Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does NexusBytes shared web hosting worth it?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Does NexusBytes shared web hosting worth it?

Hello,

i've 3 questions.

1. I've seen they provide SLA 99.9% even for shared web hosting?
  2. How's your experience with NexusBytes shared web hosting (or resseller web hosting) so far?
  3. Since Softaculous can setup Virtualizor Master and Blesta, is it a good idea to start with that? (i've started to setup it to try on a VPS, but now i feel like it could be less maintenance for updates etc if i go with shared hosting)

Thank you!

cc @seriesn

Comments

• Just few words, Grab it fast

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@o_be_one said:
    Hello,

i've 3 questions.

1. I've seen they provide SLA 99.9% even for shared web hosting?
    2. How's your experience with NexusBytes shared web hosting (or resseller web hosting) so far?
    3. Since Softaculous can setup Virtualizor Master and Blesta, is it a good idea to start with that? (i've started to setup it to try on a VPS, but now i feel like it could be less maintenance for updates etc if i go with shared hosting)

Thank you!

cc @seriesn

My Answers

1. 99.9% possible but Sometimes servers do need maintenance works
    2. I don't have personal experience with them but very few host have positive reputation here in LET and @seriesn is one of them
    3. Sorry I don't understand your question, But Softaculous will not setup Blesta for you, They are different companies. And you can't install Virtualizor Master and Blesta on a same VPS. I would recommend you to use either get a reseller hosting or shared hosting to setup blesta platform and install Virtualizor Master on a different vps and use dedicated server for slave nodes
    Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • Nexusbytes is really worth the price.
    @seriesn is a great guy and the company is great.
    You'll great great speeds and performance.
    You may pm @seriesn if you want a custom deal and he just might help you.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • +1 @seriesn shared and vps hosting

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@seriesn is prem, and so is NexusBytes.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @ViridWeb said: But Softaculous will not setup Blesta for you

Well the header of Blesta documentation said this:

Softaculous Auto Installer
    Does your server have Softaculous installed? If so, you may alternatively install Blesta through Softaculous.

And the script exists also in their db.

That's why my question. Beside that i totally get your point about separated hosting to be assured no conflict between Blesta and Virtualizor. I've already installed Virtualizor Master on a VPS few days ago to try it out and understood there is some heave stuffs that requires an independant setup to work correctly. Also im affraid that using Virtualizor Master from a Softaculous installer may end in other "special" issues just because it's not on a dedicated environment...

Thank you for your answer @ViridWeb , you are always here to help and answer the best you can and i truely appreciate to read you.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited June 2020

@Jord said:
    @seriesn is prem, and so is NexusBytes.

@plumberg said:
    +1 @seriesn shared and vps hosting

@ViridWeb said: I don't have personal experience with them but very few host have positive reputation here in LET and @seriesn is one of them

@Sgrocks said:
    Just few words, Grab it fast

<3. You guys are prem <3.

@o_be_one said: I've seen they provide SLA 99.9% even for shared web hosting?

Hello Sir, thank you for reconsidering us :). Maybe one day, I will be able to guarantee 99.99% :). Our only downtime so far has been due to scheduled maintenance :)

@o_be_one said: Since Softaculous can setup Virtualizor Master and Blesta, is it a good idea to start with that? (i've started to setup it to try on a VPS, but now i feel like it could be less maintenance for updates etc if i go with shared hosting)

Blesta can be installed via softaculous. Virtualizor, you will need a bare bone VPS for that, softaculous won't install it for you :)

• @seriesn said: Hello Sir, thank you for reconsidering us :). Maybe one day, I will be able to guarantee 99.99% :). Our only downtime so far has been due to scheduled maintenance

Is it still 99.9% or there is no SLA on web offers?

@seriesn said: Virtualizor, you will need a bare bone VPS for that, softaculous won't install it for you

Oh yeah true! I haven't checked correctly just because i've seen Virtualizor in the front page of Softaculous... They should not do that xD!

@seriesn i would like to know: what is 100% CPU limit on the offer? Are we allowed to use 100% of a thread for the time we want or is it a fair share with burst allowed for 10 mins for example? I only know BuyShared in shared web experience and it was not good, imho, for critical operations. I would like to keep my billing panel the most possible online.

On other side i have to think about Blesta licence. If i go with web shared and NexusBytes i will have to take a VPS from NexusBytes on the side to get Blesta licence for free (probably since it's still NexusBytes network i'm allowed to use it on web shared hosting? Anyway for Virtualizor i need a VPS).

• @o_be_one said:

@seriesn said: Hello Sir, thank you for reconsidering us :). Maybe one day, I will be able to guarantee 99.99% :). Our only downtime so far has been due to scheduled maintenance

Is it still 99.9% or there is no SLA on web offers?

@seriesn said: Virtualizor, you will need a bare bone VPS for that, softaculous won't install it for you

Oh yeah true! I haven't checked correctly just because i've seen Virtualizor in the front page of Softaculous... They should not do that xD!

@seriesn i would like to know: what is 100% CPU limit on the offer? Are we allowed to use 100% of a thread for the time we want or is it a fair share with burst allowed for 10 mins for example? I only know BuyShared in shared web experience and it was not good, imho, for critical operations. I would like to keep my billing panel the most possible online.

On other side i have to think about Blesta licence. If i go with web shared and NexusBytes i will have to take a VPS from NexusBytes on the side to get Blesta licence for free (probably since it's still NexusBytes network i'm allowed to use it on web shared hosting? Anyway for Virtualizor i need a VPS).

Hiya,
    99.9% uptime SLA applies to all our products :).

• Fair share CPU. Basically don't abuse it 24/7 :). But at the same time, these nodes are not overlaoded. With that said, it you could pm me what you didn't like about buyshared (fran runs a good show)

• Blesta/VPS Etc. I mean, we also have a pretty decent reseller plan :P

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • o_be_oneo_be_one Member
    edited June 2020

@seriesn said: But at the same time, these nodes are not overlaoded. With that said, it you could pm me what you didn't like about buyshared (fran runs a good show)

He is already aware. I love BuyShared, honestly for the price and quality it's hard to complain. My issue is just that i get around 98% uptime on my websites in LU (XenForo and WP, ~200 unique visitors / day) and 99% on LV (wordpress only). 99% is not bad for LV but i need to be on NYC for my project and i would like to avoid downtime few nights a week even for 1 min i experience with BuyShared. I try to see my main website as a critical website, and i will try to see the same way for all my services (well after, as you already know with your experience i'm pretty sure, expectation is always different from reality).

@seriesn said: Blesta/VPS Etc. I mean, we also have a pretty decent reseller plan

What you mean? Is Blesta included with reseller? In Family Perks page i've read Blesta licence are offered with VPS, and i wonder if i can rent you a VPS and use the Blesta licence on your web shared.
    Edit: Yeah i've just seen Blesta is included ahah! You may update your family perks page, free Blesta was only in VPS section.

Are web shared ips dedicated? Are you well protected agsint DDoS (one known issue on BuyShared)?

Thanks for all your answer. I believe i will be able to join the family ahah, i really want but everytime there is something where i'm like... "Finally i will stay with BuyVM". I don't know if it's the "12h delivery" (even if i know you handle orders way faster than that), or because Stallion is fuckn awesome, or because i just never tried your service, or if it's because you provide a less generous fair share for smaller VPS or if it's i haven't read anything about live snapshots/backups (but there is a NAT backup VPS), or if it's because there is too much addons, etc. I'm not sure, i know you are powerful too i've just some doubts everytime i'm one click away to pay...

• @o_be_one said: He is already aware. I love BuyShared, honestly for the price and quality it's hard to complain. My issue is just that i get around 98% uptime on my websites in LU (XenForo and WP, ~200 unique visitors / day) and 99% on LV (wordpress only). 99% is not bad for LV but i need to be on NYC for my project and i would like to avoid downtime few nights a week even for 1 min i experience with BuyShared. I try to see my main website as a critical website, and i will try to see the same way for all my services (well after, as you already know with your experience i'm pretty sure, expectation is always different from reality).

WP is a pain in the ass for almost any shared host. Disabling heartbeat and tweaking rss usually helps a bit. But depending on your plugin plus how heavy the theme is, it can vary.

@o_be_one said: What you mean? Is Blesta included with reseller? In Family Perks page i've read Blesta licence are offered with VPS, and i wonder if i can rent you a VPS and use the Blesta licence on your web shared.

I think it says reseller too ;). As long as you use it within our network, I could care less either you use it on shared or VPS servers :).

Are web shared ips dedicated? Are you well protected agsint DDoS

No dedicated IP. Basic DDOS protection is included with all our plans and services. We are not known to be bulletproof comparing to the big boss :).

Thanks for all your answer. I believe i will be able to join the family ahah, i really want but everytime there is something where i'm like... "Finally i will stay with BuyVM". I don't know if it's the "12h delivery" (even if i know you handle orders way faster than that), or because Stallion is fuckn awesome, or because i just never tried your service, or if it's because you provide a less generous fair share for smaller VPS or if it's i haven't read anything about live snapshots/backups (but there is a NAT backup VPS), or if it's because there is too much addons, etc. I'm not sure, i know you are powerful too i've just some doubts everytime i'm one click away to pay....

We are just like cars, Nissan, Toyota, Honda. All of them will take you from point A to point B, almost at similar speed. Only difference is your personal preference and choice of design haha.

Setup time for is a generic mesage for the odd hours (need to sleep too right? :) ). During regular business hours, it is usually done within an hour or 2 :).

So one may wonder, why we don't offer snapshot or something similar. Our vision has always been, it is your service, it is your server. So it is your call on how you want it to be managed and protected. Offsite NAT becomes a disaster proof solution, in the event where if the main node goes down, it might be faster to spin up a new server and let you restore your backup at your own pace vs us doing it one by one, at a time, thus making you wait longer. Many free and paid solution exists, that will do all the fancy things you want, when it comes to taking snapshot.

I respect and admire Frans product line, because he is awesome and a super cool person to work with. Runs a nice business that many of can only dream about. We will never think of ourself as a direct competition to his service.

But we have our tiny things here and there with the family perks and adding more as we grow :). Cutting down on promo actually clears up the budget for offering more goodies to everyone :)

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • @seriesn said: WP is a pain in the ass for almost any shared host. Disabling heartbeat and tweaking rss usually helps a bit. But depending on your plugin plus how heavy the theme is, it can vary.

True! I use Elementor and 2 or 3 other plugins. I don't like heavy stuffs... I also use LSCache and CloudFlare in front.

@seriesn said: I think it says reseller too ;).

Yeah i've seen that in the order form. In your Family Perks doc it's wrote only in VPS section that's why i was confused (or maybe i didn't read it correctly, it's possible too).

@seriesn said: We are just like cars, Nissan, Toyota, Honda. All of them will take you from point A to point B, almost at similar speed. Only difference is your personal preference and choice of design haha.

Honestly i'm more into Audi, BMW, Mercedes :p !

@seriesn said: Setup time for is a generic mesage for the odd hours (need to sleep too right? :) ). During regular business hours, it is usually done within an hour or 2 :).

Why is this process not automatic? Why not automatize this process for known and trusty customets (like adding a flag "premium customer" or something like that)?

@seriesn said: But we have our tiny things here and there with the family perks and adding more as we grow :). Cutting down on promo actually clears up the budget for offering more goodies to everyone

I think a common issue with lots of providers is that they grow to fast and haven't enough time to think "as a customer". So they just rush with the amount of orders (often related to their promo) and miss all important things, including quality. NexusBytes looks more customer oriented, and i feel like you work hard with your team to keep that, to also make the difference in a way you are still defining.

• @o_be_one said: Honestly i'm more into Audi, BMW, Mercedes !

You are in the wrong forum :lol:

@o_be_one said: Why is this process not automatic? Why not automatize this process for known and trusty customets (like adding a flag "premium customer" or something like that)?

Because I use a cookie cutter setup with WHMCs and virtualizor, both of which doesn't allow me to do certain things as I want them to :(.

Some of the products needs manual provisioning (resource upgrade for annual signups, block storage etc). Trust me sir, it would free up good couple of hours of my day. But, so far everything I tried to do to automate it, ended up causing extra work, instead of saving time :(

@o_be_one said: I think a common issue with lots of providers is that they grow to fast and haven't enough time to think "as a customer". So they just rush with the amount of orders (often related to their promo) and miss all important things, including quality. NexusBytes looks more customer oriented, and i feel like you work hard with your team to keep that, to also make the difference in a way you are still defining.

Nexus Bytes is built with customer first mentality :). Which is also easy to do, as a small provider and privately owned business. End of the day, I am also a consumer myself haha.

I am just a regular guy, who takes care of his family and working hard to build a good brand, that will help me retire from my day job and allow me to live in a nice quiet place :).

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • Alright all good for me, will give it a try then :). Risk 0 is not possible for the price range i would like to start then it's normal to try something new, and i feel NexusBytes will be a good fit for parts of my project.

I've already got my reseller web shared delivered (took only few minutes!) and it's my first time on DirectAdmin (i'm used to cPanel, DirectAdmin looks way more apealing tho!).

Thanks all for your answers, thanks a lot @seriesn for your personal support on my thread :). Happy to finally take part of NexusBytes family!

Thanked by 1seriesn

@o_be_one said:

@ViridWeb said: But Softaculous will not setup Blesta for you

Well the header of Blesta documentation said this:

Softaculous Auto Installer
    Does your server have Softaculous installed? If so, you may alternatively install Blesta through Softaculous.

And the script exists also in their db.

That's why my question. Beside that i totally get your point about separated hosting to be assured no conflict between Blesta and Virtualizor. I've already installed Virtualizor Master on a VPS few days ago to try it out and understood there is some heave stuffs that requires an independant setup to work correctly. Also im affraid that using Virtualizor Master from a Softaculous installer may end in other "special" issues just because it's not on a dedicated environment...

Thank you for your answer @ViridWeb , you are always here to help and answer the best you can and i truely appreciate to read you.

Ok so you are talking about installing Blesta directly from Softaculous auto installer, Then it's fine and they have Blesta listed as you mentioned above.

If you want to provide shared hosting then a resller hosting is suitable for that. Most of us including NexusBytes, Buyshared or even we provide Blesta for free for billing solution.

Or you can just get a VPS and install Directadmin on it to get more control. Note: Directadmin requires more work specially from SSH.

If you want to start VPS hosting then get a small vps for master and Dedicated for slave as I alreay said.

Good Luck.. :smile:

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited June 2020

It's just me thing.
    But I never use any hosts that's advertised here.

The only exceptions are -

1. Frantech government: Because Fran lies.
    2. Cider products (Less commonly known as Clouvider)
    3. Few more on the list.

Those don't really try to advertise here. Any hosts that try hard to advertise here aren't worth it.

• @ViridWeb said: If you want to start VPS hosting then get a small vps for master and Dedicated for slave as I alreay said.

For Virtualizor it's totally the way i'm going on.
    For Blesta and WordPress i think web shared will be a good fit for this if there is great SLA provided ^^.

@deank said: But I never use any hosts that's advertised here.

Oh even BuyVM or RamNode :o ? There is few hosts here who are really amazing!

Edited my post to add exceptions.

@o_be_one said:

@ViridWeb said: If you want to start VPS hosting then get a small vps for master and Dedicated for slave as I alreay said.

For Virtualizor it's totally the way i'm going on.
    For Blesta and WordPress i think web shared will be a good fit for this if there is great SLA provided ^^.

Yes that's a good decision. Good luck..

@deank said: But I never use any hosts that's advertised here.

Oh even BuyVM or RamNode :o ? There is few hosts here who are really amazing!

No he is using Godaddy. I saw his name on that stolen Database :trollface:

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • @o_be_one said:
    Alright all good for me, will give it a try then :). Risk 0 is not possible for the price range i would like to start then it's normal to try something new, and i feel NexusBytes will be a good fit for parts of my project.

I've already got my reseller web shared delivered (took only few minutes!) and it's my first time on DirectAdmin (i'm used to cPanel, DirectAdmin looks way more apealing tho!).

Thanks all for your answers, thanks a lot @seriesn for your personal support on my thread :). Happy to finally take part of NexusBytes family!

Welcome to the family <3.

@deank said:
    It's just me thing.
    But I never use any hosts that's advertised here.

The only exceptions are -

1. Frantech government: Because Fran lies.
    2. Cider products (Less commonly known as Clouvider)
    3. Few more on the list.

Those don't really try to advertise here. Any hosts that try hard to advertise here aren't worth it.

Will donating a new scythe change your mind? Ever? Or the end is Neigh? :/

Thanked by 1o_be_one
    edited June 2020

Don't worry. If your company grows big enough and survive, you will stop wanting customers from LET.

• @seriesn Ryzen cores on your shared hosting offering?

• @vimalware said:
    @seriesn Ryzen cores on your shared hosting offering?

Yes Boss.

Thanked by 2vimalware o_be_one