Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you buy an IP block from IRAN?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Would you buy an IP block from IRAN?

I got offered a good price for a block but it's from IRAN. The block is clean through SpamHaus but I wonder if there is a catch? Would the Iran region hurt the reputation of the IPs in any way?

Also it's from RIPE region supposedly and I though RIPE was only Europe... I'm confused there too...

Comments

• if you are in a western country that is somewhat friendly with the US i would avoid it.

you'll effectively be permanently blocked from azure and others etc no matter how much geoip complaints you file.

• I would buy/rent one (one IP not block) just for collection.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@JohnWinner said: I got offered a good price for a block but it's from IRAN.

I would ****seriously**** validate that block.

There's been more than a few people trying to sell federal/school IP blocks out of Iran before.

Francisco

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @hzr said:
    if you are in a western country that is somewhat friendly with the US i would avoid it.

you'll effectively be permanently blocked from azure and others etc no matter how much geoip complaints you file.

Thank you for your input.
    I will reveal the company as they made me lose my time and I find it borderline unethical/scammy that they lured me with good prices, asked all about my company information and THEN at the very end revealed that the block was from Iran. (lesson learned, I should have asked at the very beginning!) They also wanted me to sign a NDA to reveal their precious numbers. (which I didn't at this point)

The company is IPv4mall.com, you have been warned.

• @Francisco said:

@JohnWinner said: I got offered a good price for a block but it's from IRAN.

I would ****seriously**** validate that block.

There's been more than a few people trying to sell federal/school IP blocks out of Iran before.

Francisco

Why bother and take the risk? The price wasn't THAT good. Anyway I prefer paying a little more and not having to worry. I will find another block.

• My home ISP got some former Iran IP-range recently... serious fun :#

Thanked by 1JohnWinner
  • @JohnWinner said: The company is IPv4mall.com, you have been warned.

lol

IPv4Mall online Marketplace provides specified and elaborated information online, as well as in hard copies like eBooks etc., for each individual listing, these knowledge based information

half the site is incomprehensible barely-english and under "buy ipv4" they are selling /29s while also offering "bypass spam filter email marketing" service?

• lol indeed. Better avoid.