Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Looking for Dedicated/VPS] 2TB HDD, 15TB BW
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Looking for Dedicated/VPS] 2TB HDD, 15TB BW

Looking for a Dedicated server or VPS for around $20.

8GB Ram
2TB HDD
15TB BW (just for room) Used to use close to 60TB a month, but now averaging around 10TB a month.

Just looking to see if anything other than OneProvider will be avalible for this price range. I don't need a huge fancy network etc. Just my sites have plumeted usage wise. Looking preferably for Europe, but can consider other locations.

Thanks!

Comments

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Increase your budget at least 5 or 10 dollar more and get a server from hetzner auction

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @ViridWeb said:
    Increase your budget at least 5 or 10 dollar more and get a server from hetzner auction

I should've stated, thats what I'm pulling out from is a old hetzner auction server.

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@HuntersPad said:

@ViridWeb said:

I should've stated, thats what I'm pulling out from is a old hetzner auction server.

Aah.. Then I would definitely recommend Nexusbytes Storage VPS from @seriesn
    They have very good plans which may fits within your budget.
    https://nexusbytes.com/kvm-storage-vps.html

But for 8GB RAM you have discus with them directly so maybe they can help you to find something

Thanked by 2seriesn HuntersPad
  • Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

If you're moving away from a Hetzner box does that mean providers using Hetzner are out of the question?

• @ViridWeb said:

@HuntersPad said:

@ViridWeb said:

Aah.. Then I would definitely recommend Nexusbytes Storage VPS from @seriesn
    They have very good plans which may fits within your budget.
    https://nexusbytes.com/kvm-storage-vps.html

But for 8GB RAM you have discus with them directly so maybe they can help you to find something

Thanks for the mention boss <3.

@HuntersPad we can do some form of Hybrid setup for you, if that works. Might be slightly above your budget though.

Thanked by 2ViridWeb HuntersPad
  • @seriesn I may have over "needed" 8GB of ram. Seems everything is running smoothly after a reboot and only using 1.5GB of Ram. Server was up for 406 days though haha.

Would you allow site use on a storage plan? I'd be running plesk and a simple download site mostly. Its mostly an archive for people to restore there phones. I barely make any money on it to pay the server bill anymore (reason for something cheaper), but still keep it going as it seems theres at least 9-10TB of BW a month of people that still use it.

How is the performance/ I/O on those plans? Thanks!

Gonna at least grab a storage for some backup though!

• @HuntersPad said:
    @seriesn I may have over "needed" 8GB of ram. Seems everything is running smoothly after a reboot and only using 1.5GB of Ram. Server was up for 406 days though haha.

Would you allow site use on a storage plan? I'd be running plesk and a simple download site mostly. Its mostly an archive for people to restore there phones. I barely make any money on it to pay the server bill anymore (reason for something cheaper), but still keep it going as it seems theres at least 9-10TB of BW a month of people that still use it.

How is the performance/ I/O on those plans? Thanks!

Gonna at least grab a storage for some backup though!

Hey Bud,
    I will be honest with you, these disk are almost always getting hammered. Which is cool for backup transferring. But loading website/running SQL query, etc would be a horrible experience for your end users.

• Thanks, Gonna grab a 500GB one for backups and do a little testing. I needed a backup anyway :D.

• HuntersPadHuntersPad Member
    edited August 2020

@seriesn Can I grab a larger one and give it a try? if it does not work out I'd be glad to take account credit.

The main large site for most of the files is pretty much a over glorified directory listing

Any specific location you'd recomend trying over another? Don't really have a prefrence as traffic is from all over.

Thanks again!

• @HuntersPad said:
    @seriesn Can I grab a larger one and give it a try? if it does not work out I'd be glad to take account credit.

The main large site for most of the files is pretty much a over glorified directory listing

Any specific location you'd recomend trying over another? Don't really have a prefrence as traffic is from all over.

Thanks again!

What’s up boss, totally. Location hmmm, wherever you think works for you. They all have the same build :).

Welcome to the family, thank you for trusting us <3

Thanked by 1HuntersPad