Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a Germany dedi with BGP session
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a Germany dedi with BGP session

I'm looking for a Germany provider with good L7 Anti DDoS that allows BGP session. I'm looking for a dedicated, but a VPS could work too. I don't mind specs as long as CPU is able to handle 1 Gbps. Network must be stable. I was with Combahton and network dropped weekly due to router/switch issues, so no Combahton. Any suggestions? The budget is under $100.

Comments

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

@Clouvider maybe? I'm sure Dom can confirm regarding the DDoS protection.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • paul20paul20 Member

@Mr_Tom said:

That's what I was considering, but their Germany location is just a "PoP", so do they have someone there 24/7 if something breaks?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@paul20 said:

@Mr_Tom said:

That's what I was considering, but their Germany location is just a "PoP", so do they have someone there 24/7 if something breaks?

We offer full range of services out of all our locations, London, Amsterdam, Frankfurt, New York and Los Angeles, with more coming soon, each of them is staffed 24/7.

Give us a shout, we’d love to help!

Thanks for tagging @Mr_Tom !

• zenkizenki Member

First-Root, myLoc (not sure if these guys are in your budget)

• jh_aurologicjh_aurologic Member, Patron Provider
    edited July 2020

@paul20 said:
    I'm looking for a Germany provider with good L7 Anti DDoS that allows BGP session. I'm looking for a dedicated, but a VPS could work too. I don't mind specs as long as CPU is able to handle 1 Gbps. Network must be stable. I was with Combahton and network dropped weekly due to router/switch issues, so no Combahton. Any suggestions? The budget is under $100.

You were probably affected by issues in February / March, which was the result of a fiber optic causing a Kernel Panic to our network gear on several locations. Network is stable since we resolved the issue, which was by far not easy as there were no log entries, no flapping interfaces or anything else which had pointed out the issue.

We've learned our lessons and implemented measures (completely diverse gear, no more trust in Juniper Virtual Chassis for the Core). You can even get redundancy by two BGP Sessions on different routers, in case you need maximum uptime guarantee.

I guess, our smokeping reflects that pretty well:

https://smokeping.combahton.net/smokeping/smokeping.cgi?target=Global-Targets.TierTwo.Core-Backbone

Feel free to hit me a PM, if you mind to come back :smile: