Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is it possible?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How is it possible?

Comments

• nbnnbn Member

Its not.

• I thought the question was going to be how is it possible that people still come up with such dumb generic thread titles.

• jlayjlay Member
    edited August 2020

Not likely with that hardware, but generically absurd clock speeds like this can be done with the right equipment (and no care for longevity or stability)

Keep temperatures as close to 0 as you can (to make superconductors) and pump more voltage. Usually dry ice or liquid nitrogen, a lot of insulation, and patience

Thanked by 1comXyz
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@nbn said:
    Its not.

Physics says you lied.

• I remember when someone got a Pentium 4 to 8GHz.

Going to guess that the "macmini" is a hackintosh of some sort, maybe even a VM.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

I occasionally saw something like that in some weirdo benchmarks that just add up the cores. So, if you have e.g. 4 cores at 2.1 GHz they present that as "8.4 GHz".

• @jsg said:
    I occasionally saw something like that in some weirdo benchmarks that just add up the cores. So, if you have e.g. 4 cores at 2.1 GHz they present that as "8.4 GHz".

No, the benchmark result makes me think it seems to be a real overclock.
    The special thing here is the CPU is an "U" series of Intel, of which the multiplier is not opened. It's really an impressive benchmark.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited August 2020

@levnode said:
    No, the benchmark result makes me think it seems to be a real overclock.
    The special thing here is the CPU is an "U" series of Intel, of which the multiplier is not opened. It's really an impressive benchmark.

• We are talking about a Macmini 8.1. Have a look at that thingy
    • We are talking about a Core i7-8559U with a base frequency of 2.7 GHz and a max turbo frequency of 4.5 GHz
    • We are talking about a benchmark that doesn't run for just a couple microseconds, so 8.46GHz would equate to about 3 fold overclocking. I doubt that's feasible.

But I'm anyway not particularly interested in that, neither in apple stuff nor in overclocking. I merely tried to help by offering a possible explanation.

• nbnnbn Member

@Neoon said:

@nbn said:
    Its not.

Physics says you lied.

Yeah cause this is totall a mac mini. And totally 8.5ghz not 7.

• nbnnbn Member

@nbn said:

@Neoon said:

@nbn said:
    Its not.

Physics says you lied.

Yeah cause this is totally a mac mini. And totally 8.5ghz not 7.