Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MailChannels alternative
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MailChannels alternative

Are there any cheap alternatives to MailChannels when it comes to reliable mail delivery?

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Nothing but MXroute.

Thanked by 2jar BlaZe
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I've heard tell that MXroute is prem.

Thanked by 1jar
  • Are you guys paid shills? :D

• @thedp said:
    Nothing but MXroute.

Is it comparable to MailChannels? We have really enjoyed MailChannels so far but are always willing to try something new!

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Amplificator said:
    Are you guys paid shills? :D

No, just extremely happy customers :joy:

• I've used mxroute for my personal emails before, but I can't find any relay pricing on the website though.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2020

Technically no reason MXroute can't relay, but good to understand the differences. Let's say you signed up and created "[email protected]" as an email address in our DirectAdmin. You could follow this guide:

https://mailchannels.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/200262710-Setting-up-for-cPanel

And where you see this:

client_send = : MailChannelsUsername : MailChannelsPassword

You'd set:

client_send = : [email protected] : yourpassword

Just like MailChannels puts your MailChannelsUsername in the headers, so too would ours put [email protected] in the X-Auth-User header so we would know who sent spam when receiving complaints. It wouldn't set the From header to that though.

It'd be subject to a 7200 per day limit. Keep in mind that if an account on your server started sending spam and I beat you to resolving it, the only resolution I'd have is to halt mail through [email protected], I couldn't just block the spammer as they could spoof From headers as much as they desire.

Also be careful of things like CSF/LFD emails. You want to disable those. Root cron notifications as well, if relevant. Those add up fast and often send from invalid senders.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Amplificator said: Are you guys paid shills?

Yes. I retired on my MXroute promo payments. I'm posting this from Bora Bora. Normally I don't reply to these kind of threads any more but my yacht is in for service to have the racquetball courts resurfaced, so I'm just chilling here in bed with Scarlett Johansson. She says hello to all LET readers, btw.

• Since MXRoute isn't a dedicated mail relay, you should also consider SpamWall. The pricing is pretty decent for their outbound filtering service.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jar said:
    It'd be subject to a 7200 per day limit. Keep in mind that if an account on your server started sending spam and I beat you to resolving it, the only resolution I'd have is to halt mail through [email protected], I couldn't just block the spammer as they could spoof From headers as much as they desire.

is 7200/day limit per mxroute account or per mail user account (eg [email protected])?

@laoban said: is 7200/day limit per mxroute account or per mail user account (eg [email protected])?

Per email address, but I do ask that other accounts not be created for the sole purpose of extending it.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

@jar This looks interesting as I have been setting up each email account on mxroute..... but if we can relay like MailChannels that’s easier.... :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jar said:
    Per email address, but I do ask that other accounts not be created for the sole purpose of extending it.

So, for mail relay, it means per mxroute account.

@laoban said: So, for mail relay, it means per mxroute account.

If a single server, suppose so. Making another email per server makes sense though.

• Try saferoute
    https://spamwall.com/mailchannels_alternative.html

We use saferoute and mailchannels for our relay.

• +1 mxroute

• i try elasticemail for my client sending email for my app, and it's great performance ;)

• mxroute prem is.

Thanked by 1jar
  • TSPTSP Member
    edited February 2023

@jar said: Technically no reason MXroute can't relay, but good to understand the differences. Let's say you signed up and created "[email protected]" as an email address in our DirectAdmin. You could follow this guide:

Hi @jar Can we set this ([email protected]) per cPanel / DA / Webuzo for selected clients and not for all on the server ?

Also if clients buys a MXroute service individually / directly can they add it directly from their control panel ? We can help them buy the account and set it up if required.

Awaiting reply...Thanks

• @TSP said:

@jar said: Technically no reason MXroute can't relay, but good to understand the differences. Let's say you signed up and created "[email protected]" as an email address in our DirectAdmin. You could follow this guide:

Hi @jar Can we set this ([email protected]) per cPanel / DA / Webuzo for selected clients and not for all on the server ?

Also if clients buys a MXroute service individually / directly can they add it directly from their control panel ? We can help them buy the account and set it up if required.

Awaiting reply...Thanks

Don't do necro posting. I'd suggest reaching out to MXRoute's sales contact and ask this question.

Cheers.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@TSP said: Awaiting reply...Thanks

Necro post, warning given.

• @TSP said: Awaiting reply...Thanks

Please don't necropost...Thanks

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.