help either that I responded once or twice, putting my ticket back at the bottom of the queue.

Also you can't be held responsible for their ticket system acting in a non-logical fashion just because you decide to suffix a ticket with more info.. i know which ticket system involved here, not need to go OT

• Nice work @BlueVM i wanted to give your service a try.But your vpses are always out of stock.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2013

@shawn123 said:
    your vpses are always out of stock.

That is a good sign, usually, I take it as a positive wallet vote as well as a sustainable expansion model.
    You invest what you can afford and are sure you have customers for.

• nonuby said: Also you can't be held responsible for their ticket system acting in a non-logical fashion just because you decide to suffix a ticket with more info.. i know which ticket system involved here, not need to go OT

Most of us BlueVM Techs sort the ticket queue to put oldest tickets (since the last reply) first. Thus, making a new reply pushes your ticket to the bottom.

• Hmm.. Doesnt read like a positive review, after cutting through all the icings and fruit. :)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@joelgm exactly my thought

• joelgm said: Hmm.. Doesnt read like a positive review, after cutting through all the icings and fruit. :)

+1

• I have the same issues with BlueVM last time (almost a year). Cpanel reseller, cannot access WHM.

And they did resolve it for me, I think it took just 1 day to resolve. I wonder why this was not done quickly for you since they face this before.

• I had the same issue with no WHM account, but I messaged Justin on Skype about it and he fixed it within two minutes.

• @joelgm said:
    Hmm.. Doesnt read like a positive review, after cutting through all the icings and fruit. :)

yeah I know, 3 actual negatives... The only positive was a refund he requested, which they didn't give him but they donated it to the Red Cross. And then he left...

I guess it was nice of them to donate 3x the refund, but by the sounds of this "Positive Review" I certainly wouldn't be interested.

• I can definitely see where people are coming from, saying it appears more of a negative review than a positive one -- exactly why I put the disclaimer.

Sure I wasn't exactly happy when everything was going down, but there was an explination for it and in the end they handled it very professionally and properly. It's the resolution, in my opinion, that counts the most (as long as it's done before it's too late).

@Magiobiwan - I figured as much. Just a suggestion: perhaps some coding is in order to make it so you're able to sort it from the last time a support rep has replied rather than the customer?

• @BK_ I'm sure WHMCS will get right on that (/sarcasm)!

• It is good to read good (maybe not so much) reviews. Specially when one side is not satisfied with the other.

I think it is the minimum you can wait from a company who wants to continue in this niche.

In spite to say that the client opened a lot of tickets, BlueVM SOLVED the problem in the best way it could.

Respect for the client, it is not SOMETHING all providers have.

Maybe it can be used as an example.

Congrats, @BlueVM. I am a BlueVM costumer and I am glad to read you are the kind of company that RESPECT the client in any situation.

• Magiobiwan said: Thus, making a new reply pushes your ticket to the bottom.

Makes sense :rolleyes:

• @DragonDF said:
    I am a BlueVM costumer

Huh?

• We have our own Costume Team. We're that cool.

• @Magiobiwan said:
    We have our own Costume Team. We're that cool.

Actually you sucks. I joined you IRC today to see what's going on and why tickets don't get answered for so long and I see literally tens people of joining and begging to someone answer their tickets. No response whatsoever.

• The service with BlueVM has been pretty decent for me. Have 2 VPS and a cPanel hosting with them.

Response time to support tickets and notification on what is happening when something goes wrong is where they have to improve on. I have had times to wait for more than 30 hours, when my VPS was down to get a knowledgeable response. Maybe few more support staff (L1 and L2) at different timezones will get things smooth.