Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

StackSocial Tesla Giveaway
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

StackSocial Tesla Giveaway

armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Honestly?
Was randomly checking stacksocial and i saw this.

Stacksocial is giving away a tesla around december, looks just way too good to be true.

Thought of sharing.

Thanked by 2Ympker default

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

What are the odds of getting it? Near to 0 in my opinion. Millions of people will sign up, plus more millions of fake accounts.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@FAT32 said:
    What are the odds of getting it? Near to 0 in my opinion. Millions of people will sign up, plus more millions of fake accounts.

Well honestly, it's not like our life depends on it. It will take you approx 2 secs for you to signup. Not a big deal.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@armandorg said:
    Well honestly, it's not like our life depends on it. It will take you approx 2 secs for you to signup. Not a big deal.

I am just being skeptical of all those lucky draws, or almost anything in the world :joy:

Thanked by 1lokuzard
  • @FAT32 said:

@armandorg said:

I am just being skeptical of all those lucky draws, or almost anything in the world :joy:

Me too, but $40k 'value' isn't that big a deal for a marketing campaign budget, cost price from Tesla and split with Stacksocial.

TBH not sure I can be bothered for a campaign that will gather entries for 3 months, but thanks for the tip.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited September 2020

Chance of getting this car is like 0,0000000000001% considering many will create fake accounts.

I can already see a 1GB VPS with LXDE desktop (for minimal run) and using xdotool to automatically click and enter random variations of e-mail address within same domain.tld (.EU offer is still active, and Freenom still offers free domains). Domain needs to be configured with catch all email, to receive all emails in same real email address, in case any fake account wins.

This is easy: no captcha required, no email confirmation, so I assume 1 participation every 20 seconds (not to get blacklisted), meaning 3 submissions per minute (4320 per day, 388.800 per 3 months). If 1000 people do it (because they have idling VPS around), it will be 388.800.000 fake submissions. Honest people have no chance at a free Tesla car. :smiley:

@default said:
    Chance of getting this car is like 0,0000000000001% considering many will create fake accounts.

I can already see a 1GB VPS with LXDE desktop (for minimal run) and using xdotool to automatically click and enter random variations of e-mail address within same domain.tld (.EU offer is still active, and Freenom still offers free domains). Domain needs to be configured with catch all email, to receive all emails in same real email address, in case any fake account wins.

This is easy: no captcha required, no email confirmation, so I assume 1 participation every 20 seconds (not to get blacklisted), meaning 3 submissions per minute (4320 per day, 388.800 per 3 months). If 1000 people do it (because they have idling VPS around), it will be 388.800.000 fake submissions. Honest people have no chance at a free Tesla car. :smiley:

This explanation just makes me want to remove my submission

• @armandorg said:

@default said:

This explanation just makes me want to remove my submission

Sorry, I did not mean to cause remorse. I can remove my comment if it makes you feel better.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Has anyone driven a Tesla?

A friend just bought a Tesla model 3 -- I have to admit that I was skeptical before seeing it I am super impressed by the technology and fit and finish (the early issues on the model 3 seem to be fixed).

It wasn't too expensive either, he paid less than $40K USD.

It sort of feels like the future of the auto.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited September 2020

@jbiloh said:

A friend just bought a Tesla model 3 -- I have to admit that I was skeptical before seeing it I am super impressed by the technology and fit and finish (the early issues on the model 3 seem to be fixed).

40k is a fortune for some people. They will enter that giveaway and hope for the best, not because they actually need a car, but to sell it for a better quality of life through poverty caused by corrupted politicians. This is why I posted how I can see a way to trick the system, maybe it helps members here in desperate need of that golden ticket; they will obviously need lots of luck too.

• I'd take the cash option - unfortunately I dont have GVH or the 20 company consortium to help me afford things

• vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2020

When you open the terms/rules first thing it says:

DUE TO THE UNPRECEDENTED NATURE OF THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO LIMIT, EXTEND, REVISE, OR CANCEL THE PROMOTION IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION AT ANY TIME.

• don't forget that you will have to pay full US taxes on prize winnings, full MSRP before you can claim it

• also this is horrible:

Each winner hereby expressly grants to the Promotion Parties and their respective designees all rights to use and publish his/her name, likeness (photographic or simulated), voice, and province of residence for all purposes, including without limitation, advertising, marketing, promotional and publicity purposes in connection with this Promotion (“Advertising”), in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without any form of notice or any amount or kind of compensation or permission, except where prohibited by applicable law. All copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights in such Advertising shall be owned by Sponsor and/or its licensors, and each winning participant hereby disclaims and waives any claim of right to such Advertising. Such Advertising shall be solely under the control of Sponsor and/or its licensors, and each winner hereby waives any claim of control over the Advertising content as well as any possible claims of misuse of such winning recipient’s name, likeness or voice under contract, tort, privacy, or any other theory of law.

Thanked by 2TimboJones MrH
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host
    edited September 2020

@jbiloh said:

Yes, Tesla Model X P100D. Just lovely :) One of my favorite cars of all time, though I miss my Charger SRT. I'll likely get another one of those here soon.

Though, when I bought the Model X it was ~170k USD out the door, then depreciated to $130k and now you can get the same (newer) model, fully loaded for $115k so the price is only getting better and better.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

Even if I won the Tesla, the challenge would be how I would get it here and the additional import duties - that is what you get for living in a third world country.

• serv_eeserv_ee Member
    edited September 2020

@jbiloh said:

For the last sentence...it just might be if it got cheaper for a lot of people but for petrol heads it's just "meh" if not down right "Hell no". Even other manufacturers installing engine speakers in and outside the car is just down right retarded. Bmw and merc giving up on v12s and soon v8s...sad day really.

As for tesla, I really hate the interior for some reason. Just looks...bland.

Sorry for the small rant.

• click4easyclick4easy Member
    edited September 2020

I emailed Josh(Stackcommerce CEO) about the potential misuse(by bots) for the campaign that they're running.

Here's his response

"Thanks so much for writing in.

We are actually using the latest captcha technology which is a "hidden" global captcha on our whole site. Looking at the entries, we are not seeing ANY bot entries getting through.

Currently there are only ~20k entries, so not in the millions at all. :)

Hope this helps clarify."

@click4easy said:
    We are actually using the latest captcha technology which is a "hidden" global captcha on our whole site. Looking at the entries, we are not seeing ANY bot entries getting through.

reCAPTCHA v3 *

• Now let's just hope a member of LET community wins this car. I would love to see a moderator of LET winning it. Just imagine the comments about karma repaying for the hard work, or the fact that the end is not as nigh as we initially thought.

• Too bad I don't have alpharacks money - I could've had a tesla

Thanked by 1MrH
  • @dustinc said:

@jbiloh said:

Yes, Tesla Model X P100D. Just lovely :) One of my favorite cars of all time, though I miss my Charger SRT. I'll likely get another one of those here soon.

Though, when I bought the Model X it was ~170k USD out the door, then depreciated to $130k and now you can get the same (newer) model, fully loaded for $115k so the price is only getting better and better.

I don't know why you'd mention that on LET (know your audience, dude), but you've just signed up for way more AlphaRacks trolling.

Stick with "a friend of mine..." next time.

• @armandorg said: reCAPTCHA v3 *

They use a lot more than that. Incredibly invasive shit.

edited September 2020

@TimboJones said:

@dustinc said:

@jbiloh said:

I don't know why you'd mention that on LET (know your audience, dude), but you've just signed up for way more AlphaRacks trolling.

Stick with "a friend of mine..." next time.

Hahaha, totally understand where you are coming from. Good looking out. :)

I'm capable of handling the trolling, the trolling really doesn't bother someone like me. I'm an open book and have addressed concerns/questions regarding the topic many times.

But at the same time, there's only so much you can do. People either believe everything they hear, contribute to spreading rumors, or are on the brighter end. And you realize that, so do I. The trolls can have their fun.

• UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited September 2020

@dustinc - is racknerds registered in Calif yet?

edited September 2020

@Unbelievable said:
    @dustinc - is racknerds registered in Calif yet?

Good question, we're registered in Delaware as you previously commented :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Keep in mind that stacksocial recently crossed the threshold into scammer territory by standing by their decision to sell lifetime unlimited hosting from a hostgator reseller (that doesn't even give you login credentials in the end). Avoid like the plague.

• So foreign entities (meaning out of state) don't have to register in calif as a foreign entity? Just curious, is all.

• @Unbelievable said:
    So foreign entities (meaning out of state) don't have to register in calif as a foreign entity? Just curious, is all.

You'd probably get a better answer from Google.

Thanked by 1dustinc

@TimboJones said:

@Unbelievable said:
    So foreign entities (meaning out of state) don't have to register in calif as a foreign entity? Just curious, is all.

You'd probably get a better answer from Google.

Or consult with your own legal team. That's usually a good way.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • I like the odds.