Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Semi-Dedicated 3-4GB Ram Cpanel Below 10usd/month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Semi-Dedicated 3-4GB Ram Cpanel Below 10usd/month

LikloveLiklove Member
edited September 2020 in Requests
  • Semi-Dedicated (Between Shared and VPS, right?)
  • 3 or 4 gb ram
  • 2 or 3 core CPU
  • Decent I/O Limit
  • Decent entry processes
  • Wordpress focus

And reliable one? Not new ones..

Comments

• I don't think $10/m will cover the cPanel license.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

I would recommend to wait for Christmas and hope Santa will approve it

Or just go with shared hosting or choose Directadmin instead

• HostMantis DA Enterprise Hosting.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

HostWithLove have semi dedicated plans

• ok thx ,
    another question is: Are Semi-dedi hosting better than wordpress hostings?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

That's such a vague question. Wordpress is just a php script with mysql backend.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@Liklove said:
    ok thx ,
    another question is: Are Semi-dedi hosting better than wordpress hostings?

There's no such thing as "Wordpress hosting"

It's a marketing term/gimmick to attract people with website based on wordpress scripts

For you
    1. If your website have low traffic and less resources hungry then shared hosting is enough for that

1. When it grows you can move to a VPS

2. When it grows further and becomes resources hungry then use a dedicated server instead

And if you need a control panel like cPanel but have limited budget then I would recommend you to use Directadmin.

It's lightweight and easy to use

Many providers like us do provide Directadmin with VPS at very low cost. Sometimes even for free.

• @ViridWeb said: There's no such thing as "Wordpress hosting"

I beg to differ. I have seen "Wordpress Specified" hosting providers which have a dedicated panel to control Wordpress websites with ease and things like built in CDN, file scanning specified for Wordpress centric attacks and so on.

It does indeed uses common technologies such as Apache/Nginx/Litespeed or whatever suits your bill. However, they are pretty specified so I believe it's OK-ish to call them Wordpress hosting

Thanked by 1jar
  • yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited September 2020

WordPress.com has "WordPress hosting" with unlimited cpu power, unlimited ram and unlimited bandwidth on free plan.

• @sdglhm said:

@ViridWeb said: There's no such thing as "Wordpress hosting"

I beg to differ. I have seen "Wordpress Specified" hosting providers which have a dedicated panel to control Wordpress websites with ease and things like built in CDN, file scanning specified for Wordpress centric attacks and so on.

It does indeed uses common technologies such as Apache/Nginx/Litespeed or whatever suits your bill. However, they are pretty specified so I believe it's OK-ish to call them Wordpress hosting

I think if you have a wordpress website then wordpress hosting would be better and cheaper & faster for the script.

Are these also allow uploading and restoring old cpanel backups?

edited September 2020

Not cheaper. Should be more expensive.
    Not necessarily faster, either.

You are talking about specialized hosting for those who have no clue or too lazy to maintain stuff.

• LikloveLiklove Member
    edited September 2020

@deank said:

You are talking about specialized hosting for those who have no clue or too lazy to maintain stuff.

Yes. Can you list any good and reliable ones?

Nope, do your own homework please.

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • edited September 2020

@Liklove said: better and cheaper & faster for the script.

That's debatable though. Most of the OK-ish or better WP focused hosting packages are really expensive and some of the low end ones are just reusing cPanel and rebranding their hosting packages as Wordpress optimised.

@deank said: You are talking about specialized hosting for those who have no clue or too lazy to maintain stuff.

Fully agree. I'm using Kinsta hosting to host about 7 Wordpress websites because I'm lazy AF. It's pretty cut and dry. You setup it once and then you rarely have to worry about anything else other than content.

@Liklove said: Yes. Can you list any good and reliable ones?

From my personal experience, Kinsta is really prem. But expensive at the same time.

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited September 2020

WordPress Hosting is bit of marketing gimmick and bit of reality. I've seen many hosts offering shared plans for $5 where user can host 5 sites, WP plans for $8 or $10 where user can host single WP site. Now their base-node specs are same, E3 or E5 server, 32GB or more RAM, etc. The bandwidth is also same, same network provider, etc.

But considering WP eats CPU/RAM than normal php/mySQL based sites, host can put LESS tenants on a WP server, than on shared server, add Litespeed or Nginx, a more I/O or more EP and advertise it as "Wordpress-Optimized" hosting and charge some extra bucks for the same!

Managed WP hosting is altogether a premium thing! User get WP auto-installed, CDN, auto updates, malware scanning, and few other perks like more CPU/RAM, but its costly too!

Now its up to the user to decided if their WP site can well-fit in same provider's shared plans or special WP plans OR managed WP! Depends on traffic, usage, plugins installed, etc.

• many true WP plans also have staging sites etc. They also have providers that monitor for updates and plugins etc (see what plesk includes for hosters to monitor/update)