Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloud VM or Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloud VM or Dedicated Server

If you have $100 of budget will you go for Cloud or Dedicated Server? WHY? Yeah we can simply get a E3 with 16GB of RAM w RAID-1 500GB etc but what about the HA ability and the flexibility? Would appreciate any input.

Comments

• This depends on if your application of the service requires high availability and flexibility.

• Which you going to choose if for cPanel?

@fizzyjoe908 said:
    This depends on if your application of the service requires high availability and flexibility.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Then I would probably go for a dedicated server

• If you're going to sell VPS out of the server then dedi. If you need to host your own app/need instant scalability and H.A. then cloud server would be the best.

• @srvrpro As we mentioned will use this machine for cPanel.

• If me, i will choose cloud server. Why? Because i just need to pay for resource that i need. That mean lower cost. It's also scalable too, easy to upgrade resources on demand. Plus high availability.

• For a small to medium cPanel install, I would go with a cloud server as that will allow you to use the cheaper cPanel license for virtualized environments. For a larger install, use the dedicated server.

• the point of @budi1413 look at.... I was agree with that, we just need to pay as much as resource we need or we use.... but when it was come larger, I agree with @fizzyjoe908 thanks both of you make that points