Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows 2016 for Hetzner CX41 VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows 2016 for Hetzner CX41 VPS

2»

Comments

• Just ran a quick offline analysis on the VIRTIO/Server2012R2Std.gz image. Looks to be clean with no malicious files included. No suspicious startup entries.

However there's a 1.2GiB page file within the image which I think can be removed to further reduce size.

Thanked by 1danielcardosopt
  • Win2012 without patches can be and will be hacked in few minutes with the "eternal blue" rdp hack ... There is tons of bot scanning for rdp machines

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • BTW I followed the tutorial to deploy windows 2019 on Hetzner cloud, it's working but every 60 sec or so ... the connection is freezing for few seconds and come back to normal
    It's on a fresh vm with nothing installed after windows update finished to update the vm, so cpu is close to zero ... I'm testing on CX41 (4cores, 16gb ram, nvme disk)
    I do have installed Virtio Drivers on Windows

Any idea?

• Did you tried to install the latest VirtIO drivers including the agent?

60 seconds is a low value to be easy to understand, but go to the control panel and on the power options change to maximum power, and on the advance options change turn off disk after to 0. Change the option from sleep to never.

• @danielcardosopt I do have the latest VirtIO Drivers, installed from the latest ISO mount from hetzner cloud. But I don't see any agent, how do you install it or check if it's running?

I tried to change the power to max power (this include turn off disk after 0, so never)
    ... same result :(

• @angelius said:
    ... same result :(

On the ISO with those drivers there’s an agent for you to install. You can see if it installed by running this on Powershell:

Get-Service QEMU-GA

But it shouldn’t cause this. Have you tried to make, for example a: ping -t google.com

And check for timeouts ?