Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

X4B Remote DDoS Mitigation | Brazil Launch | 30% off for new customers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

X4B Remote DDoS Mitigation | Brazil Launch | 30% off for new customers

SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
edited July 2020 in Offers

X4B DDoS Protection is proud to announce the launch of DDoS mitigation services in São Paulo, Brazil.

AS136165: The network

Current PoPs:

• Amsterdam, Netherlands
  • London, United Kingdom
  • Los Angeles, CA, USA
  • Dallas, TX, USA
  • Ashburn, VA, USA
  • Miami, FL, USA
  • Tokyo, Japan
  • Singapore, Singapore
  • São Paulo, Brazil NEW

Test IP / Looking Glass: https://lg.x4b.net/ (103.249.70.2)

The Deal #1

Description: 30% off Premium Line including Low End offers (for new customers only)

Product Line: Premium Anycast DDoS Protection

Protection: 100Gbps / 100Mpps Guarunteed, 200Gbps / 200Mpps Burstable

Clean Bandwidth included: 25GB (upgrades available)

Coupon: LE30PCT (30% of Premium Anycast line)
Price: $14 (with coupon: LE30PCT)

Low End Plan Order Link

Valid Until: 07/08/2020 (unless we sell out)

You won't find comparable DDoS protection in Premium Locations in this price range.

Extra: Have a blog & able to post an honest review (Portuguese or English)? Contact us. Incentives available.

The Deal #2

Description: 30% off Las Vegas Budget Mitigation (new customers only).
Note: this is not Anycast and Las Vegas is not in Brazil

Clean Bandwidth included: 25GB (upgrades available)

Coupon: LE30PCTLV (30% of Las Vegas services)
Example Price: $7 for 50GB (with coupon: LE30PCTLV)

Valid Until: 31/07/2020 (unless we sell out)

To order apply coupon on a Las Vegas order on your order from https://www.x4b.net/protection/prices

The 20 Questions:

Are you actually offering mitigation in Asia & South America?

With a total network capacity over over 3Tbps and growing we have sufficient capacity to mitigate most attacks locally in Asia. We do however depend on our Anycast network to help take the brunt of larger than 100Gbps attacks or in times of network stress.

In Asia we have been growing our Capacity significantly over the past few years and we hope to do so in South America over coming years.

Why Anycast?

An anycast network is more redundant, and fault resilient than a regular single PoP network. By announcing in multiple distinct locations we gain redundancy against network and server failure as well as the ability to reduce latency by taking in the connection closer to the source.

Anycast also allows for an increase in Mitigation capacity (particularly Layer 7) and overall throughput per service.

Can I point one or more Anycast PoP at a single server?

Yes you can select which Anycast PoP should be forwarding to each defined backend.

Can each PoP communicate with my server direct?

Yep.

Optionally with GRE Tunneling you can also choose to have all PoPs pointed at a single backend, and for that backend to communicate with the appropriate PoP all via a single internal IP address; or you can define only a single tunnel (the choice is yours!)

This is an Anycast IP, can I connect out?

We have worked hard to build a solution that is able to function in every way like a regular Remote Protection service. With a GRE tunnel you can make outgoing connections. There may be a small delay for the first few packets while we create an optimized route through the network.

What about Support?

Low End plans have support Priority capped at Medium. Support for Low End plans is provided in a reduced capacity.

This announcement has been authorized by the office of @trewq

Thanked by 2truweb miu

Comments

• truwebtruweb Member
    edited July 2020

Perfect, perfect, perfect.

DDOS protection in Brazil and at a low price.

Less than 20ms from my location. That's great.

Thanked by 1SplitIce
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

@truweb said: Less than 20ms from my location. That's great.

I'm glad you have a good route. I spent close to a month testing and tweaking :)

If anyone doesn't have an acceptable route (and you should) send me a support ticket (or PM) with the (trace)route.

Thanked by 2miu truweb
  • miumiu Member

@SplitIce said:
    Note: Las Vegas is not in Brazil

:smile: Well to know it :smile:

Nice provider

Thanked by 1SplitIce
  • sgheghelesgheghele Member
    edited July 2020

I have been trying out the service for some days now. Satisfied with it so far.

I seem to not be able to reverse proxy encapsulated (w/ GRE tunnel) HTTPS traffic.
    But HTTPS to HTTP (w/ GRE) and HTTPS via a regular (w/out GRE) reverse proxy work fine, so I must be doing something wrong on my end. Will try again for a while before nagging support (which is pretty helpful anyway!).

It is pretty cool that I am proxying some ports from my Synology at home (with frp, no port forwarding needed), to my dedicated server, and then X4B takes it from the dedicated server to Anycast the connection and adds firewall + traffic control. Plus the more ordinary tasks, like handling services from the server itself.

For the money, you also get 2 Rage4 zones included, and then it is only $3.00/month for other 5 zones. As they replied on another thread, I am also getting direct access to Rage4 control panel. The $3.00 add-on is also price reduced by the coupon :wink:

@sgheghele By the way it's really not actually meant to be coupon affected. Unfortunately it's just how the billing system works. I let you get away with it however. It's only a few cents after all.

Also we should have Embratel transit up pretty soon (in Brazil). Just waiting on them to manually process our LOA.