Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bahnhof AB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bahnhof AB

NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
edited November 2013 in General

Hi,

Did someone tried their bunker servers?

Maybe someone could offer cheap vps from there? :D

http://www.bahnhof.net/

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

They already offer them directly starting at €9.50

Anyone wanting a VPS there wants it for a reason so €9.50 should be pea nuts.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2013

@AnthonySmith "Introduction price! " sounds like first month.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited November 2013

Weren't Edis at beginning located there?
    I had VPS in Bahnhof / Pionen from SwedenDedicated. Not too good experience (with host not DC).

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Infinity580 said:
    AnthonySmith "Introduction price! " sounds like first month.

hmm you could be right about that yes.

@Spirit EDIS also yes but i dont think for 2.50Euro per Month there hosting in a "bunker"

edited November 2013

They confirmed me its Portlane, but Portlane have 2 DC's in Swenden (Nacka = within the bedrock,Stockholm = Nuclearsafe) and the site says both are bunkers?

• You're interested in Bahnhof data center inside bunker Pionen, which is buried inside the White Mountains in Stockholm.

But yes, Nacka is also in bunker.

Nacka Station Datacenter is located inside a gigantic, nuclear-safe super bunker cavern at Värmdövägen 87, Nacka. The facility is a former power station and connected directly to the Stockholm high voltage grid. Nacka Station provides a stable, secure and environmental friendly housing environment for your IT & network equipment with a guaranteed 99.995% availability in terms of power and cooling. The facility also has redundant fiber-optic connections via multiple operators to the internet backbone.

@Spirit thank you, Shardshi** has been successfully replaced.

• safe to say you can host pretty much what ever you want there.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Sweden has alot of bunkers, previously used by the military and now used by the private sector, like datacenters.

• Albania has a lot of bunkers too, i wonder why they don't overtake the hosting market :)

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Looking for investitors. Most secure location in eastern europe.

http://gulfnews.com/life-style/travel/exploring-tito-s-cold-war-bunker-1.1042780

• The problem with deep bunkers is that they are hard to cool, unless you have access to some underground river or something, that you could use for cooling.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited November 2013

@Liam said:
    EDIT; Just to add Portlane moved most of their servers from Pionen to their own facility as Pionen had quite a few issues, if I recall correctly.

We have both still, but not selectable - Some nodes happen to be in Pionen simply. Latency is negligible, Portlanes core is in Pionen.

While it looks impressive don't get fooled - Pionen is not safe in any "bunker" way (there is no door to the DC floor with more than 1cm steel, air filtration is limited to non-breathable in gas attack scenarios, AC depends on external hardware), it has heat problems, power is an issue (i.e. qty)... Nacka is Portlanes own facility which i am sure of is also not compareable to InterXion but is by far at least cooling wise better than Pionen.

EDIT: Just read that it is actually a bunker as well, so at least on par with Pionen.