Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is reasonable setup time for users in today's world? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is reasonable setup time for users in today's world?

2»

Comments

• @chip said: I think as long as it says somewhere during signup setup time is 30mins or 3 weeks then that's down to you if it doesn't say then you would expect less than 30mins (most control panels are capable of automation and will automatically setup providing certain criteria are met)

It was never stated on the order form (I just double checked), instead the welcome email, it said that some customers maybe subject to more verification randomly. I supplied all accurate information on site and even Paypal with the same information. No VPN was used, nothing I can think of to set off flags.

It took 3 days from the original purchase to just get that email. They could've sent a damn certified letter to my address and it would've arrived sooner.

• @Derek said:

@chip said: I think as long as it says somewhere during signup setup time is 30mins or 3 weeks then that's down to you if it doesn't say then you would expect less than 30mins (most control panels are capable of automation and will automatically setup providing certain criteria are met)

It was never stated on the order form (I just double checked), instead the welcome email, it said that some customers maybe subject to more verification randomly. I supplied all accurate information on site and even Paypal with the same information. No VPN was used, nothing I can think of to set off flags.

It took 3 days from the original purchase to just get that email. They could've sent a damn certified letter to my address and it would've arrived sooner.

Thats no good... it means you've not got the opportunity to back out if you need it quick

I once ordered a vps... paid for it and waited for a few days.... i chased the provider as I had expected almost instant setup

but figured I'm in the UK and they where probably in the US and It was probably a weekend and I might have triggered fraud system (at the time my billing address was some miles from my actual location, and I had triggered fraud detection before)

However when I contacted them they simply didn't have the stock and where in the process of "spinning up another server" so they could create my vm.... i was gobsmacked and asked for a refund (by this time nearly a week had passed)

Some providers are more interested in the money than the customer experience (luckily not a lot)

Chip