Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server or IP access solution with direct connectivity to Mainland China
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server or IP access solution with direct connectivity to Mainland China

Hello,

I'm Looking for a server or IP access solution with direct connectivity to Mainland China - China Telecom CN2 AS4809, China Unicom (Global) AS10099 / AS4837, China Mobile (International) AS48453 / AS9808.

This would be used by corporate users on the US East Coast to accessing resources / applications within Mainland China with lower latency and lower or no packet loss as compared to we can get on the current office ISPs - Verizon FiOS and Comcast Xfinity.

The server or access solution can be located anywhere worldwide with good connectivity from AS701 and AS7922 (ISPs used at the office).

This would not use used by any users in Mainland China. It would be used by corporate users in the US to access Mainland China, which is the opposite of what most requests are looking for.

If a server to run a VPN solution on, looking for 2-4 cores, 20 GB storage, 4-8 GB RAM. Looking for bandwidth 10 to 20 Mbps. Willing to pay up to $500-$700/month for a solution that's stable and works.

Comments

• QuadraNet has their Asia Optimized blend available containing those exact three carriers on their Infracloud VPS product, and much cheaper than $500/mo. Although it is on the west coast in Los Angeles.

• @techhelper1 said:
    QuadraNet has their Asia Optimized blend available containing those exact three carriers on their Infracloud VPS product, and much cheaper than $500/mo. Although it is on the west coast in Los Angeles.

Would still be better than what they have if the connection between Quadranet and their ISP's is good as well. Although 'Asia optimized' mostly means 'rest of the world deoptimized' because nobody outside China (so not really Asia either) uses the Chinese networks.

• I am in china, DO NOT use QuadraNet, His optimization is very bad in China Telecom's connection. OP needs to find some CN2 GIA.

If you use VPN, always be prepared to be blocked IP.

• 0xbkt0xbkt Member
    edited August 2020

@appcomq Why is China like that? I sort of know about the GFW and heavy censorship thing, that's all.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@gateui said: with lower latency and lower or no packet loss as compared to we can get on the current office ISPs

Could you tell us your current baseline (latency/RTT, jitter, packet loss)?
    This would make it easier to compare available options.

• VitalyVitaly Member, Host Rep

you can test our Dataline subnets.
    5 free ip changes
    in theory, reached to CN2 route.
    http://lg.justhost.ru/-您可以在此處測試延遲 can check datacenter network here

• @0xbkt said:
    @appcomq Why is China like that? I sort of know about the GFW and heavy censorship thing, that's all.

All encrypted traffic, if connected frequently, will be blocked. The firewall is two-way, prohibiting Chinese people from accessing the outside world, and also prohibiting the outside world from accessing China. VPN IPs are constantly being blocked, and users need to keep changing.

If you use a common VPN program(Like: openVPN, PPTP L2TP Tor.. etc), it will soon be blocked.

shadowsocks and V2ray It will be more hidden, which is why the shadowsocks service provided by BandwagonHost is very popular.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • Linode, Vultr and DO, very popular in China, although they are not fast.

Just because they can change IP at any time.

• V2Ray is the only correct option.

• Maybe something called AirPort can work, means a provider which is providing VPN to connect China and the world also there's CN2 GIA. Try ping 2a0f:9400:7a06:: and 2a0f:9400:7a07:: , they're in China, which I bridge the traffic from world to China via CN2 / AirPort
    By the way, WireGuard is not blocked in China now and has a very stable connection.

• I also have some performance test can show you. This two tunnels are built with CN2.
    First two are Frankfurt <-> Guangzhou, second two are LasVegas <-> Changsha, iperf is from world upload to China.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Zenlayer and CeRaNetworks might be a good fit, I believe both have a strong network for that region (including GIA). Though it's probably best to understand and watch for those offering "GIA" to cancel it soon. Difficult to upgrade, limited capacity, costly, and more. Keep an eye on that.

As for QuadraNet - that could be an option too, they do have the carriers the OP is after and also have two segregated networks, their normal blend, and their Asian Optimized blend, allowing them to adjust routes without affecting their entire customer base.

If you happen to be in the market for a VPS, with a decent network (a lot of customers from that region enjoy our network performance, especially for the price look into our DC-02 offerings). http://lg-lax02.racknerd.com/

Feel free to reach out [email protected]

• From both AS701 and AS7922:

CM latency is 310 - 375 ms and packet loss is 20 - 40% depending on time of day and direction of route. Sometimes CM is routed through San Jose California, sometimes through London, UK.

CU latency is 350 - 420 ms with packet loss 10 - 30% depending on time of day.

CT latency is 240 - 250 ms packet loss is 5 - 20% depending on time of day.

The latency isn't bad for CT, the packet loss is what isn’t good. CU and CM generally aren't very good.

I was not planning on running a VPN into China, I want to have good access to applications / cloud services inside Mainland China though. All these applications currently work in the US, but not very well.

Applications include:
    Onedrive & Office365 by 21Vianet
    Zhumu (China licensed / localized Zoom)
    Webex by ketianyun.com
    Bizconf (China licensed / localized Zoom)

@dfroe said:

@gateui said: with lower latency and lower or no packet loss as compared to we can get on the current office ISPs

Could you tell us your current baseline (latency/RTT, jitter, packet loss)?
    This would make it easier to compare available options.

• @hertz said:
    Maybe something called AirPort can work, means a provider which is providing VPN to connect China and the world also there's CN2 GIA. Try ping 2a0f:9400:7a06:: and 2a0f:9400:7a07:: , they're in China, which I bridge the traffic from world to China via CN2 / AirPort
    By the way, WireGuard is not blocked in China now and has a very stable connection.

Do you have IPv4 addresses I could check? Verizon FiOS / AS701 doesn't provide IPv6 to businesses using static IP addresses.

• @gateui said:

@hertz said:
    Maybe something called AirPort can work, means a provider which is providing VPN to connect China and the world also there's CN2 GIA. Try ping 2a0f:9400:7a06:: and 2a0f:9400:7a07:: , they're in China, which I bridge the traffic from world to China via CN2 / AirPort

Do you have IPv4 addresses I could check? Verizon FiOS / AS701 doesn't provide IPv6 to businesses using static IP addresses.

There's none, I can't afford IPv4, too expensive.

• Here’s one that has a 3-day free trial https://www.dataplugs.com/en/product/3-day-trial/

• Given your very high budget, it might be possible for you to get a server inside China with CN2 instead, this would likely be the most difficult to set up.