Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does hetzner not accept orders from India? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does hetzner not accept orders from India?

13»

Comments

• I have 1 dedi from hetzner more than year now, it works seamlessly no issues at all and got it in very cheap.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited August 2020

@evnix said:

the Indian government is just too strict with it's parameters and a lot of the international payment gateways aren't compatible with it.

Stripe for example- also Paypal. They have stopped the 6 digit One Time password before the transaction completes. Then the transaction gets flagged in t

@prakashmaster247 said:

@vyas11 said:
    OP Joined on August 16, ranted, went away.
    s/he probably is not aware of Google for Nonprofits
    https://ngobox.org/detail_resources_Everything-that-You-want-to-Know-About-Google-for-Nonprofits-in-India_10

@evnix said:

the Indian government is just too strict with it's parameters and a lot of the international payment gateways aren't compatible with it.

Stripe for example does not use the 6 digit One Time password before the transaction completes- as required in India. Then the transaction gets flagged with the credit card provider, sometimes you have to manually verify the transaction.

Painful, but I would still use Paypal. With the killer fees, PayPal tax and all.
    Why? Because some providers
    have started offering payment via PayTm and Net Banking. Some use a payment processor called Payssion, who stores (to my knowledge illegally) individual's Tax ID information. GST ID for business might be okay, Income Tax ID is not.

I would avoid any providers who uses Payssion (and do not have PayPal option)

I have worked for an identity verification service for banks in past. People simply don't know how much information is collected from them and analysed harmlessly. I am aware about all things internet brother. Here since past 25 yrs.

I am sorry I missed the point you were trying to make. But I sense you have seen some things that will make quite a conversation.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

@prakashmaster247 - I am sorry that you feel unfairly treated. I can understand how frustrating it is that we don't tell you specificall why we reject accounts. We used to do this before I worked at Hetzner. (I didn't change this process. It just happened around the same time.) We would tell people things like, "Oh, this telephone number doesn't match your country," etc. And the customer would fix the problem and we'd approve the account. Occassionly, maybe 1-5 times out of a hundred, with this accounts, nothing would happen later -- there wouldn't be any abuse reports and it was clear that the customer was legitimate. But most of the time, within days, there would be abuse reports for that customer. This would happen 95-99 times out of a hundred.

We at Hetzenr don't just have to be careful about preventing server abuse like spamming and attacks. People will also try to set up fake accounts using stolen identities and credit cards, etc. And we have a responsibility to prevent this kind of fraud as well. (All online companies should try to prevent this kind of fraud, too.)

A server in the wrong hands can be really destructive. It's bad enough when the customer has abuse issues because they don't know enough about IT security to properly administer a server. It's much worse if the server is being abused by someone who knows what they are doing. So, although I laughed at the video with the cafe, I don't really feel like it's a fair metaphor for us. None of the baked goods were potentially dangerous. And the cafe's customers all seemed to be paying with cash, which was likely not stolen. In addition, the only price differences we have are due to taxes that we are required to adhere to by law.

Our old authentication system (where we told people why they were rejected) didn't work well. That's why our Sales team made a decision several years ago to be non-transparent on purpose. And we saw a drop in abuse, so we feel that it was the correct decision.

But I've been rejected for accounts for online stores and services, too. I know it's not fun. Rejection never is. And for that, I'm sorry. I hope you can find someone who can provide the services you need. --Katie

Thanked by 1Falzo