Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LosAngelesVPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LosAngelesVPS

Is it LosAngelesVPS legit ? Any experiences?

Comments

• Why are people trying these noname hosts instead of going for a trusted one on the same location?

They're shady and this has been discussed in the past. I'm sure we have plenty of hosts available on your desired location.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

You can try us instead at our LA location within the next 48 hours as we're currently migrating to Redondo with INAP.

• well i bought it and price decided, i didnt read reviews before, now i got problem with blocked ports so just wonder whats up

• Their disks are very slow from my experience.

• It just went down after 1 day and is off whole day now.

• You get what you pay for.

• @xaos said:
    It just went down after 1 day and is off whole day now.

If you are having doubts, I have a solution for you :)

• @xaos said: It just went down after 1 day and is off whole day now.

Look one comment above and experience something new.

Thanked by 1samoox86
  • This week our upstream provider who our servers are housed with recently migrated from Los Angeles, CA to Redondo Beach, CA (Internap Datacenter). Previously, we had servers in both Los Angeles and Redondo Beach with this provider, and as of this week all servers are now located within the same Redondo Beach facility.

While we are still using the same network, and all IPs and data remain intact - during that physical migration period to Redondo Beach, services that were originally in the Los Angeles Datacenter were inaccessible (and this downtime period was scheduled in advance with our active customers, we sent out the maintenance notice to our customers as soon as we received notice from our upstream provider).

As of early this morning the datacenter migration is completed and services should be restored. If anyone is experiencing any issues or still notice their services are inaccessible, we welcome you to submit a support ticket to our help desk so we can troubleshoot your issue.

This was a once in a life-cycle event to migrate servers into a consolidated location and network upstream, and to quote our upstream provider, "will offer additional infrastructure redundancy, improved cooling, improved security, and additional capacity to sustain our customer's growth."

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate
    edited September 2020

Why are people trying these noname hosts instead of going for a trusted one on the same location?

If anyone needs a server in Antarctica, the only choice is a noname host.
    https://yoursunny-summer-host.cf

• Ah, so xaos signed up after the maintenance email went out and didn't get it to know about it.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • xaosxaos Member
    edited September 2020

@TimboJones said:
    Ah, so xaos signed up after the maintenance email went out and didn't get it to know about it.

I guess.

Its working now.

Well i signed up to give it a shot for this prices. I need it for 1 wordpress shop, simple thing.

This is the deal I went for.

https://lowendbox.com/blog/losangelesvps-1gb-kvm-for-19-year-with-ddos-protection/

• Thank you for choosing to host with us @xaos :)

It's great to have you with us, and I'm glad to hear things are working stable now after the datacenter migration. If you need anything else, please don’t hesitate to open a support ticket.

• CPU Model : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 0 @ 2.60GHz
    CPU Cores : 2
    CPU Frequency : 2599.998 MHz
    CPU Cache : 20480 KB
    Total Disk : 47.0 GB (4.4 GB Used)
    Total Mem : 2488 MB (293 MB Used)
    Total Swap : 2558 MB (0 MB Used)
    System uptime : 0 days, 16 hour 34 min
    Load average : 0.19, 0.06, 0.02
    Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel : 5.4.0-48-generic
    TCP CC : cubic
    Virtualization : KVM
    Organization : AS35913 DediPath

Region : Washington

I/O Speed(1st run) : 327 MB/s
    I/O Speed(2nd run) : 788 MB/s
    I/O Speed(3rd run) : 746 MB/s

Average I/O speed : 620.3 MB/s

Node Name Upload Speed Download Speed Latency
    Speedtest.net 179.92 Mbps 195.34 Mbps 1.66 ms
    Beijing CU 188.09 Mbps 35.16 Mbps 179.09 ms
    Shanghai CT 24.31 Mbps 26.87 Mbps 136.44 ms
    Shanghai CU 172.71 Mbps 31.37 Mbps 165.36 ms
    Guangzhou CT 184.99 Mbps 25.83 Mbps 161.84 ms
    Hongkong CN 154.33 Mbps 36.83 Mbps 175.19 ms
    Singapore SG 127.21 Mbps 26.29 Mbps 194.62 ms

Tokyo JP 43.87 Mbps 19.86 Mbps 118.59 ms

• I mean I have one I just haven't touched it.

But I could also say the same thing about the other two that I have.

Cloudcone, losangeles vps, racknerd

But as mentioned I really can't tell you much about them

Thanked by 1Cloudcone
  • @MINIMAN10000 said:
    I mean I have one I just haven't touched it.

But I could also say the same thing about the other two that I have.

Cloudcone, losangeles vps, racknerd

But as mentioned I really can't tell you much about them

u just collecting them as souvenirs :smiley:

• Ive had LosAngelesVPS in the past. It did the same thing to me the day after i purchased.

• @dtuando said:
    Ive had LosAngelesVPS in the past. It did the same thing to me the day after i purchased.

Moved to another datacenter?

• nbnnbn Member
    edited October 2020

I mean if you want a performance VPS go with nexusbytes, but I have a few VPS hosted super cheap on a promo on losangelesvps and I haven't had too many issues given the extremely cheap cost (the disks are a tad slow, internet isnt gig for sure but works fine at 100mb). Assume occasional downtime, but 99% of the time my VPS work and are reasonable compared to other cheap vps. Overall my experience with losangelesvps has been good. I wouldn't do something like store valuable files on their VPS, but I use them for huge cluster parallel data algorithms in R, and for that they work well.

• @LosAngelesVPS said:
    Thank you for choosing to host with us @xaos :)

It's great to have you with us, and I'm glad to hear things are working stable now after the datacenter migration. If you need anything else, please don’t hesitate to open a support ticket.

dead ? https://www.losangelesvps.com/

• @xaos said:

@LosAngelesVPS said:
    Thank you for choosing to host with us @xaos :)

dead ? https://www.losangelesvps.com/

Site loads for me 🤷🏻‍♂️

• @xaos Our main website (not the client area) faced an issue loading the main page after an automatic Wordpress update.

This has already been fixed, and none of our client's servers ever went down.

• @LosAngelesVPS said:
    This week our upstream provider who our servers are housed with recently migrated from Los Angeles, CA to Redondo Beach, CA (Internap Datacenter). Previously, we had servers in both Los Angeles and Redondo Beach with this provider, and as of this week all servers are now located within the same Redondo Beach facility.

While we are still using the same network, and all IPs and data remain intact - during that physical migration period to Redondo Beach, services that were originally in the Los Angeles Datacenter were inaccessible (and this downtime period was scheduled in advance with our active customers, we sent out the maintenance notice to our customers as soon as we received notice from our upstream provider).

As of early this morning the datacenter migration is completed and services should be restored. If anyone is experiencing any issues or still notice their services are inaccessible, we welcome you to submit a support ticket to our help desk so we can troubleshoot your issue.

This was a once in a life-cycle event to migrate servers into a consolidated location and network upstream, and to quote our upstream provider, "will offer additional infrastructure redundancy, improved cooling, improved security, and additional capacity to sustain our customer's growth."

Dont Recommend. My IP got blocked for no reason and they are saing that i must reinstall my os to get the vps in order. simple as that, and lose all my work.

This as the awnser:

"Hello

You need to reinstall your server again for ip to get rememoved.

Regards,

Steven
    LosAngelesVPS.com"

• **LOS ANGELES VPS DESTROYED 2 YEARS WORTH OF DATA **

long term customer was looking to add another VPS location. Called pre-sales and asked them if they can install a particular build server operating system. Was told that they could so i placed a new order and opened a ticket to install.

Few days after i ordered they informed me i could not install the OS as they claimed before. They offered a refund which i accepted then proceeded to refund and delete my entire account including the older instance that had data. They gave me no warning, have no backups only an apology

"due to miscommunication from our end. i suppose it got deleted Sorry for the trouble caused.
    Regards,
    Steven
    LosAngelesVPS.com"

Aweful aweful experience. They took a simple simple request and made it a nightmare. Avoid them at all costs.

• What are the factors which forced you think like that? I mean why do you want to confirm that its legit.. Best way is to check its reviews.

• @samoox86 said:
    **LOS ANGELES VPS DESTROYED 2 YEARS WORTH OF DATA **

long term customer was looking to add another VPS location. Called pre-sales and asked them if they can install a particular build server operating system. Was told that they could so i placed a new order and opened a ticket to install.

Few days after i ordered they informed me i could not install the OS as they claimed before. They offered a refund which i accepted then proceeded to refund and delete my entire account including the older instance that had data. They gave me no warning, have no backups only an apology

"due to miscommunication from our end. i suppose it got deleted Sorry for the trouble caused.
    Regards,
    Steven
    LosAngelesVPS.com"

Aweful aweful experience. They took a simple simple request and made it a nightmare. Avoid them at all costs.

Sorry to hear about that. This is why everyone should keep their own backups in addition to the provider keeping their own backups, whether you pay 1, or 1,000, backup backup backup. If it's important, keep it in at least 2 locations, if not more.. I as a provider keep both onsite and offsite backups of all client data.

• racknerd is better/

• It's not a scam, I took a cheap yearly to test and it was delivered right away. It hasn't disappeared yet.

The network is a little funky on the uplink (need to retry a few times to get normal speed instead of 5kb/sec) but I assume it's probably busy with MJJs or under some sort of QoS.

The unlimited gigabit in LA sucked me in.