Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need VPS(/Dedicated) for Minecraft
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need VPS(/Dedicated) for Minecraft

Hi, I'm looking to host a Minecraft network (multiple gameservers, with Docker). Most of my players would be located in The Netherlands, so that location is preferred. Of course I also need a good CPU, fast storage and good DDoS protection. I think I need about 4-6 fast cores, 12-24GB RAM and >60GB of storage. I need a VPS or dedicated server, because "normal" Minecraft hosting won't fit my needs for scaling.

What would be a good company to host this at? My budget is about 20 euro/month max, but I'd like to see it turn out lower.

Comments

• mhosting_inmhosting_in Member
    edited August 2020

worldstream in Netherland but you need to increase your budget.

• @mhosting_in said:
    worldstream in Netherland but you need to increase the budget.

Another country that's close is not a big deal, if you stay in Europe :)

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

I can meet that requirements easy. Also im sure that bunch of others can.
    Just not for that budget.
    Atleast not for a Dedicated Server. :smile:
    Would increase budget :smile:

• php-friends.de

• TejyTejy Member

With this budget, go for Dyjix.eu
    (https://dyjix.eu/panel/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0&language=english)

32 GB RAM
    8 vCore
    200GB HDD
    250Mbps bandwidth

For €12.99/month

• mhosting_inmhosting_in Member
    edited August 2020

@jensjeflensje said:

@mhosting_in said:
    worldstream in Netherland but you need to increase the budget.

Another country that's close is not a big deal, if you stay in Europe :)

hetzner dedicated server auction & their services cloud also provides in Netherland & Finland.
    for gaming NVMe SSD only you must choose.
    if go with SATA HDD then wordstream in your budget also but NVMe Recommended for gamming.

• hostworldhostworld Member, Host Rep

@jensjeflensje said:
    Hi, I'm looking to host a Minecraft network (multiple gameservers, with Docker). Most of my players would be located in The Netherlands, so that location is preferred. Of course I also need a good CPU, fast storage and good DDoS protection. I think I need about 4-6 fast cores, 12-24GB RAM and >60GB of storage. I need a VPS or dedicated server, because "normal" Minecraft hosting won't fit my needs for scaling.

What would be a good company to host this at? My budget is about 20 euro/month max, but I'd like to see it turn out lower.

Hey

We can offer you the following VPS in our DDoS protected UK data centre.

6x vCPU cores (2.6Ghz)
    12GB RAM
    200GB NVMe Storage
    1x IPv4 and as many IPv6 as you want
    600GB of FREE backups
    £19.99 per month

This would be a bespoke package. If you're interested please register at https://portal.hostworld.uk and then PM us on here with your email address so we can get the bespoke order raised.
    If you want to discuss further or tweak the above, please send us a message too :)

If you have any queries please let us know.

• SoftShellWebSoftShellWeb Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2020

Hey,

We can offer the following KVM VPS in Wormer, Netherlands and San Jose, USA:

4x CPU 2.6Ghz(EU) / 2.4Ghz(USA)
    12 GB RAM
    60 GB SSD
    1 IPv4 and /64 IPv6
    15 TB @ 1 Gbps (connection speed is limited to 100Mbit when bandwidth exceeded)
    In-house DDoS Protection
    $25/month

Network test:
    San Jose, California, USA: sj-test.softshellhosting.com
    Wormer, Netherlands, EU: ams-test.softshellhosting.com

Drop us a ticket if interested. B)

• Your budget is on the low side (gierige Hollanders) and it probably won't get any lower.

If I were you I'd drop @MikeA a line. Very respectable provider and specialized in Minecraft. Servers are in the UK or France and DDOS protection is good.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@jensjeflensje said:

Hi please give us a try we can surely help you :)

• AvoroAvoro Member, Host Rep

Hi,

we can offer our NVMe vServer M

4 dedicated cores
    16 GB RAM
    80 GB NVMe-SSD
    20 TB Traffic

Location is Germany

For 18 EUR per month incl. VAT.

Thanked by 1Abd
  • Ian_Dot_TechIan_Dot_Tech Member, Patron Provider

Ensure prior to going with any provider that the CPU they are using has a high single thread rating. Ask them for the CPU their server is running and look up the rating on this site: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/ anything over a 1550 rating should work.
    CPU is VERY important regarding Minecraft, I believe it may be hard to find a really good CPU VPS within your budget however, I wish you the best of luck.
    Additionally, make sure the cores for the VPS are dedicated to you, not shared across multiple users.

• @Ian_Dot_Tech said:
    Ensure prior to going with any provider that the CPU they are using has a high single thread rating.

This is very important. I see Avoro here and PHP-Friends recommenced. These are both very good providers, however they tend to go for a high core number and relatively low clockspeed. You’d be better of with a 3GHz+ cpu.

Thanked by 1Ian_Dot_Tech
  • AbdAbd Member, Patron Provider

I hope you got what you looking for if not, we use AMD EPYC CPU's & NVMe SSD's.
    We are new here & can probably do something under your budget.

4 x AMD EPYC 7302p [email protected] (fair use)
    80GB NVMe RAID-10 Disk Space
    12GB ECC DDR4 RAM
    12TB Transfer p/Month @ 1gbit
    1XIPv4 & Unlimited IPv6
    Amsterdam, NL (http://ams.lg.webhorizon.in)
    £19/mo. recurring for you.
    Apart from Monthly payments, I can offer a 24-48 hours money-back guarantee so you can see if it works out for you!
    Please ping me if interested or need to customize anything.

Regards,
    Abdullah

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2020

You should get a dedicated server, because if you have problems with a normal MC host, you will probably have more problems on a VPS unless you have 2+ dedicated cores on a modern CPU.

• @Vova1234 / abcvg.net :)

• @MikeA said:
    You should get a dedicated server, because if you have problems with a normal MC host, you will probably have more problems on a VPS unless you have 2+ dedicated cores on a modern CPU.

Might want to try a Hetzner auction server in that case @jensjeflensje. Your budget kind of fits.

• @exception0x876 has a server in the Netherlands

8 Core
    32 GB RAM
    100 GB SSD

15.99$ -https://www.wishosting.com/order/config/index/VPS/?group_id=2&pricing_id=112

I think it would be perfect for you.

Thanked by 1exception0x876
  • @debaser said:

@MikeA said:

Might want to try a Hetzner auction server in that case @jensjeflensje. Your budget kind of fits.

That seems like a good option. Is their ddos protection any good?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Tejy said:

32 GB RAM
    8 vCore
    200GB HDD
    250Mbps bandwidth

For €12.99/month

The OP need to add €300.00 EUR Monthly for
    Anti-DDoS protection with that provider.

• TejyTejy Member

@WebProject said:

@Tejy said:

32 GB RAM
    8 vCore
    200GB HDD
    250Mbps bandwidth

For €12.99/month

What do you mean by OP?

• debaserdebaser Member
    edited August 2020

@jensjeflensje said:

@debaser said:

@MikeA said:

That seems like a good option. Is their ddos protection any good?

I luckily never had it tested, but they use Arbour so it should be sufficient.

SoYouStart Game server might be of interest as well, bit more expensive but very good DDOS-protection: https://www.soyoustart.com/ie/offers/1801sysgame04.xml

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2020

@Tejy said:

@WebProject said:

@Tejy said:

32 GB RAM
    8 vCore
    200GB HDD
    250Mbps bandwidth

For €12.99/month

What do you mean by OP?

You recommend the provide which charge extra for DDOS protection as OP has limited budget and required DDOS protection I don’t think your recommendation is great as your recommended provider charge €300.00 EUR per month for protection and clearly shown at the checkout process.

Edited: Now the checkout process changed, so option is visible for dedicated servers.

• TejyTejy Member

@WebProject said:

@Tejy said:

@WebProject said:

@Tejy said:

32 GB RAM
    8 vCore
    200GB HDD
    250Mbps bandwidth

For €12.99/month

What do you mean by OP?

You recommend the provide which charge extra for DDOS protection as OP has limited budget and required DDOS protection I don’t think your recommendation is great as your recommended provider charge €300.00 EUR per month for protection and clearly shown at the checkout process.

Edited: Now the checkout process changed, so option is visible for dedicated servers.

Protection is already available on VPS.
    Only Dyjix dedicated aren't protected by default!

• A lot of servers use https://tcpshield.com/ for DDoS protection