Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Root Server/Dedicated Server in Europe.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Root Server/Dedicated Server in Europe.

SlmanSlman Member

Hello, LET!

new member here, browsing since forever with no account. Anyways, I'm looking for a root server (maybe dedicated if my budget allows) in Europe (preferably Germany), I am requiring at least 24GB of ram with a price of 1$ per GB, a decent CPU, and SSD (At least 5GB per ram). I will be hosting Game servers on it. I already saw php-friends, Netcup, and Contabo. I liked Netcup the most but I was confused about their system, they require at least 6 months and manual provision.

Any help is kindly appreciated.

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Just go for Hetzner.

• SlmanSlman Member

@thedp said:
    Just go for Hetzner.

I really want to, but I got some personal issues with them.

• phryxusphryxus Member

You can choose 1 month billing with 1 month minimum contract period at netcup, but the monthly price will be a bit higher.

• SlmanSlman Member

@phryxus said:
    You can choose 1 month billing with 1 month minimum contract period at netcup, but the monthly price will be a bit higher.

Their website isnt clear, and they have manual provision, so I need to wait until Monday.

• debaserdebaser Member

@Slman said:

@phryxus said:

Their website isnt clear, and they have manual provision, so I need to wait until Monday.

It’s pretty clear. You can choose for a 12 months contract (paid per 6 months), a 6 months contract and a monthly contract. Choose monthly if you want to be sure you can cancel anytime. Even then you should take a one month notice in account. So cancel in time.

Provisioning will probably be Tuesday as Mondays a holiday in Germany. The same goes for PHP-Friends which is a very good provider by the way.

What would help is if you told us if (and maybe why) it has to be provisioned rightaway. I currently have the suspicion that it’s just for very temporary use. If this is right you’d definitely be better of with Hetzner because you can pay by the hour.

• Contabo is a good solution!

• SlmanSlman Member

@aldopini said:
    Contabo is a good solution!

Indeed they are, Netcup has better pricing in my opinion.

• SlmanSlman Member

@debaser said:

@Slman said:

@phryxus said:

It’s pretty clear. You can choose for a 12 months contract (paid per 6 months), a 6 months contract and a monthly contract. Choose monthly if you want to be sure you can cancel anytime. Even then you should take a one month notice in account. So cancel in time.

Provisioning will probably be Tuesday as Mondays a holiday in Germany. The same goes for PHP-Friends which is a very good provider by the way.

What would help is if you told us if (and maybe why) it has to be provisioned rightaway. I currently have the suspicion that it’s just for very temporary use. If this is right you’d definitely be better of with Hetzner because you can pay by the hour.

I tried to order now, Ill wait and see.

• @Slman said:

@aldopini said:

Netcup? I didn't know them... good price :)

• SlmanSlman Member

@aldopini said:

@Slman said:

@aldopini said:

Netcup? I didn't know them... good price :)

Check them out netcup.de

• debaserdebaser Member
    edited May 2020

@Slman said:

@debaser said:

@Slman said:

@phryxus said:

Good luck. And don’t forget to cancel in time if you don’t want any err personal issues with them too.

• SlmanSlman Member

@debaser said:

@Slman said:

@debaser said:

@Slman said:

@phryxus said:

Good luck. And don’t forget to cancel in time if you don’t want any err personal issues with them too.

Haha, indeed ill do, never doing the same error twice.