Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Public Mutlti-Server Uptime Script for CentOS 5.x?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Public Mutlti-Server Uptime Script for CentOS 5.x?

lele0108lele0108 Member
edited March 2012 in General

I am looking for a public server uptime script, where people can check the uptime of my servers.

I ran into http://openstatus.nickmoeck.com/, but it looks like its Debian only. I need CentOS 5.x support, since that's the only distro I am currently using.

Comments

• DerekDerek Member

http://pingdom.com/ should work.. You really should run it on a remote server.

A simple <?php echo system('uptime'); ?> would work also.

• I use pingdom, but they limit free plans to one server, and I don't really feel that the uptime monitor is worth their costs.

I am planning on hosting this on a OpenITC 256Mb Xen server, so it is remote.

• NickMNickM Member

OpenStatus will run on CentOS, but you'll have to manually set it up and install dependencies. All of the dependencies are listed on the homepage. There's also a link to the tarball at the bottom. Make sure that you put the config files and .db in /etc/openstatus. If you try it, let me know if you run into any issues and I can help you get it sorted out.

• Sorry to ;offtopic this... but @NickM, does OpenStatus support self-reporting? (a -client connecting to a -server on the same machine). I tried with both localhost and 127, had no luck.

• NickMNickM Member

@Aldryic: It works great for me with 127.0.0.1, but you have to have the server listening on 127.0.0.1 (or 0.0.0.0 if you want it to listen externally too)

• Aah, alright, I must've bungled something, I'll double-check. Thanks!

• NickMNickM Member

@Aldryic: ping me on #frantech if you're still unable to get it working.

• @NickM

Thanks, I'll try to set it up.