Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for dedicated server with ~8TB HDD
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for dedicated server with ~8TB HDD

t0mmyt0mmy Member
edited September 2020 in General

hi
i use a dacentec server since about 2 years with no problem but since about 1 week my speed from server to my home got from ~20MB/s to 400KB/s... when i download with FTP i can make 10 connections and get 4MB/s before i made 3 connections and got my max speed at home (60MB/s)

i´m looking for a server with about 8TB HDD... RAM and CPU does not matter (should be able to stream 1080p with plex) , i pay 25$ @ dacentec ... i think its impossible to find that big HDD for that price but maybe someone here has an idea... please do not suggest me any server which cost more than 30$ per month, i cannot pay more for sure

server is used for torrenting 95% private trackers only, TV series and movies... sometimes PC games... also i have a teamspeak server installed

a bit sad that dacentec speed is not good anyone, was happy with there server all time

Comments

• Hetzner

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

Do you have the same bandwidth issues using their speedtest files?
    http://mirror.dacentec.com/

Have you already contacted Dacentec regarding this?
    Usually their support is quite good and they might find and fix the root cause if you give them a hint.

Thanked by 1t0mmy
  • @dfroe said:
    Do you have the same bandwidth issues using their speedtest files?
    http://mirror.dacentec.com/

yes same speed on test files

ill write a ticket and see if they have any idea why its that slow... from 20MB/s to 400KB/s is big difference... i need not much speed 2-3 MB/s/connection is enough

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited September 2020

So let me get this right...

You have effectively their cheapest server that they sell...and instead of ticketing and working with them directly to resolve this issue -- which actually is most likely caused by routing / capacity issues at your ISP -- you come here and complain you can't can't max out your connection at 60M/sec moving illegal TV shows and movies, your storing on their servers, to your house? Not to mention, if I recall correctly, these uses are against their ToS and the law...

Failure in logic?

I almost want to ask if you believe Covid 19 is real and if you think you should wear a mask, but I am not sure I want to know the answer.

P.S. the use cases you outlined would also be illegal at Hetzner per their ToS and German Law (and likely at most hosts on this forum).

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1ernie88
  • DamoHGDamoHG Member, Patron Provider

You should consider getting a cheap VPS and Google drive.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Slice? Slab?

Francisco