Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflare pop-ups again
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudflare pop-ups again

Just got a Cloudflare challenge when composing a post response. They are fucking annoying (I don't think it saves a recent draft before putting up the wall). Last time I was getting them, it seemed to be a LET side config issue that got resolved after a bunch of people complained.

Is it just me, or happening to others just starting recently?

Thanks

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Hmm, that has never happened to me.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • zenkizenki Member

Never happened for me.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited July 2020

@TimboJones said:
    Just got a Cloudflare challenge when composing a post response. They are fucking annoying (I don't think it saves a recent draft before putting up the wall). Last time I was getting them, it seemed to be a LET side config issue that got resolved after a bunch of people complained.

Is it just me, or happening to others just starting recently?

Thanks

It only happens when you trigger one of LET’s (mediocre) WAF rules. I’m not sure about the exact rules, but it usually doesn’t like code blocks, SQL queries, etc.

Your best bet is to use Pastebin/a similar service or posting a screenshot of your intended text.

Thanked by 2hostdare TimboJones
  • jlayjlay Member
    edited July 2020

I've noticed strange things like this when typing a comment that includes the full path to a certain null device found in slash dev

Hasn't happened in a while, but after running into it repeatedly I've conditioned myself. There seems to be a filter that's overly aggressive about certain things

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • rcxbrcxb Member

Ran into this earlier today. Every time I tried to quote just a single line as code, which puts backticks around the line, cloudflare instantly blew up.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • Used to get them all the times, especially the check that my browser is real, months ago when LET was way slower and with the older Vanilla version. Now it behaves like a normal website to me, even with a VPN on.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

Just had that problem too. In a PM!

Thanked by 1TimboJones