Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shipping
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shipping

Hello all, hope you are safe and well.

I need to ship a parcel within USA (from East coast to West Coast)... Just wanted to know if there are any sites which you use to print discounted shipping labels for any services like USPS/ UPS/ Fedex.

At the moment, I am looking for the cheapest/ slowest option for a 6 pound box (approx 21x14x7).

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Comments

• Shippo.com. Very easy to use, pay as you go plan is $0.05 per label printed and you get pretty big discount over regular USPS rates.

You can see what kind of discount on USPS you are getting by comparing rates here: https://postcalc.usps.com/

They also show rates from Fed Ex and UPS but in order to get discounts with those carriers I believe you need to get accounts with them.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @JDMcPea said:
    Shippo.com. Very easy to use, pay as you go plan is $0.05 per label printed and you get pretty big discount over regular USPS rates.

You can see what kind of discount on USPS you are getting by comparing rates here: https://postcalc.usps.com/

They also show rates from Fed Ex and UPS but in order to get discounts with those carriers I believe you need to get accounts with them.

Thanks, I just signed for shippo. USPS (for my parcel) is not providing much discounted rates. I was hoping it would show UPS/ Fedex too. but, for some reason, I dont see those options.

• After further consideration believe I had to link my Fed Ex and UPS accounts to Shippo account to see their rates too (was a while ago).

USPS discounts think can be up to around 30% compared to retail but probably not that high for items over a pound and larger boxes. All the carriers are now also charging by the size of the box as well as weight so the 21" x 14" x 7" size will add a lot to the cost compared to a small 6 pound box.

Ship costs have gone up a lot the last few years, it's getting crazy.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • @JDMcPea said:
    After further consideration believe I had to link my Fed Ex and UPS accounts to Shippo account to see their rates too (was a while ago).

Yes, I spoke with their support (which was helpful) and they helped me setup a new UPS account. They could not do a Fedex account.

USPS discounts think can be up to around 30% compared to retail but probably not that high for items over a pound and larger boxes. All the carriers are now also charging by the size of the box as well as weight so the 21" x 14" x 7" size will add a lot to the cost compared to a small 6 pound box.

Ship costs have gone up a lot the last few years, it's getting crazy.

Yes, shipping charges will be costly for a bulkier item. I was just at Fedex location, and they said their prices fluctuated per minute (demand/ supply/ fuel prices) ... and I saw that happen in a gap of 15 mins...

Thanks

• @plumberg said:

@JDMcPea said:
    Shippo.com. Very easy to use, pay as you go plan is $0.05 per label printed and you get pretty big discount over regular USPS rates.

Thanks, I just signed for shippo. USPS (for my parcel) is not providing much discounted rates. I was hoping it would show UPS/ Fedex too. but, for some reason, I dont see those options.

NetParcel and Goorooship is what I use to/from Canada/US. PM if you want a referral code, I believe they'll give you some account credit. Basically, big cities get the best rates and most courier options.