Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where in PHP-Friends TOS does it state a 30 day cancellation period?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2020

It mentions that you'd need to cancel your service 14 days or more before the end of term (if I read that correctly). Just skimmed it quickly searching for "30" though.

Die Laufzeit der kostenpflichtigen Verträge richtet sich nach dem zum Zeitpunkt des Vertragsschlusses gewählten Paket auf der Website des Anbieters. Soweit dort keine anderweitigen Vereinbarungen getroffen werden, verlängert sich der Vertrag um die jeweilige Laufzeit, wenn er nicht 2 Wochen vor Ablauf der gewählten Vertragslaufzeit gekündigt wird.

Are you perhaps moving Domains/Services to another provider because they also mention this:

Die Kündigung muss im Falle einer Domainregistrierung die Angabe enthalten, ob eine Löschung der Domain sofort oder zum Ende der Vertragslaufzeit oder eine Freigabe der Domain zum Providerwechsel erfolgen soll. Der Kunde hat ab dem Tag der Kündigung 30 Tage Zeit den Providerwechsel durchzuführen. Sollte der Providerwechsel (Transfer) innerhalb dieser Zeit nicht vollständig abgeschlossen sein, so wird die Freigabe zum Providerwechsel der Domain(s) wieder aufgehoben. Die vertraglichen Abrechnungszeiträume laufen ungekündigt weiter.

Which only refers to the time you have to move to another provider, though.

Haven't read their AGB thoroughly (like I said, just skimmed) but 30 days seems indeed odd. What payment term are you on? Is it a monthly/yearly contract?

Thanked by 1k9banger

Der Nutzungsvertrag über kostenlosen Webspace wird auf unbestimmte Zeit geschlossen. Er kann von beiden Parteien jederzeit mit einer Frist von 3 Werktagen per E-Mail, Fax, per Post oder über eine Mitteilung aus dem Nutzerbereich heraus gekündigt werden.

Google:

The usage contract for free webspace is concluded for an indefinite period. It can be terminated by either party at any time with a notice period of 3 working days by email, fax, post or via a message from the user area.

I don't know boss. If you don't speak the lingo it's probably best not to sign a contractual agreement.

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • hyperblasthyperblast Member
    edited July 2020

§ 5 Laufzeit des Vertrages/ Kündigung

Der Nutzungsvertrag über kostenlosen Webspace wird auf unbestimmte Zeit geschlossen. Er kann von beiden Parteien jederzeit mit einer Frist von 3 Werktagen per E-Mail, Fax, per Post oder über eine Mitteilung aus dem Nutzerbereich heraus gekündigt werden.

#

§ 5 Term of the contract/termination

The contract of use of free web space is concluded for an indefinite period of time. It can be terminated by both parties at any time with a period of notice of 3 working days by e-mail, fax, by post or via a message from the user area.

• @Ympker said: Die Laufzeit der kostenpflichtigen Verträge richtet sich nach dem zum Zeitpunkt des Vertragsschlusses gewählten Paket auf der Website des Anbieters. Soweit dort keine anderweitigen Vereinbarungen getroffen werden, verlängert sich der Vertrag um die jeweilige Laufzeit, wenn er nicht 2 Wochen vor Ablauf der gewählten Vertragslaufzeit gekündigt wird.

That looks more like it

Google:

If no other agreements are made there, the contract is extended by the respective term if it is not canceled 2 weeks before the end of the chosen contract term.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2020

@SmallWeb said:

Google:

The usage contract for free webspace is concluded for an indefinite period. It can be terminated by either party at any time with a notice period of 3 working days by email, fax, post or via a message from the user area.

I don't know boss. If you don't speak the lingo it's probably best not to sign a contractual agreement.

I don't think he signed up for a free webspace though, did you OP? If he signed up for a VPS and not a free webspace, then I'd argue that what is written under "2." applies.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited July 2020

@Ympker said:

@SmallWeb said:

Google:

I don't think he signed up for a free webspace though, did he? If he signed up for a VPS and not a free webspace, then I'd argue that what is written under "2." applies.

See above reply :) I don't have enough German knowledge to know if Google would mistranslate "free webspace" :tongue:

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2020

@Ympker said: Ympker

@SmallWeb said:

@Ympker said:

@SmallWeb said:

Google:

I don't think he signed up for a free webspace though, did he? If he signed up for a VPS and not a free webspace, then I'd argue that what is written under "2." applies.

See above reply :) I don't have enough German knowledge to know if Google would mistranslate "free webspace" :tongue:

It indeed says free webspace, literally haha :D Oddly enough, I don't see any "free webspace" offer on PHPFriends' website. Maybe a blast from the past? Anyway, my guess is that regular cancellation is meant to be made 14 days before service renewal. If that fails, which I assume happened, the contract gets renewed. If it's a monthly contract it gets renewed for another month which is probably where the "30 days" come from. Probably something got lost in translation.

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited July 2020

@Ympker said:

@Ympker said: Ympker

@SmallWeb said:

@Ympker said:

@SmallWeb said:

Google:

It indeed says free webspace, literally haha :D Anyway, my guess is that regular cancellation is meant to be made 14 days before service renewal. If that fails, which I assume happened, the contract gets renewed. If it's a monthly contract it gets renewed for another month which is probably where the "30 days" come from. Probably something got lost in translation.

Essentially, don't agree to German ToS unless you speak German or have your own @Ympker :tongue:

Thanked by 2Ympker AlwaysSkint
  • @Ympker said:
    It mentions that you'd need to cancel your service 14 days or more before the end of term (if I read that correctly). Just skimmed it quickly searching for "30" though.

Die Laufzeit der kostenpflichtigen Verträge richtet sich nach dem zum Zeitpunkt des Vertragsschlusses gewählten Paket auf der Website des Anbieters. Soweit dort keine anderweitigen Vereinbarungen getroffen werden, verlängert sich der Vertrag um die jeweilige Laufzeit, wenn er nicht 2 Wochen vor Ablauf der gewählten Vertragslaufzeit gekündigt wird.

It is a VPS and I think they are just being shady. I don't read German so I didn't notice that part. But instead of invoicing well before the expiry period, they wait till it is way past before the expiry date before invoicing, otherwise I would have cancelled.

Sending an invoice on the 1/Jul for service which expired on the 20/Jun is just shady. Why didn't they invoice on 1/Jun, but wait till it is well into the billing period before invoicing?

This is one of their 6 month offers and I didn't even know it automatically renewed.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    Thanked by 1pike
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited July 2020

@k9banger said:

@Ympker said:

It is a VPS and I think they are just being shady. I don't read German so I didn't notice that part. But instead of invoicing well before the expiry period, they wait till it is way past before the expiry date before invoicing, otherwise I would have cancelled.

Sending an invoice on the 1/Jul for service which expired on the 20/Jun is just shady. Why didn't they invoice on 1/Jun, but wait till it is well into the billing period before invoicing?

This is one of their 6 month offers and I didn't even know it automatically renewed.

The invoice does not have to be sent prior to the service renewal though, so that's their choice. Still, @PHP_Friends , it would be interesting to know what that "Free Webspace" paragraph refers to, or if it's just there because it belonged to some ancient plan that is no longer offered? :)

• sanvitsanvit Member

@k9banger said:

@Ympker said:

Isn't this what every body do? Usually providers sends in an invoice few weeks earlier, but you can still cancel as long as the invoice isn't over due

• WolfWolf Member

@k9banger Nothing shady about @PHP_Friends tbh.

Many german providers have that kind of terms and PHP is no exception.
    If you signed up for a 6months offer and did not cancel in time (you, not them) it is your fault.. best you could do is trying to get in touch with their support.

Sorry mate.

• @k9banger said: This is one of their 6 month offers and I didn't even know it automatically renewed.

This says everything, doesn't it? If you don't know what you're signing up for, don't sign up for it!

• Fuck all the prepaid services that require 30 days cancelation time.

• dataforestdataforest Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

I'm a bit short on time right now, so I'll keep it simple:

• We don't have 30 days cancellation / notice period but 14 days which is (in Germany) below average. We are running so many hardware generations that we need some "safety" to make sure we can plan with the resources (not) available
    • We simply can't send the invoice before as we are absolutely not a prepaid provider, our German and esspecially (also international) business customers would be highly irritated or even feel betrayed if we sent an invoice before the billing period even begins
    • We have a lot of customers with many servers and also lots of individual service which needs to be accounted (half) manually, that's why we have only two billing cycles per month (every 1st and 15th) instead of sending out one invoice per server automatically which would be horrible for most of our customers
    • At least in Germany it's absolutely normal to send bills on a fixed date like the 1st or 15th
    • The 3 days notice period come from our former free webhosting. This notice period was introduced to make sure that we can't simply cancel a non-paying customer at anytime without giving him time to move. So it's basically an advantage for the (former) customers. As it has been a free webspace it does not even have to be cancelled from a customer point of view. As changing your ToS is not that easy in Germany without paying a lot of Euros to our lawyer we didn't see any proper reason to change the ToS just to remove this paragraph. We like to invest our money in great servers and great staff, not in lawyers

Best Regards,
    Tim

PS: Everyone can transfer his existing PHP-Friends server to any other (new or demand) customer if he or she does not want to pay it anymore. We don't charge a single Euro for transfering contracts like many other providers do. Just drop us a short ticket with the e-mail address of the customer who want's to take the server.

Thanked by 3k9banger pike buzzyLET
  • @PHP_Friends do you, by any chance, plan on offering other locations? Your services rock but I hate having too much power in a single datacenter

@luissousa said:
    @PHP_Friends do you, by any chance, plan on offering other locations? Your services rock but I hate having too much power in a single datacenter

To which location do you refer to? We are currently moving from First Colo to maincubes FRA01 :)

Thanked by 2pike vimalware
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@PHP_Friends said:

@luissousa said:
    @PHP_Friends do you, by any chance, plan on offering other locations? Your services rock but I hate having too much power in a single datacenter

To which location do you refer to? We are currently moving from First Colo to maincubes FRA01 :)

When’s that expected to complete?

@thedp said:
    When’s that expected to complete?

~ September / October.

• amarcamarc Veteran

Where can we see your monthly, without commitment pricing ?

• luissousaluissousa Member
    edited July 2020

@PHP_Friends said:

@luissousa said:

My server with you is in first colo
    What is fra01? 😝️
    I currently have a max of 2 servers per city, one worker and one manager in a docker swarm, but this has been changing to either a worker or a manager, all spread around the world

@amarc said:
    Where can we see your monthly, without commitment pricing ?

We have a button "Mindestvertragslaufzeit wechseln" on every product page.

@luissousa said:
    My server with you is in first colo
    What is fra01? 😝️

https://www.maincubes.com/en/

• @PHP_Friends said:
    PS: Everyone can transfer his existing PHP-Friends server to any other (new or demand) customer if he or she does not want to pay it anymore. We don't charge a single Euro for transfering contracts like many other providers do. Just drop us a short ticket with the e-mail address of the customer who want's to take the server.

does anyone need to get rid of their server? :)

• Y> @buzzyLET said:

@PHP_Friends said:

Yes I do

• @k9banger said:
    Y> @buzzyLET said:

@PHP_Friends said:

Yes I do

which is it?

• does anyone need to get rid of their server? :)

Yes I do

which is it?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/165668/3-php-friends-vpss-for-transfer/p1?new=1