Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help for delist IP on dronebl.org
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help for delist IP on dronebl.org

I got some IP blocks from DC, and some IPs are listed at https://dronebl.org (listed in 2017)
It's been 15 days since I requested the removal, and now just view this msg: pending removal

Does anyone know how to proceed?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited August 2020

Never heard of them. Are you sure that’s worth your time? If no one of value uses them to block traffic, I’d just ignore it and move on.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Probably has something to do with IRC.

• @jar said:
    Never heard of them. Are you sure that’s worth your time? If no one of value uses them to block traffic, I’d just ignore it and move on.

The problem is that I release these IPs in VPS, and you know how clients are, they want IPs totally clean

• @thedp said:

I didn't understand what you meant by "Probably has something to do with IRC"

@juniorrrrr said:

@thedp said:

I didn't understand what you meant by "Probably has something to do with IRC"

How are your clients affected by the IP being listed on DroneBL? AFAIK, only IRC networks checks and use DroneBL.

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

There used to be a few pay to be dlisted DNSBLs. Largely only used by those who would add any DNSBL that they found. Perhaps another of those?

These days everyone I know has delegated spam filtering responsibilities to cloud service providers (google, microsoft, etc) so who cares about some random DNSBL?

Spamhaus is (unfortunately) the only one that really matters. Google and Microsoft both maintain their own reputation score databases that are non-public.

edited August 2020

@juniorrrrr said:

@jar said:

The problem is that I release these IPs in VPS, and you know how clients are, they want IPs totally clean

If I can offer a different avenue of thought, you should consider breaking them of that or letting them go. If tomorrow I started a blacklist and listed every IP that exists and charged $500 for removal, would you go bankrupt for an unseen cosmetic purpose to please your clients?

Tell your clients that anyone can make a blacklist, but not anyone is worth paying attention to just because they did it. It’s like me scribbling “Your customer is bad” on my bathroom wall. Why are they knocking on my door to beg me to take it down, if no one even visits my house? It’s a trained behavior that needs to be trained a bit better, and many of us are guilty of training that behavior over the years.

• juniorrrrrjuniorrrrr Member
    edited August 2020

I understood everyone's placement, the problem is that here in Brazil, if you deliver a VPS with a listed IP, the user goes there at https://mxtoolbox.com/ in check blacklist and see this:

This here in Brazil is reason for cancellation, refund and others ....

My intention would be to remove the IPs, I have 16 IPs listed.

@SplitIce said:
    There used to be a few pay to be dlisted DNSBLs. Largely only used by those who would add any DNSBL that they found. Perhaps another of those?

These days everyone I know has delegated spam filtering responsibilities to cloud service providers (google, microsoft, etc) so who cares about some random DNSBL?

Spamhaus is (unfortunately) the only one that really matters. Google and Microsoft both maintain their own reputation score databases that are non-public.

Here in Brazil, I see everything, servers refusing e-mail because the IP is "unconfigured in https://spfbl.net/" :s

@jar said: If I can offer a different avenue of thought, you should consider breaking them of that or letting them go. If tomorrow I started a blacklist and listed every IP that exists and charged $500 for removal, would you go bankrupt for an unseen cosmetic purpose to please your clients?

Can I buy shares?

Thanked by 3jar wdmg ViridWeb

@juniorrrrr said: Here in Brazil, I see everything, servers refusing e-mail because the IP is "unconfigured in matrix.spfbl.net"

Of course my experience is regional. Australia specific (perhaps "developed country" specific).

I remember the time mxtoolbox added an RBL that returned a blacklisted code for every IP that went through it. They removed it when called out but never acknowledged it. For years I’ve accused them of being in the business of creating the image of problems to justify continued traffic to their website, if not to their paid services.

Thanked by 1wdmg

@jar said:
    I remember the time mxtoolbox added an RBL that returned a blacklisted code for every IP that went through it. They removed it when called out but never acknowledged it. For years I’ve accused them of being in the business of creating the image of problems to justify continued traffic to their website, if not to their paid services.

Sneaky buggers.

Thanked by 1jar
  • LeviLevi Member

Pay to be delisted DNSBLs are are called shitlists and are ignored by 99.9% of SPAM filters.

Thanked by 2jackb V_T
  • When a block list is no longer timely accurate, it ceases to be useful. That's why the biggies have pretty straight-forward procedure for removing IPs from their list. It's in their best interest. I'd not pay to have IPs removed from any block list.

Thanked by 1jar
  • I think there are seldom cases where it is justified to pay for being removed from an IP blacklist. In most of these cases, as long as you can prove ownership of the IPs and show that either the spamming issue has been resolved or the IP has been inactive for an extensive period of time since it was initially reported, then you should be able to go through a process of getting removed from the blacklist at no charge.

The way I see it, most of these IP blacklists that operate under a fee to clear your name are just extorting providers since they know that clients are less likely to touch an IP address that has been on a blacklist, whether or not they plan on sending out emails from the IP.

If you're a recurring pain in the butt and constantly sending out spam while not doing much to stop it, I can see the point of paying a fee, but it's a very specific case to justify it.

Thanked by 1jar

@Pwner said:
    I think there are seldom cases where it is justified to pay for being removed from an IP blacklist. In most of these cases, as long as you can prove ownership of the IPs and show that either the spamming issue has been resolved or the IP has been inactive for an extensive period of time since it was initially reported, then you should be able to go through a process of getting removed from the blacklist at no charge.

The way I see it, most of these IP blacklists that operate under a fee to clear your name are just extorting providers since they know that clients are less likely to touch an IP address that has been on a blacklist, whether or not they plan on sending out emails from the IP.

If you're a recurring pain in the butt and constantly sending out spam while not doing much to stop it, I can see the point of paying a fee, but it's a very specific case to justify it.

Put it in a business plan, cut in mxtoolbox on the extortion fees to include it in their checks, profit.

Thanked by 1Pwner