Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS/Dedi for Jellyfin
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS/Dedi for Jellyfin

I'm currently on a Hetzner auction server, and while it serves me well I'm looking into other options, preferably with better peering for streaming, or anything that could compare.

Current Specs (Hetzner Server Auction):

• Intel i7 4770
  • 2x2TB SATA
  • 32 GB RAM
  • 1 Gbps unmetered

The above configuration costs me 26-ish Euros a month.

I'm looking for:

• 60-128GB and above storage-wise, SSD or NVMe non-negotiable. (Space isn't an issue since everything's on Google Drive mounted via rclone.)
  • 1 Gbps and above, 20TB bandwidth limit (unmetered preferred)
  • Good peering with Google (peering with Philippine ISPs preferred but I could always use Cloudflare)
  • A processor with an integrated GPU for transcoding preferred, 2 to 3 concurrent 1080p transcodes
  • 16 GB RAM or more

Budget: No hard limit, $25 to $40/month expected.

Comments

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

The 4770 has integrated graphics, why not just add an SSD drive to the auction box? That, or go for a different hetzner box spec wise?

• Yeah, and it works great.

I'm looking just for better peering. Streaming is fine since I pass through Cloudflare anyway, but every time I SSH into the box for maintenance the terminal input lag annoys me.

• You have Optimus deal. Especially with hd4400 (in this budget)

Igpus are hard to come by

• If SSH is your only problem, then you can just get another VPS on a different provider and then run a tcp proxy.

Thanked by 1vimalware