Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Syslint.com review : they stole my money!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Syslint.com review : they stole my money!

webtekwebtek Member
edited August 2020 in Reviews

I bought 2 cpnginx licenses from Syslint Technologies in India. My clients reported a lot of issues due to bugs in their software and our clients kept complaining because some features were not working properly. So we tried to get help from Syslint, but the support is terrible, very slow, and not helpful at all. After wasting our time during days trying to fix their buggy software, we gave up and uninstalled it.

After this, I opened a ticket to complain about their service and politely asked for a refund. They denied my refund and canceled my 2 licenses for absolutely no reason. Then they just ghosted me and stopped answering. So I bumped the ticket again and guess what happened? Syslint banned me and blocked my account so now I can't even contact them at all.

Syslint stole my money, I paid 2 licenses for 2 years and they canceled both licenses a few weeks after the payment. So Syslint took my money and I have nothing because they canceled my licenses and banned my account for no reason.

Here you can see they suspended my 2 licenses based on false claims of "overdue on payment" ... (remember, I paid 2 licenses for 2 years)
https://prntscr.com/u2ms2q

Here's the payment confirmation for the first license valid until 27/06/2021
https://prntscr.com/u2mu5o

Here's the payment confirmation for the other license valid until 10/05/2021
https://prntscr.com/u2mv36

I usually don't write bad reviews but I strongly recommend to STAY AWAY from Syslint Technologies and cpnginx. This false claim of "overdue on payment" is literally a fraud. Syslint is a scam.

Comments

• xaocxaoc Member

Chargeback? ;)

• coldcold Member

well you dont buy from India... i mean i wouldnt buy...

Thanked by 1CConner
  • pkrpkr Member
    edited August 2020

The best place to lodge your grievance in India is the consumer court.
    If you are eligible for a refund, the consumer court will help you free.
    Here is the link: https://consumerhelpline.gov.in/

• How did you pay? Also worth noting you paid for 2 licenses at 1 year each, not 2 at 2 years each.

It sounds like the issues you had weren’t to do with Syslint anyway but more Nginx, Apache and Nginx are very different, for straight forward compatibility with Apache but better performance you need to look at LiteSpeed not Nginx.

• jhjh Member
    edited August 2020

@pkr said:

Bloody hell. In India, even government sites use unmodified Bootstrap, have crude stock photos edited in MS Paint, push crappy HTML5 mobile apps, have that unique blend of responsive and non-responsive components and are littered with grammatical errors.

• I can hear this song in my head when you say "India"

• @webtek said:
    Syslint stole my money, I paid 2 licenses for 2 years and they canceled both licenses a few weeks after the payment. So Syslint took my money and I have nothing because they canceled my licenses and banned my account for no reason.

In India/Pakistan/Bangladesh, services are canceled once you lodge a complain in fear of you doing a chargeback. Your money, well, that's gone. Learn from it and only pay with paypal on unknown sites. At least you can still get your money back.

If you paid using credit/debit cards, try checking if your bank can help to get the money back for you. They usually charge upto $15 here in Singapore for getting money back, up to $100 per transaction, but in most scam cases, they wont charge you anything.

@jh said:

@pkr said:

Bloody hell. In India, even government sites use unmodified Bootstrap, have crude stock photos edited in MS Paint, push crappy HTML5 mobile apps, have that unique blend of responsive and non-responsive components and are littered with grammatical errors.

Whats up with the scale/ruler marks on top? I thought they were measuring my browser...

• pkrpkr Member

@somik said:

In India/Pakistan/Bangladesh, services are canceled once you lodge a complain in fear of you doing a chargeback. Your money, well, that's gone. Learn from it and only pay with paypal on unknown sites. At least you can still get your money back.

You are wrong; your money is not gone in India if you file a genuine case at the consumer court. You need to just prove that you were charged for a bad product/service. Even very few Indians know about the consumer court and hence they feel like you that money is gone.
    I am not sure how does it work for people living outside India. However, calling India is extremely cheap, so he can call the support number of the consumer court. I just wanted to help the guy. If his case is genuine, Syslint may refund him more than what he paid :smiley: Since you are not paying even a penny for your case, there is no harm in trying.

I myself have 4 success stories. I just submitted my case and within a week got calls from service providers. One of my cases was against a big guy "Citi Bank", 1 against a hosting company, and 2 against small electronic shops. I had used consumer court about 10 years ago and I think it may have become more robust nowadays. Currently, I am not in India, so I have not tried it recently.

Thanked by 2ViridWeb vimalware
  • pkrpkr Member

@jh said:

@pkr said:

Bloody hell. In India, even government sites use unmodified Bootstrap,

Govt employees of India focus more on SM than on changing any code :blush:

have crude stock photos edited in MS Paint, push crappy HTML5 mobile apps,

Govt. department has a special deal with MS, so they still use Paint :wink:

have that unique blend of responsive and non-responsive components and are littered with grammatical errors.

English is not THE language for all countries. A large % of Indians check those websites in their own language. You should have tried one of those 20+ Indian languages for the correct grammar.
    Indians use English only in their offices. Even Google CEO "Sunder Pichai" watch only Tamil channels, MasterCard CEO "Ajaypal Singh Banga" watch only Hindi/Punjabi channels, and MS CEO "Satya Nadella" watch only Telugu channels at their homes :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanked by 3ViridWeb zenki webtek
  • lonealonea Member, Host Rep

Probably best for you to post your review on WHT. They try harder to advertise over there.

Thanked by 1webtek
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

English is not on official language in India (there are 20) because when the idea was proposed, Indians rioted and killed each other. So now it’s a secondary but nearly universal language, which means it doesn’t have requirements for quality use even though it’s more commonly spoken and used than many of the official 20. Because logic.

Thanked by 1M66B
  • Another lesson to learn is to avoid paying a year or more unless you are confident with the provider already ;)

• chipchip Member

I've got to say I used syslint some many moons ago for sone of their plugins and even server management and they where excellent..
    Maybe things have changed

• Hey, at least you should have checked the reviews before getting the services from them.

Am from Modern India. Nowadays most of people knew English & it is portrayed as common language.

We value & respect everyone's culture & tradition.

In your case, try to charge back using Paypal.

• @cold said: well you dont buy from India... i mean i wouldnt buy...

Thats cold

Thanked by 1BlaZe
  • How did you pay? Also worth noting you paid for 2 licenses at 1 year each, not 2 at 2 years each.

It sounds like the issues you had weren’t to do with Syslint anyway but more Nginx, Apache and Nginx are very different, for straight forward compatibility with Apache but better performance you need to look at LiteSpeed not Nginx.

Right, I paid 2 licenses for 1 year each, sorry. However the issues were directly related to cpnginx. The vhosts editor wasn't working prolerly, the changes were not updating. And the whole point of using cpnginx is to have a cpanel interface to edit settings like vhosts

@somik said: Learn from it and only pay with paypal on unknown sites. At least you can still get your money back.

I paid with PayPal but my dispute was declined. I have no idea why and this is very frustrating. I did send the same (unredacted) screenshots I posted here. Here is the reply from PayPal:
    "We have received a response from the merchant and we've also reviewed all the details of your case. Based on the merchant’s response and the information we have to date, we have to deny your case. This decision was made because your billing dispute doesn't match our qualification for a billing dispute."

@jonesolutions said: Another lesson to learn is to avoid paying a year or more unless you are confident with the provider already

Syslint doesn't accept monthly payments

• @webtek said:

How did you pay? Also worth noting you paid for 2 licenses at 1 year each, not 2 at 2 years each.

Right, I paid 2 licenses for 1 year each, sorry. However the issues were directly related to cpnginx. The vhosts editor wasn't working prolerly, the changes were not updating. And the whole point of using cpnginx is to have a cpanel interface to edit settings like vhosts

@somik said: Learn from it and only pay with paypal on unknown sites. At least you can still get your money back.

I paid with PayPal but my dispute was declined. I have no idea why and this is very frustrating. I did send the same (unredacted) screenshots I posted here. Here is the reply from PayPal:
    "We have received a response from the merchant and we've also reviewed all the details of your case. Based on the merchant’s response and the information we have to date, we have to deny your case. This decision was made because your billing dispute doesn't match our qualification for a billing dispute."

@jonesolutions said: Another lesson to learn is to avoid paying a year or more unless you are confident with the provider already

Syslint doesn't accept monthly payments

Sorry to hear that, i used a software called https://autom8n.com/ its open source now, back then i was paying $6 monthly for it, its very good if you just want to use the nginx + php fpm functionality, didnt use its other features, you can set application templates easily.

• webtekwebtek Member
    edited August 2020

We have now filed a formal claim against Syslint with the India Consumer Court. I will let you know how it goes.

Syslint is doxxing me, they replied to my review, accused me of "doing scam job" just because I open a Paypal dispute (WTF) and they publicly posted my personal name, address, city, e-mail, personal IP address, and IP addresses of my servers. They posted multiple screenshots of my order without redacting my personal data. The screenshots are hosted on Syslint.com domain, so they just did a HUGE mistake.

Under section 72A of the (Indian) Information Technology Act, 2000, disclosure of information, knowingly and intentionally, without the consent of the person concerned and in breach of the lawful contract has been also made punishable with imprisonment for a term extending to three years and fine extending to Rs 5,00,000 (approx. US$ 8,000).

Syslint broke the law twice. First they stole my money, and now they violated their own privacy policy and broke the law of India. This company is very shady.

• @webtek said:
    We have now filed a formal claim against Syslint with the India Consumer Court. I will let you know how it goes.

Syslint is doxxing me, they replied to my review, accused me of "doing scam job" just because I open a Paypal dispute (WTF) and they publicly posted my personal name, address, city, e-mail, personal IP address, and IP addresses of my servers. They posted multiple screenshots of my order without redacting my personal data. The screenshots are hosted on Syslint.com domain, so they just did a HUGE mistake.

Under section 72A of the (Indian) Information Technology Act, 2000, disclosure of information, knowingly and intentionally, without the consent of the person concerned and in breach of the lawful contract has been also made punishable with imprisonment for a term extending to three years and fine extending to Rs 5,00,000 (approx. US$ 8,000).

Syslint broke the law twice. First they stole my money, and now they violated their own privacy policy and broke the law of India. This company is very shady.

This is good. Let us know the result. I hope you got $8000.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@webtek said:

Yes this is the best approach

Yesterday Consumer Court order a restaurant to pay penalty of Rs. 200000 ($2710.94 approx) for charging a customer Rs. 10 ($0.135554) extra over MRP

Here's the full article

https://www.news18.com/news/buzz/mumbai-restaurant-to-pay-rs-2-lakh-in-penalty-for-overcharging-customer-rs-10-for-ice-cream-2824351.html

Thanked by 1webtek
  • Finally, drama!

Thanked by 1jh
  • @webtek said:

Nice. I hope you get your money back and some. Teach those assholes a lesson.

• hzrhzr Member

syslint on WHT are posting private information of other customers that have voiced support for the OP.

What a shitty excuse of a "company"

• :D they are trying to remove reviews of google my business from search results

cpnginx scam

Thanked by 1Ticaga
  • @hzr said:
    syslint on WHT are posting private information of other customers that have voiced support for the OP.

What a shitty excuse of a "company"

If I lived in country, that's when I'd start thinking of an office visit.

• coolicecoolice Member
    edited August 2020

I think they responded in WHT that when you opened dispute in paypal that set the inovice collection which triggers the auto terminate function in WHMCS