Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VolumeDrive - Disappointed - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VolumeDrive - Disappointed

2»

Comments

• c0yc0y Member
    edited November 2013

@Swiftway said:
    TO people above: do you even do a little due diligence before you choose a provider? Volumedrive is currently amongst the riskiest business to buy a server from. Did you follow the threads on WHT that say:

• Volumedrive left Burstnet and moved to a self operated dataroom, leaving Burstnet with a large amount of open invoices that will be claimed in court.
    • Volumedrive left without the blessing of their equipments Leasing company, making it likely the leasing company will take steps to reclaim the servers on lease.
    • The customers were down for 5+ days during this unannounced migration.
    • Other creditors are chasing up Volumedrive as well
    • Volumedrive left a large amount of servers behind, affecting all clients on these servers.

And this is just the recent trouble discussed on WHT.

1. Burst doesn't have contracts, it's month-to-month billing, what's there to be disputed?
    2. From what I noticed it was RTO. If not, they did say in public they had a seperate agreement with the leaser.
    3. No shit, otherwise burst would have locked their biggest cashcow out beforehand to have a nice talk
    4. There's no proof for that except for some wanker showing up and bashing them only when the situation is right and NEVER EVER bringing it up before
    5. As far as I could extract from the posts they first migrated a small chunk to Burst's new facility (to make it look all fine etc) then Burst wanted the rest to the new facility and this was the last chance to take the hardware to somewhere decent. You aren't going to say Burst was any better: support, network, infra: all pathetic
  • Personally, I have nothing against VolumeDrive. I'm not a customer, but I do know a few people who have servers with them and they say VolumeDrive is exceptional especially for the price.

Do I think their decision of uprooting from BurstNET without any warning was okay? Of course not, but there has to be 2 sides to that story and we haven't heard both sides.

I'm assuming VolumeDrive has a fairly large user base, there is no way for them to please all of their customers. That's just life, there will be people who don't like the service and others who love the service.

Let me remind you, you're paying $20/month for a server. If you expect round the clock support, instant help, instant hardware replacement, and a 100% uptime you better save your pennies and go with someone like Softlayer instead.

VolumeDrive isn't meant for mission critical applications, if what you're running is mission critical. Don't go with VolumeDrive or any low end provider.

Personally, i'd buy a server with VolumeDrive.

• @volumedrive: Where exactly in PA is your new DC?

ip2location.com shows your DC in Scranton - is this correct?