Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Burst Miami Experience?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Burst Miami Experience?

Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with Burst's new facility / setup at Miami? Looking to get a rack there. Their website does not provide much details about the network either, been talking to Shawn about it though.

Wanted to check if someone has any first hand experience.

Comments

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2013

Like most burst.net services, be prepared to accept random downtimes 2-3 times a month and TCP lag / ICMP (unknown effect on UDP) atleast once a week. And if they move datacenters, expect their 2-3 support staff to take up to a month to respond.

Ignore the small periods when the monitor was moved location (big empty period in the graph).
    1=UP
    0=DOWN

FYI, dont take the fact that I have a service with them as a sign of confidence. Ill be moving within 6 months as this hosts a non production service.

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • SplitIce nailed it.

Setting your testicles on fire will cause you less pain than using any Burst service :/

Thanked by 1SplitIce
  • @SegmentationFault said:
    Setting your testicles on fire

What an experience you have there...

• @SegmentationFault said:

Setting your testicles on fire will cause you less pain

Why did you do that in the first place? @_@

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I had a windows VM with Burst for a while, it took 2+ days to do the initial windows update on a 2008 server with 2GB Ram... it was horrible.

• epaslvepaslv Member
    edited November 2013

Over the last 3 years I have had about 5 VPS with them.

Probably the worst performing VPS's I have ever had. Riddled with random downtime, poor performance and bad service.

Every time I had an outage, they demanded I send multiple traceroutes as evidence.

@epaslv said:
    Over the last 3 years I have had about 5 VPS with them.

Probably the worst performing VPS's I have ever had. Riddled with random downtime, poor performance and bad service.

Same sort of experience, my opinion of Burst (And I mean this as feedback) is they assumed being cheap meant you should just get what you are given and be happy with it, along with the general attitude that they hold the market on budget virtual servers simply by being cheap, this is no longer the case but they seem blind to this, I see them going the same way as blackberry in the long run.

Refusing to adapt to customer demands and going full sail ahead with a 10 year old business plan regardless.

• expect their 2-3 support staff to take up to a month to respond.

I've always avoided Burst because they've had a reputation for providing below average services since the '90's, but I have been told by a few people that the "up to a month to respond" is only true if you open a ticket. If you post on WHT they will respond within 5-10 minutes of you posting. :P

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

Well, their Dunmore facility looks promising and is better performing, hopefully they will be able to carry it through. I guess it's a pass for me on Burst, Miami at the moment. Still speaking to GoRack, CuberWurx and a few others.

@DomainBop said:
    I've always avoided Burst because they've had a reputation for providing below average services since the '90's, but I have been told by a few people that the "up to a month to respond" is only true if you open a ticket. If you post on WHT they will respond within 5-10 minutes of you posting. :P

haha this actually made me laugh.