Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beware of UpCloud Free Trial - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Beware of UpCloud Free Trial

2»

Comments

• xaocxaoc Member

How do you know you're not just receiving the shiny trial server that performs great and then get teh lame regular server after trial ends... A tad fishy this one as this seems like the only explanation as to why they have to destroy the trial servO.

• @danceswithpugs said:
    I'm searching for the correct word to describe the OP. They lay out a comedy of errors (all entirely self-inflicted) and expect LET is going to say/do/provide what exactly?

Imagine working for this type of individual. Think Michael Scott from The Office.

I have a mustache. Flip through the comedy central channels some more, I'm sure you can find me.

• If im not mistaken to keep the 50$ credits you need to fund your account with 10$ so when the trial ends you will not loose your active resources. Thats what i did with my upcloud account some time ago. It isn't enough just adding your card, you also need to fund the account.

• Just be glad you didn't go into a field where people's lives are on the line.

• verovero Member, Host Rep

One more thing about UpCloud - it's comparative advertising. While in US it's a common thing, in EU it's very unusual. Using such advertising is always one step away from getting sued. While shouting that your servers are better (cheaper, faster) than the ones from rivals, you have to compare exactly the same environments and service sets. Perhaps they are handling this situation well, but this also shows what they are ready for to get your pennies.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2020

I feel this is totally OP's fault.

Though you say that'd you would be completely fine for getting charged during the grace period but for majority this would create a chaos and more headache for UpCloud.

I used them since 2018 for a client of mine, their project got over just months back and everything was smooth. Had a little hiccups with the network getting down but it wasn't long or say noticeable :)

EDIT:
    If anyone wanna try out UpCloud, register via my aff link to get $25 as bonus credit (sorry for the shameless plug XD)

Thanked by 2chocolateshirt Pwner