Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5centcdn
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

5centcdn

Hi!
I would love to get some opinions on 5centcdn. Anyone use them? I see some interesting comments in the forum, but they were from 2017. Anyone have any longterm working with them?

Thanks!
Dave

Thanked by 1greentea

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited June 2020

Chills?

• So what does that mean?

• I'm trying to get some information around using them for a streaming live video cdn. What specifically were your issues with them, so I can make an informed decision?

• Never heard about them. Better go with Bunnycdn (well-known here and reliable).

• I'm using BunnyCDN for my website (which I love BTW), but I need a Live Streaming CDN solution as well. Trying 5Cents trial right now, not seeing the best results so far. I'm comparing against CDNSun who also does Live Streaming but they do not have a DVR functionality unfortunately.

• Never heard about them, if you need cheap then try CF free

• it has less do with cheap (though I do have a budget of course) and more to do with features. I need a Live RTMP input streaming solution that will DVR records and output via a CDN. I may have to go with a self hosted Wowza Streaming Server to get what I need but I'm trying not to have to run my own server if at all possible. CDNSun is perfect except no way to record (DVR)...

• LeviLevi Member

Looks like CDN reseller. Thought, they have akamai for 100$\month for 3TB. And akamai is prem.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • Yea from what I can see from my research, they use Stackpath for their "own" CDN and G-Core and Akamai for partners. But they are cheaper then if i went to Stackpath or GCore or Akamai on my own, so.. testing and observing ....

Thanked by 1greentea
  • @RRhythms said:
    Yea from what I can see from my research, they use Stackpath for their "own" CDN and G-Core and Akamai for partners. But they are cheaper then if i went to Stackpath or GCore or Akamai on my own, so.. testing and observing ....

I am currently testing them and checked and UK connections are going though OVH London on their "standard" network.

Thanked by 1greentea
  • tetechtetech Member

traceroute to pull & push zone from both Dallas and LA seems to go to the same destination in Quebec?

• @tetech said:
    traceroute to pull & push zone from both Dallas and LA seems to go to the same destination in Quebec?

Here is a test I did on CDNPerf.

https://www.cdnperf.com/tools/cdn-latency-benchmark?id=ef07a375f2492f4072f3566bd406d3c2

Thanked by 1tetech
  • tetechtetech Member

@MatthewM said:

@tetech said:

Here is a test I did on CDNPerf.

https://www.cdnperf.com/tools/cdn-latency-benchmark?id=ef07a375f2492f4072f3566bd406d3c2

That matches what I saw. North America times are what one would expect if all traffic goes through Quebec. That sucks mightily.

• sanvitsanvit Member

@LTniger said:
    Looks like CDN reseller. Thought, they have akamai for 100$\month for 3TB. And akamai is prem.

Is this even possible? Their support claims they provide all Akamai locations for $0.029/GB (this is cheaper than some BunnyCDN locations)

• LeviLevi Member
    edited June 2020

sanvit said: Is this even possible?

If you pump traffic in Petabyte zone with Akamai, than I believe they can give you such prices. Otherwise... FFS, Akamai charge 350 USD for mere 1 TB + fees for keep account open!

• mrclownmrclown Member
    edited June 2020

The more commit the cheaper that can be. if traffic is below 100TB, that could still be premium pricing.and may not worth as not all are served via akamai.

• tetechtetech Member

When I asked about everything going via Quebec, I was told "Try our premium or Enterprise Network for better performance". So that's the end of my experiment - not going to continue with a "CDN" advertising 13 NA POPs but according to tests only using one location on the east coast.

Thanked by 1greentea