Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help run openlitespeed on Ipv6 start
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help run openlitespeed on Ipv6 start

I need help.
I read that openlitespeed is way faster than nginx and because of that I am trying to run opelitespeed on a NAT VPS. Installation was okay but then I encountered a problem. How can I access the admin panel?

How can I make openlitespeed run and listen on Ipv6 natively?
I am fine doing it manually but I cannot find where config file to modify to make this happen.

does anyone have idea how to make this work?

Comments

• I don't have an IPv6 VPS to test with, but I think editing /usr/local/lsws/admin/conf/admin_config.conf and change that *:7080 to [ANY]:7080 then restart lsws would allow you to access the admin panel through IPv6.

• @dedicados
    Thanks. It helps.

Another thing. I tried opening admin.example.com:8443 and I get a weird response it seems a cloudflare problem but It might be mine.

Cloudflare says:

400 Bad Request
    The plain HTTP request was sent to HTTPS port
    cloudflare

Is there a way I can turn off the SSL on admin side? I am using cloudflare anyway.

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • @jeorlie said: Is there a way I can turn off the SSL on admin side?

Yes, just log into admin panel, and navigate to WebAdmin Settings - Listener - adminListener > General, change Secure option from Yes to No, then restart lsws.

Thanked by 1team_traitor
  • team_traitorteam_traitor Member
    edited August 2020

@dedipromo Is there a manual config for that I can change?

I am using cloudflare and since cloudflare allows 8443 port I change the OLSWS admin port number to 8443 which I believe is working well.

The problem now is that when I try opening my sub.example.com:8443 cloudflare response is

400 Bad Request
    The plain HTTP request was sent to HTTPS port
    cloudflare

which is why I want to try running the admin web panel in a none secure proto.

This is my new admin settings now.

listener adminListener{
      address               [ANY]:8443
      secure                0
      map                   *
    }

• It is working now @dedipromo the fault is in my cloudflares config. Thanks.

Thanked by 1dedipromo