Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hostslick - 2 major meltdowns - V. unreliable - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hostslick - 2 major meltdowns - V. unreliable

2»

Comments

• godslayergodslayer Member
    edited November 2020

@Falzo said:
    ahaha, hoping for some credits? other got that mail too, you know? :-P

You see bud, when one goes for a BF VPS for ten dollars or something, he has no expectations. I had none. But i wouldn't have liked to see server getting wiped of and just being like that, even if i wasnt running anything "mission critical" on it. That too twice. But if other BF members want to give me credit, i will take it :)

However i am not getting any credits for this(nor taking any) from Max, and my vps is probably not getting deployed again, even though i have a month left. Let me see if if can talk to max about it, will leave it spare... running a VPN or something.

The crux is, this guy had come up with once in a lifetime problem wherein all hard disks fail, which was, understandably difficult to accept earlier, but the way the guy has humbly owned up for the downtime, its indeed very impressive. He couldve easily said blackfriday vps are like this only. Though ive had ultra reliables ones with @ISHAQ earlier.

Thanked by 2HostSlick appv
  • @godslayer said:
    dont understand how that is possible though as they have all the blackfriday accounts on the same node which reportedly failed twice??

I ordered the higher end OpenVZ plan. Realized I couldn't use it (since I wanted Windows), put in a ticket and he switched me to KVM with lower resources for the same price. That's probably the reason why I had a completely different experience.

• Absolutely