Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One Provider - 48 Hour Flash Sale on Dedi Servers In Paris
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

One Provider - 48 Hour Flash Sale on Dedi Servers In Paris

As the topic says. Just thought share this with LET community ;)

https://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers/paris-france?c=eur

Thanked by 2t0m AlwaysSkint

Comments

• @vip3r09 said:

Does they mark up the price before discount? I did not see any difference compared with their original price.

Thanked by 1HuntersPad
  • hzrhzr Member

$30 for e5v2/64gb ram/2 drives isnt bad

unfortunately, it's oneprovider, so i will pass .

Thanked by 3donko zenki TheKiller
  • @chocolateshirt said:

@vip3r09 said:

Does they mark up the price before discount? I did not see any difference compared with their original price.

The offer price is applied at checkout process

• vip3r09vip3r09 Member
    edited August 2020

@hzr said:
    $30 for e5v2/64gb ram/2 drives isnt bad

unfortunately, it's oneprovider, so i will pass .

I have 1 dedi with them for 1 month, so far no problems. Please can share your experience with them or what been mentioned before on LET?

• hzrhzr Member

bw worse than online generally - not sure how to describe this, no guaranteed maybe?

panel sucks + support takes several days because reselling.

force changing/disabling of locations on onecloud, previous dishonesty => modifying core functionality services after buying them

• How does one install a custom ISO with OneProvider? I have one server that provides IPMI access.

• Please note that for the Paris location, the servers are hosted by Online.net and though they have decent download speeds, upload are mostly completely useless... I have had many occasions where upload was < 2 Mbps or even < 1 Mbps. Transatlantic connections will never reach > 20 Mbps.

When creating ticket you always get the default mail to send output in the RESCUE mode. What happens next ? Just nothing ... If you keep insisting, you will get a new server (so you loose IP and your data) ... and then you just have the same problem.

Went through this process 3 times. And getting your money back (pro-rata): forget it ...

Some other things:

• by the first replacement I got a downgrade I needed to complain for
    • the second replacement would not just even boot in RESCUE mode

If you have issues it is a very painful experience: they just can't do anything about the Online.net infrastructure (who don't care for these servers), each communication takes hours or days to get (most useless) responses from and then this process is repeated over and over again ...

Yes: its is cheap ...

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • terrahostterrahost Member, Patron Provider

One would assume that based on this:
    http://netmap.online.net/

That their network would perform reasonably well. No saturated links etc.

• @terrahost said:
    One would assume that based on this:
    http://netmap.online.net/

That their network would perform reasonably well. No saturated links etc.

No, whenever I have network issues (which is almost always) the netmap does not show any sign of issues ...

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

According to my own experience their internal network (edge switches) in Paris DC2 where those budget servers are located are hopelessly oversubscribed. The network map does not contain that part of the network.

Subtract the cost of electricity from their prices. The result reflects the value of their network.

• hzrhzr Member

@terrahost said: That their network would perform reasonably well. No saturated links etc.

oneprovider is either on a lower priority network, or something else, or just really oversold top of rack switch, who knows.

direct online dedi seem to get much better.

• @vip3r09 said: I have 1 dedi with them for 1 month, so far no problems. Please can share your experience with them or what been mentioned before on LET?

I have had an i3 2TB $10 server since 2017, never had a single issue.

• I got one of their atom dedis for a month ($7+). I don't have any bad issues so far. 100% uptime.
    I'm running Nginx/Mysql/php7.1-fpm and a WordPress powered website. So far so good and I hope this won't change. The HDD is surely used. You can tell when 1TB hard is now saying 800Gb.

So far I am quite happy about their service. Support takes about 2hours to 8hours to reply.

There is a 100% uptime.

Please note I am not affiliated with them.
    To provide proof of this claim. This is the personal random website I run www.nabasamo.com and I am making public monitoring report provided by Hetrix available for you guys to see.

I cannot give recommendations though but experiencing a 100% uptime is likable for me.

Thanked by 2t0m fullclick32
  • password_password_ Member
    edited August 2020

Atom C2350 (706), 4GB, 0.128TB (SSD), Unlimited @ 1000Mbit for 4.99€ in Paris, France. Order: https://oneprovider.com/order/item/dediconf/4224
    1€ cheaper the last sale.
    This seems to have just been added, found this out metadedi.net
    The summer sale probably didn't sell much of these, so they are trying again with a lower price.

Thanked by 1Matt247
  • TejyTejy Member

Xeon E5-1410 v2/64GB DDR3 ECC/2×500 GB (SSD SATA) at 35€, really nice deal.
    About support, you have IPMI, so it will avoid you to reach out their CS for normal actions.

• Network is so bad in those dedi's, but a nice offer though

• @password said:
    1€ cheaper the last sale.

It was €1 cheaper? It means this offer is a ripoff !!! This is LET, we want the dirt-cheap, rock-bottom, low-end, bare-bone price.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Atom C2350 (706), 4GB, 0.128TB (SSD), Unlimited @ 1000Mbit for 4.99€ in Paris, France. Order: https://oneprovider.com/order/item/dediconf/4224

Not the lowest price, compared to Offline.net but for OneProvider its low.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • @l2o88j said:
    Network is so bad in those dedi's, but a nice offer though

Define "bad".

• See my post above. Download speed is good (+/-300-400 Mbps), upload speed (especially transatlantic): often < 5 Mbps, sometimes < 1 or 2 Mbps ...

• @wlambrechts said:
    See my post above. Download speed is good (+/-300-400 Mbps), upload speed (especially transatlantic): often < 5 Mbps, sometimes < 1 or 2 Mbps ...

@Shot2

• @wlambrechts said:
    See my post above. Download speed is good (+/-300-400 Mbps), upload speed (especially transatlantic): often < 5 Mbps, sometimes < 1 or 2 Mbps ...

Well, shit happens - I would not generalize too much.
    With more than a dozen servers at Online/OneProv, never had less than 100mbps cross-atlantic, usually around 250mbps (both ways).

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited August 2020

@Shot2 said:

@wlambrechts said:

Well, shit happens - I would not generalize too much.
    With more than a dozen servers at Online/OneProv, never had less than 100mbps cross-atlantic, usually around 250mbps (both ways).

Strange, because of the issues I have received 2 replacement servers.... and they all have the same issues of upload speed ? Might depend on the location of the servers. I also have an Online server in Amsterdam that is a lot better...

• ---------------------------------------------------------------------
     CPU Model             : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU  C2350  @ 1.74GHz
     CPU Cores             : 2
     CPU Frequency         : 1722.895 MHz
     CPU Cache             : 1024 KB
     Total Disk            : 915.5 GB (622.1 GB Used)
     Total Mem             : 3907 MB (691 MB Used)
     Total Swap            : 1048 MB (82 MB Used)
     System uptime         : 11 days, 19 hour 0 min
     Load average          : 0.07, 0.07, 0.02
     OS                    : Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
     Arch                  : x86_64 (64 Bit)
     Kernel                : 4.15.0-112-generic
     TCP CC                : cubic
     Virtualization        : Dedicated
     Organization          : AS12876 ONLINE S.A.S.
     Location              : Paris / FR
     Region                : Île-de-France
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
     I/O Speed(1st run)    : 80.0 MB/s
     I/O Speed(2nd run)    : 80.1 MB/s
     I/O Speed(3rd run)    : 75.6 MB/s
     Average I/O speed     : 78.6 MB/s
     Node Name        Upload Speed      Download Speed      Latency     
     Speedtest.net    882.12 Mbps       916.65 Mbps         6.72 ms     
     Beijing    CU    103.07 Mbps       784.89 Mbps         308.03 ms   
     Shanghai   CT    1.98 Mbps         972.39 Mbps         230.58 ms   
     Shanghai   CU    67.48 Mbps        584.71 Mbps         365.38 ms   
     Guangzhou  CT    0.92 Mbps         15.89 Mbps          379.35 ms   
     Guangzhou  CU    4.16 Mbps         101.86 Mbps         374.07 ms   
     Shenzhen   CU    2.50 Mbps         29.38 Mbps          360.99 ms   
     Shenzhen   CM    246.56 Mbps       1805.69 Mbps        254.70 ms   
     Hongkong   CN    450.05 Mbps       916.75 Mbps         200.26 ms   
     Singapore  SG    366.31 Mbps       1113.78 Mbps        251.96 ms   
     Tokyo      JP    124.42 Mbps       286.29 Mbps         233.16 ms   

• I have faced speed throttling in Paris location in 2 of my current dedi's

• @l2o88j said:
    I have faced speed throttling in Paris location in 2 of my current dedi's

Hey. Can you explain in detail, about your throttling? I want to find out if I will be facing same issue?

• When i setup a new server, i usually pull 1-2 TB of my backup to the new server. I am seeing complete reduction in speed after that for few days. I also see issues when using plex as the upload speed from these sever is throttled (monitoring from the network usage).

• It is very strange because upload speed from the server to other locations near Paris or one of the neighbouring countries is OK'ish (70-120 Mbps), but as soon as you further (eg US) the speed drops exponentially. It just seems as if they have carrier issues ?

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited August 2020

@wlambrechts said:
    It is very strange because upload speed from the server to other locations near Paris or one of the neighbouring countries is OK'ish (70-120 Mbps), but as soon as you further (eg US) the speed drops exponentially. It just seems as if they have carrier issues ?

Depends on the commercial contract/server model, router you're on, network adapter, kernel config, (eventually enforced throttling if the server was previously abused) etc.

Their network is okay-ish peerwise, hardly ever saturated... but in some rooms in their old DC packed with decade-old servers resold for cheap, their hardware does not get the same dedication and bandwidth and upgrades.

• vip3r09vip3r09 Member
    edited August 2020

@l2o88j said:
    When i setup a new server, i usually pull 1-2 TB of my backup to the new server. I am seeing complete reduction in speed after that for few days. I also see issues when using plex as the upload speed from these sever is throttled (monitoring from the network usage).

@wlambrechts said:
    It is very strange because upload speed from the server to other locations near Paris or one of the neighbouring countries is OK'ish (70-120 Mbps), but as soon as you further (eg US) the speed drops exponentially. It just seems as if they have carrier issues ?

@wlambrechts said:

@Shot2 said:
    Depends on the commercial contract/server model, router you're on, network adapter, kernel config, (eventually enforced throttling if the server was previously abused) etc.

Their network is okay-ish peerwise, hardly ever saturated... but in some rooms in their old DC packed with decade-old servers resold for cheap, their hardware does not get the same dedication and bandwidth and upgrades.

I’m gonna do some testing over the weekend on server. See if upload is what it is. Thanks for everyone’s feedback on one provider :)