Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GeoIP2 maxmind is there a free version ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GeoIP2 maxmind is there a free version ?

I have been trying to find if there is a way to use free version of Mamind's GeoIP2 Country Database. I would like to automate updates using libmaxminddb and enabling maxminddb_module for a WHM CentOS7 server. I created an account on Maxmind, generated license key but when I try to wget with download.maxmind.com/app/geoip_download?edition_id=GeoLite2-Country&license_key=xxx-Lic-Key&suffix=tar.gz it always says unauthorized.

If I read here https://www.maxmind.com/en/geoip2-precision-country-service it tells you to buy credits and then use them as per query.

I read many guides but all seem redundant now as Maxmind pulled their legacy databases.

My purpose is to have visitors from a China be served the site from Chinese domain (on Alibaba cloud) and rest of the world gets the English Site in UK. What would be the best approach ?

Thanks

Comments