Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soyoustart Canada: 1Gbps ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Soyoustart Canada: 1Gbps ?

I just reinstalled my SoYoustart D-1521 server in Beauharnois, and I'm getting 1Gbps up and down ?

Comments

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

No you will not. It's not dedicated port and it's restricted.
    Visit their website again you will find those information

• @ViridWeb said:

Thanks I know it is not dedicated, but I never have seem to actually had anything above 250 Mbps before ...

@wlambrechts said:

@ViridWeb said:

Thanks I know it is not dedicated, but I never have seem to actually had anything above 250 Mbps before ...

With Soyoustart you can't get 1Gbps. It's restricted to 250Mbps

Hit the "Product Details" text below the order button. It's clearly said Bandwidth is 250Mbps

If you want 1Gbps and more then try OVH

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited July 2020

@ViridWeb said:

@wlambrechts said:

@ViridWeb said:

Hit the "Product Details" text below the order button. It's clearly said Bandwidth is 250Mbps

Hence, my surprise to have 1 Gbps on my Soyoustart server ... See the attached imaged: from my Canadian SYS server to a non-OVH server (also in Canada)

see: https://imgur.com/a/7RshXJv

• @wlambrechts said:

@ViridWeb said:

@wlambrechts said:

@ViridWeb said:

Hence, my surprise to have 1 Gbps on my Soyoustart server ... See the attached imaged: from my Canadian SYS server to a non-OVH server (also in Canada)

see: https://imgur.com/a/7RshXJv

Try an iperf to be sure. Sometimes, it happens. They might figure it out and reduce the port speed again, or it might be that they never find about it.

• @ViridWeb said:

@wlambrechts said:

@ViridWeb said:

Hes already got the 1Gbps lol. Hes just wondering how he got this free upgrade.

• momkinmomkin Member

Don't tell anyone or you will end up getting 250MB/S back :smiley:

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • TravTrav Member

@momkin said:
    Don't tell anyone or you will end up getting 250MB/S back :smiley:

Too late

• And the 1gbit line is ... gone

• Don't tell anyone
    And enjoy the 1G port.

@jamespeach said:

@ViridWeb said:

@wlambrechts said:

@ViridWeb said:

Hes already got the 1Gbps lol. Hes just wondering how he got this free upgrade.

Yes you are right. But don't know how long he will get that speed.

• If you feel unhappy about this, open the ticket with SYS and tell them you don't want. :wink:

• wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
    edited July 2020

ok, it just confirms that I was not missing anything about any planned upgrades and I was (and still am) just lucky :-).

It probably compensates for a 1 Gbps oneprovider (online.net) server I have which most of the time has an upload speed of no more than 1 or 2 Mbps :-)

• NicholasOXINicholasOXI Member, Host Rep

Hello, from my experience most if not all SYS servers in BHS have the upgrade; it's from when they planned to upgrade all ports to 500mbp/s (with a burst of 1gbp/s) last year but not every server got the upgrade - though most of BHS did get it before the plans were scrapped/delayed - it's not uncommon from my experience anymore.

Thanked by 1wlambrechts
  • All SoYouStart NICs are 1Gbps and only Upload Speeds are capped at 250Mbps. I am getting 1Gbps download speed and 500Mbps in the beginning which quickly went back down to 250Mbps. I don't get why they do not offer upgrade when they already installed 1Gbps NIC with it!

• @ankesh said:
    All SoYouStart NICs are 1Gbps and only Upload Speeds are capped at 250Mbps. I am getting 1Gbps download speed and 500Mbps in the beginning which quickly went back down to 250Mbps. I don't get why they do not offer upgrade when they already installed 1Gbps NIC with it!

The newer ones with glorified laptop CPUs (SYS-2, maybe SYS-1) have 10G NICs. However it is the usual OVH roulette whether they have used the 10G NIC and/or connected it to a 10G switch

• It will be temporary. Once they findout you will end up with 250mbps