Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storage server for Minio
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Storage server for Minio

uzaysanuzaysan Member
edited May 2020 in General

I need a storage server to deploy Minio. Server will be used for content delivery.

-256+ GB storage (but 500gb or 1TB preferred)
-SSD or HDD doesnt matter. But small file (500 Byte - 64KB) read performance must be good (1K+ iops). I think big files wont be a problem.

-5TB or more bandwidth.

-2GB ram.

-1Gbit connection

-EU location. Doesn't need to be Germany, France etc. Balkan countries are ok.
But US or Canada location is good if connection to europe is good(500+Mbit)

-CPU doesn't matter as long as file read/write speed is good.

-Budget 7$ or less.

I don't know if this is reasonable request. But If you have offer, let me know :)

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Maybe @seriesn can help you out with his Storage VPS.

Thanked by 1uzaysan
  • uzaysanuzaysan Member
    edited May 2020

@Jord said:

His Storage VPS's are for cold storage. At least website says so. So not suitable for minio. My files will be read and sent to the clients frequently

edit:
    Storage VPS, meant to be used for raw storage and storing backups. Not recommended to be used for regular hosting. Should not be used as seed box or anything that requires constant read and writes.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@uzaysan said:

@Jord said:

His Storage VPS's are for cold storage. At least website says so. So not suitable for minio. My files will be read and sent to the clients frequently

edit:
    Storage VPS, meant to be used for raw storage and storing backups. Not recommended to be used for regular hosting. Should not be used as seed box or anything that requires constant read and writes.

Ah ok, just thought he might have been able to offer something.

It's a shame you wanted an EU location. Because this is cheapppppppppppp

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/164918/ssd-storage-offer-from-servarica#latest

• uzaysanuzaysan Member
    edited May 2020

@Jord said:

@uzaysan said:

@Jord said:

edit:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/164918/ssd-storage-offer-from-servarica#latest

Actually all i need is 1gbit connection. When I do iperf3 test from us to Europe speed drops to 150mbit. That's why i need Europe. But if connection is good (500+mbit) i don't care location. But servarica still has 100mbit cap.

Aside from that. İt's really great offer

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@uzaysan said:

It's not about the bandwidth, but if you can budge your budget to something realistic, I can do something in Falkenstein on NVMe storage.

• uzaysanuzaysan Member

@BharatB said:

I don't need nvme disk. As long as disk can read above 100mb/sec or 1k iops, any type of disk is fine.

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

@uzaysan said:

@Jord said:

@uzaysan said:

@Jord said:

edit:

Actually all i need is 1gbit connection. When I do iperf3 test from us to Europe speed drops to 150mbit. That's why i need Europe. But if connection is good (500+mbit) i don't care location. But servarica still has 100mbit cap.

They said that they will offer gigabit with a bandwidth cap in 7-10 days.

Thanked by 2Ouji uzaysan
  • uzaysanuzaysan Member

@AC_Fan said:

@uzaysan said:

@Jord said:

@uzaysan said:

@Jord said:

edit:

They said that they will offer gigabit with a bandwidth cap in 7-10 days.

I just talked with them in live chat. They confirmed that they will have 1Gbit soon

• seriesnseriesn Member

@uzaysan said:

@Jord said:

edit:

Yeah sorry fam. Torrenting, minus the legal aspect, also completely destroys the hard drive :(

• uzaysanuzaysan Member

@seriesn said:

@uzaysan said:

@Jord said:

edit:

Yeah sorry fam. Torrenting, minus the legal aspect, also completely destroys the hard drive :(

I will not do torrenting. but i understand your point

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • simonindiasimonindia Member
    edited May 2020

For that budget consider using Blackblaze b2 and put cloudflare in front of it. And you can use DO's or Linode's or Scaleway or Wasabi's Object storage in the same way. So there you go if you want cheap use b2 but regardless of what you use and if the files are less the 100mb cloudflare will cache it.

https://help.backblaze.com/hc/en-us/articles/217666928-Using-Backblaze-B2-with-the-Cloudflare-CDN

Thanked by 1maverickp