Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Provider Coupon Codes
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Provider Coupon Codes

jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran
edited May 2020 in General

Calling all hosting providers!

LowEndBox is soon going to publish a master list, nicely put together and well polished (website images, a little description of each provider, etc) of coupon codes.

If you would like for your company to be included, please submit the following:

1. Provider Name
  2. Preferred sales contact/ticket system url
  3. Up to 3 coupon codes and a 1 sentence or less description of each coupon code
  4. Up to 5 sentences to be used as your company description in the master list
  5. Locations served

I'll be accepting applications for the next 7 days or so and hope to have this piece published by early/mid June.

The article will be on LowEndBox for all of 2020, after which a new article will be published with 2021 codes and so on. So it's great exposure. This page is open to all, so hope to see lots of involvement from all of our community hosts.

Comments

• hostworldhostworld Member, Host Rep

This is a great idea. We'll get something over to you before the cut-off.
    Will the hosts/coupons be listed or presented on the page in any particular order or way?

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@hostworld said:
    This is a great idea. We'll get something over to you before the cut-off.
    Will the hosts/coupons be listed or presented on the page in any particular order or way?

Order is to be determined. Was going to look into possibly trying to randomize it somehow.

I've gotten a handful of submissions via pm so far. Keep them coming.

Tons of hosts have submitted overnight - awesome - thanks everyone.

Please continue to submit your coupons if you haven't already.

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

This is another great initiative, Jon. Best of luck.

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Nice! Keep crushing it.

• HostMayoHostMayo Member, Host Rep

Let me jump in also!

I've gotten tons of submissions now, so thanks to everyone who has sent me a PM. I will respond to each of you over the next 2-3 days.

To answer a couple key questions:

1. The providers on the list will not be ranked
    2. I am going to try and setup a randomized sort so that providers will get a chance to be at the top of the list - I might need @FAT32's help with that.
    3. We are still accepting submissions, so please keep sending them via PM.
    Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @jbiloh said:
    I've gotten tons of submissions now, so thanks to everyone who has sent me a PM. I will respond to each of you over the next 2-3 days.

To answer a couple key questions:

1. The providers on the list will not be ranked
    2. I am going to try and setup a randomized sort so that providers will get a chance to be at the top of the list - I might need @FAT32's help with that.
    3. We are still accepting submissions, so please keep sending them via PM.

A1Hosting will be pissed.

Thanked by 2Ouji mikei
  • jbiloh said: I am going to try and setup a randomized sort so that providers will get a chance to be at the top of the list - I might need @FAT32's help with that.

Pro tip: if you put RackNerd multiple times in the list it has a bigger chance of appearing on the top. You can also keep randomizing it until it's on the top. Anything works.

You're welcome as usual.

Thanked by 2RecD hotlineservers
  • poissonpoisson Member

I hope if @FAT32 is involved, he can institute protections to make sure that the randomization is not likely to be gamed to favour certain providers. We should give every provider the same chance of appearing at the top.

Thanked by 1FAT32

@poisson said:
    I hope if @FAT32 is involved, he can institute protections to make sure that the randomization is not likely to be gamed to favour certain providers. We should give every provider the same chance of appearing at the top.

Gotta figure out a way to do it within the constraints of WordPress first. Tomorrow I'm going to see if an existing plugin is available to get the job done. Later this coming week I'll be putting the coupons page together.

• Very nice. Should work out great.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@jbiloh said:

@poisson said:

Gotta figure out a way to do it within the constraints of WordPress first. Tomorrow I'm going to see if an existing plugin is available to get the job done. Later this coming week I'll be putting the coupons page together.

This is kinda hacky but you could randomize the list on every page load with some JS if you make them all list elements. Something like the first solution here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7070054/javascript-shuffle-html-list-element-order

Not sure how that will fare for SEO but it's an option.

@Hassan said:

@jbiloh said:

@poisson said:

This is kinda hacky but you could randomize the list on every page load with some JS if you make them all list elements. Something like the first solution here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7070054/javascript-shuffle-html-list-element-order

I'll check it out, thanks for the suggestion.

3 more days for submissions folks!

• MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

It is a good opportunity to increase exposure for the providers. Thank you for taking the the initiative.

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@jbiloh said:

Need to submit it directly on LEB website ?

• @Hassan said:

@jbiloh said:

@poisson said:

Shouldn't be a problem nowadays since most crawlers support javascript, and those that don't, well, do they even matter?

Thanked by 1Hassan
  • HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

@HostEONS said:

@jbiloh said:

Need to submit it directly on LEB website ?

Nope just send a PM to Jon.

Thanked by 1HostEONS

Hi Everyone,

New submissions for coupons is now closed.

This week I am going to start working on the LowEndBox post.

We got dozens of providers involved, which is awesome. Thanks to everyone who submitted their coupons.