Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with access to IX peering vlans
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with access to IX peering vlans

Hi guys,

i am looking for a few different vps offers arround the world which have access to one or more Internet exchanges. I would like to advertise my AS via vps to IX for anycast ip services. Uplink speeds between 100M to 1G are welcome.

I already have some services to:

SBIX (Dus/Zur)
KleyRex
4IXP
LocIX
EVIX
BFD-IX

Do you know any other provider (or you can provide) which can offer something?

Thanks!

Comments

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

FreeRangeCloud offers VPSs with direct access to the Unmetered Exchange in Vancouver, Canada. Other than that, I would say there are not many options left, as what you want is rather unorthodox.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • hzrhzr Member

I don't understand what you're anycasting over a bunch of tunnels and virtual ix's

Thanked by 1greentea
  • I too am unsure exactly what you are looking to do with a tunnelled virtual IX anycast network but each to their own. Possibly explain your use case for a better answer?

I have never used these services but these are some other IX's that can be accessed via VPS:
    NL-ix - https://vps66.cloud/cart.php?gid=1 (also KleyReX (100M) or LocIX (1G) but you have them already)
    SwissIX and DE-CIX - https://www.securebit.ch/server/internet_exchange (also SBIX and 4IXP that you already have)

• @hzr said:
    I don't understand what you're anycasting over a bunch of tunnels and virtual ix's

2 of those are not Virtual IX'es.
    But for the rest, yeah.

• vm_jevm_je Member
    edited August 2020

@hzr said:

It's quite easy: I using my own AS to advertise my prefixes to a bunch of IXs and providers. Same prefix set is advertised to all providers. This allows a realy short AS path to users with low latency or "free" traffic exchange instead of using transit providers. Edge VMs for virtual IXs are also placed somewhere in the same data center -> short path. Workload are hosted very close where the IX is running.

IX VMs are often quite cheap instead of getting a direct member because IX partners can resell a single link to different clients. So, costs for cross-connects and membership can be forwarded to a set of users.

I'm using colocation or dedicated servers with cross-connects where no reseller exist (e.g. SpeedIX).

@RickBakkr said: FreeRangeCloud offers VPSs with direct access to the Unmetered Exchange in Vancouver, Canada. Other than that, I would say there are not many options left, as what you want is rather unorthodox.

>

It's only my list, thank you!

Thanked by 1greentea
  • hwthwt Member

Not too sure what you want to achieve, but one thing I learnt is that there is a difference between IP transit and peering. You might want to check out whether your IP prefixes are actually getting to the DFZ with your peerings.

Also, what I found is that IP transit providers are cheaper than some of the IX VPS.

• vserversitevserversite Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2020

Edir: Sorry, read your message wrong

• @vserversite said:
    Edir: Sorry, read your message wrong

I already have a KleyRex/LocIX Server with you. Great Services!

Thanked by 1vserversite