Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

what is your vps / cloud server uptime? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

what is your vps / cloud server uptime?

2»

Comments

• RedSoxRedSox Member
    edited June 2020

To reach more than 7 day of uptime I installed canonical live patch service on my ubuntu 20.04 server. Installed before an update. Updated and checked the kernel version. It showed me the old one kernel which is 31 generic. While updating I saw it was 37 generic and sudo canonical-livepatch status --verbose shows me 35 generic. As far as I know this canonical services helps to update only critical kernel updates, so it may be 35, not 37. But why neofetch and uname show me 31 generic? Where I went wrong? Or should I come to terms with the fact that uname/neofetch will be always showing the old core?

I have some guesses, for example, I think that this patch does not apply all updates, it is exclusively critical, so anyway, if I want to apply the newest kernel, I will have to reboot anyway, right? Thanks.