Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

req: Mac Mini Colo, UK
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

req: Mac Mini Colo, UK

Hi,

Looking to colocate a mac mini in the UK. I'm aware of the usual offerings, but looking for something low end.

Need:
/29 v4 and /56 (ideally /48) v6
remote power cycle
access to a (compatible) KVM in an emergency
200GB or so BW. Generally will use less, might occasionaly go over
Provider happy with mail hosting (low volume, personal mail - no commercial / spam / lists)

Would like to pay under £30/month, but that's flexible depending on offer. Happy to discuss terms - eg upfront payment to established providers.

Offers / recommenations welcome.

Comments

• jhjh Member

Have you measured the power draw?

We don't normally do colo but we might be able to help. We're primarily a software development company, established in 2013, with rack space in LDeX2 in Manchester. Subject to power draw we can meet all of your requirements except the KVM. The £30pm would exclude VAT. We use an ATS PDU so you'd get A+B power with your single PSU.

• Thanks for the offer, @jh. The lack of a KVM would be a concern - obviously there's no IPMI and these things aren't designed for remote operation, but I'll bear it in mind - Manchester isn't too far from me.

For info the power draw is quoted as 85W max continuous by Apple, but I'm having trouble getting it to draw more than 50W, so I'd say 0.3A would be a sensible figure(?).