Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

complete list of server control panels with GUI - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

complete list of server control panels with GUI

Comments

• That Hestia really nice, it comes with wordpress auto installer too.

• Tony40Tony40 Member

ZesleCP also look good https://zeslecp.com/

• just tried centminmod again; its nice being a CLI only but it doesn't have automatic Let's Encrypt for SSL automation. I find that to be a deal breaker.

**off topic; since OP is looking for a GUI but wanting to save anyone else time to not waste time using centminmod.

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member
    edited June 2020

doughnet said: just tried centminmod again; its nice being a CLI only but it doesn't have automatic Let's Encrypt for SSL automation. I find that to be a deal breaker.

Eh? I thought CMM has that built in?

Anyway, another reason I love easyengine is you can easily generate SSL cert with --ssl=le or --ssl=self.

I always use "self" to generate the certificate, because I put Nginx Proxy Manager reverse proxy (different IP) in front of the websites/domains, whos gonna do the SSL (LE) termination.

Nginx Proxy Manager <-- this is FUN

Thanked by 1doughnet
  • @NanoG6 said:

doughnet said: just tried centminmod again; its nice being a CLI only but it doesn't have automatic Let's Encrypt for SSL automation. I find that to be a deal breaker.

Eh? I thought CMM has that built in?

Anyway, another reason I love easyengine is you can easily generate SSL cert with --ssl=le or --ssl=self.

I always use "self" to generate the certificate, because I put Nginx Proxy Manager reverse proxy (different IP) in front of the websites/domains, whos gonna do the SSL (LE) termination.

Nginx Proxy Manager <-- this is FUN

Yeah EE has easy let’s encrypt setup. Curious what “excuse” CMM has for not having it easily implemented.

• HostMayoHostMayo Member, Host Rep

Nice list there....let me copy it to my blog :P
    Cpanel undisputed champion.
    DA slowly catching up
    CWP, VetsaCP, Webuozo,Webmin the other free preferred panels.
    Cyberpanel a great product from a great company but limited to litespeed only. Will take time for mass adoption.
    this looks promising brainycp.com,

• OujiOuji Member

Yunohost is not a control panel, though.
    It does have a GUI control panel, but it is something else. More like a "proxmox" in a sense that you're gonna run a suite of applications on top of a Debian install. It is more similar to Cloudron.

You can even install Webmin in it (which in that case is actually a GUI control panel).

I have compiled a list of panels on my blog. Let me know if anyone wants to input something.

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • OujiOuji Member

@Waqass said:
    I have compiled a list of panels on my blog. Let me know if anyone wants to input something.

Refer to my post on how Yunohost is not a control panel. You can mention somewhere that is more likely a custom OS on top of Debian.

Thanked by 1HostMayo
  • ditlevditlev Member, Top Host, Host Rep

thanks for all your input - is the list now complete? Also @Waqass - good blog post!

Thanked by 1HostMayo
  • Most of them is dead. Don't get updated, therefore unusable.

• maqbeqmaqbeq Member

cockpit anyone?

• @maqbeq said:
    cockpit anyone?

Included with CentOS 8?

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@maqbeq said:
    cockpit anyone?

Included with CentOS 8?

For sure. Fedora 32 too.

• @maqbeq said:
    cockpit anyone?

Do you use it? How have you found using it?

@maqbeq said:
    cockpit anyone?

this one looks more like a vps/server management tool or am i wrong? Does it offer LAMP stack?

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran

NanoG6 said: Eh? I thought CMM has that built in?

Centmin Mod 123.09beta01 already has free Letsencrypt SSL integrated for Nginx vhost creation, just needs to be enabled by setting LETSENCRYPT_DETECT='y' in persistent config file as it isn't by default.

Example for Centmin Mod Wordpress Nginx HTTP/2 HTTPS site creation with Letsencrypt + Cloudflare https://servermanager.guide/122/how-to-install-wordpress-on-centmin-mod-lemp-stack-guide/

Other examples https://community.centminmod.com/threads/quick-centmin-mod-install-nginx-vhost-site-mysql-database-setup.12904/

Quickest way via SSH to create a Letsencrypt SSL based Nginx HTTP/2 HTTPS site for domain.com would be:

touch /etc/centminmod/custom_config.inc
    echo "LETSENCRYPT_DETECT='y'" >> /etc/centminmod/custom_config.inc
    nv -d domain.com -s lelived -u ftpusername

nv command uses an underlying addons/acmetool.sh wrapper which uses acme.sh bash client so you can also do same via

touch /etc/centminmod/custom_config.inc
    echo "LETSENCRYPT_DETECT='y'" >> /etc/centminmod/custom_config.inc
    cd /usr/local/src/centminmod/addons
    ./acmetool.sh issue domain.com lived

both examples can create Nginx HTTPS default Letsencrypt SSL sites.

If you're an advanced user, Centmin Mod advanced install guide https://servermanager.guide/117/centmin-mod-advanced-customised-installation-guide/

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • spunspun Member

GridPane
    ServerAvatar

I haven't used either one.

• @spun said:
    GridPane
    ServerAvatar

Gridpane looks cool. Sucks it is paid only.

• dpecadpeca Member
    edited June 2020

VestaCP is probably dead project (I hope not, but...)
    I forked it on https://www.myvestacp.com/ and continued developing.
    HestiaCP is aslo good fork... we have nice mutual colaboration.

• spunspun Member

Bunnyshell is another one.

• @doughnet said:

@spun said:
    GridPane
    ServerAvatar

If you go to their registration page (https://my.gridpane.com/register). They have a "Free For Ever" plan. Is limited, ofc.

Before you were able to use your own VPS but now they removed that option from the free tier, now you are stuck with DO, Vultr, Linode, and Lightsail.

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited June 2020

@jahrinc said:

@doughnet said:

@spun said:
    GridPane
    ServerAvatar

If you go to their registration page (https://my.gridpane.com/register). They have a "Free For Ever" plan. Is limited, ofc.

Before you were able to use your own VPS but now they removed that option from the free tier, now you are stuck with DO, Vultr, Linode, and Lightsail.

Don't register. They have disabled DO, Vultr, and Linode in their Free plan, now you can only use Lightsail with the Free Forever plan.

Thanked by 1doughnet
  • jahrincjahrinc Member
    edited June 2020

MS said:

@jahrinc said:

@doughnet said:

@spun said:
    GridPane
    ServerAvatar

Don't register. They have disabled DO, Vultr, and Linode in their Free plan, now you can only use Lightsail with the Free Forever plan.

WOW! That's new... Well that's an useless free tier plan.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • _MS__MS_ Member
    edited June 2020

@jahrinc said:
    WOW! That's new... Well that's an useless free tier plan.

Haha. Exactly!
    It clearly shows that they want to get rid of the Free users.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • Centoswebpanel
    still, I haven't used another one.

• ditlevditlev Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I wonder, out of these CP's, which ones work with IPv6 only. I know many of them supports IPv6, but only as 'additional' IPs to an IPv4.

Which CP works without any IPv4's at all?

• outdated list

• Using MyVesta and HestaCP on 60+ Production servers right now... have a few old VestaCP instances too but will soon be replaced with MyVesta or HestiaCP.