Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KeepSolid VPN Lifetime - 15$ on Stacksocial - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KeepSolid VPN Lifetime - 15$ on Stacksocial

Comments

• OujiOuji Member

Yeah, private VPNs are not very good for Flix unblocking. Gotta handle it to VPN providers, Ivacy and Windscribe have been doing a great job so far. For me these (private VPNs) are mostly used as bastion hosts.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • DianTamaDianTama Member
    edited May 2020

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@DianTama said:

@sanvit said:

@DianTama said:

@sanvit said:

@DianTama said:

@Ympker said:

@DianTama said:
    Well, fuck this thread always haunting me... I think I cant resist, lifetime plan for $15 is a steal deal. let see how long this will survive

I'm in since 2016, so 4 years already. It has been around before that though.

one thing that I'm confuse.
    Their VPN using digital ocean, but how they can be used to watch Netflix without detected proxy :/

It's most likely that they route netflix domains to another endpoint before hitting the actual server. So something like

You -> DO (KeepSolid) -> Google but
    You -> DO (KeepSolid) -> SuperSecretNetflixBypassServer -> Netflix

@sgheghele said:

@DianTama said:

@Ympker said:

@DianTama said:
    Well, fuck this thread always haunting me... I think I cant resist, lifetime plan for $15 is a steal deal. let see how long this will survive

Their VPN using digital ocean, but how they can be used to watch Netflix without detected proxy :/

When you attempt to connect to a streaming service, their DNS will "poison" the request and make them use another proxy of their own to handle your request. This is transparent to you most of the time.

ahh that's why,
    I've been trying myself to create my own VPN for Netflix using DO but still no luck

I'm pretty sure all DO (or any other VPS provider) IPs are blocked by now. Just use a commercial VPN.

yep. I've tried my self :D
    but still, I'm curious how commercial VPN ( Especially KeepSolid ) do it

I've heard there are multiple ways VPN companies bypass streaming sites. Some including using real residential computers with special softwares installed (some unconsented), getting fresh IPv4/6 blocks, etc.

That's why I discarded my 15$/year VPS I used to unblock. IP got blacklisted too often and VPN providers just do their magic (= ensure it works and KEEPS WORKING). Way more convenient :)

@Ouji said:
    Yeah, private VPNs are not very good for Flix unblocking. Gotta handle it to VPN providers, Ivacy and Windscribe have been doing a great job so far. For me these (private VPNs) are mostly used as bastion hosts.

Yep for now i think I'm gonna stick with commercial VPN.
    maybe when I'm bored I'm gonna do more research..

Surprisingly this KeepSolid VPN is faster/better for unblocking Netflix than ivacy
    But sadly they don't have server for my local country Indonesia

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • emperoremperor Member
    edited May 2020

Anyone else who have ivacy extension also cant get keepsolid vpn unlimited connecting ? I have that problem if i have enabled ivacy extension, my nordvpn and keepsolid dont work.. if i disable ivacy both working
    Edit: thats for firefox extension :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited May 2020

@DianTama said:

@Ympker said:

@sanvit said:

@DianTama said:

@sanvit said:

@DianTama said:

@sanvit said:

@DianTama said:

@Ympker said:

@DianTama said:

It's most likely that they route netflix domains to another endpoint before hitting the actual server. So something like

@sgheghele said:

@DianTama said:

@Ympker said:

@DianTama said:

When you attempt to connect to a streaming service, their DNS will "poison" the request and make them use another proxy of their own to handle your request. This is transparent to you most of the time.

ahh that's why,
    I've been trying myself to create my own VPN for Netflix using DO but still no luck

I'm pretty sure all DO (or any other VPS provider) IPs are blocked by now. Just use a commercial VPN.

I've heard there are multiple ways VPN companies bypass streaming sites. Some including using real residential computers with special softwares installed (some unconsented), getting fresh IPv4/6 blocks, etc.

That's why I discarded my 15$/year VPS I used to unblock. IP got blacklisted too often and VPN providers just do their magic (= ensure it works and KEEPS WORKING). Way more convenient :)

@Ouji said:

Yep for now i think I'm gonna stick with commercial VPN.
    maybe when I'm bored I'm gonna do more research..

Surprisingly this KeepSolid VPN is faster/better for unblocking Netflix than ivacy
    But sadly they don't have server for my local country Indonesia

Glad to hear that. Maybe they'll add it one day :)

@emperor said:
    Anyone else who have ivacy extension also cant get keepsolid vpn unlimited connecting ? I have that problem if i have enabled ivacy extension, my nordvpn and keepsolid dont work.. if i disable ivacy both working
    Edit: thats for firefox extension :)

I remember having this problem with Ivacy and another vpn extension. Can't remember which one, but yeah. It's a thing. Same thing with desktop clients when vpns sometimes override their custom tap driver.

Thanked by 1emperor
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

Just throwing this in since I am on it rn:

WIP: Adding a list of LE users that use the VPNs mentioned in my comparison chart to the Google Table Document:

• Added KeepsolidVPN. Found a whopping 36 LE users who are using it (probably more that I have missed). List has been updated.

Next up: Ivacy, FastestVPN, Windscribe Pro. Stay tuned :)

• Ympker said: I remember having this problem with Ivacy and another vpn extension. Can't remember which one, but yeah. It's a thing. Same thing with desktop clients when vpns sometimes override their custom tap driver.

It is Ivacy browser extension. It conflicts with Windscribe and Hola browser extensions, too. It also once kept me connected to one of their proxies even if it showed at being disconnected.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Ouji said:

I see. I was able to max out using same country. But I'm pretty sure the same could be said for Windscribe and Ivacy.

Another speedtest (not microsoft store app):

Without: 282/28

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@magicvpn said:

@Ouji said:

I see. I was able to max out using same country. But I'm pretty sure the same could be said for Windscribe and Ivacy.

Another speedtest (not microsoft store app):

Without: 282/28

Lookin' good :) Thanks for sharing!

Thanked by 1magicvpn
  • Got it, Ivacy wasn't really working out great for me but it's ok. Hopefully this one fares better. Thanks!

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • OujiOuji Member

I guess I found the first bug within an app of them. Just opened my MacOS app and my account got locked for 5 login tries, even though the email I use with them has never been used elsewhere and it also locked my out as soon as I opened the app.

Fortunately (or not, since this was too easy to my liking), my account was unblocked by clicking in a link in one email they sent me.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • RamiRami Member

@DianTama said:

@sanvit said:

@DianTama said:

@sanvit said:

@DianTama said:

@Ympker said:

@DianTama said:

@sgheghele said:

@DianTama said:

@Ympker said:

@DianTama said:

ahh that's why,

You need an IP that is not blocked by Netflix (or whatever streaming service that you want to unblock) then you can either install a VPN server or better install SmartDNS solution, I have my own SmartDNS for years but the current one became slow when the hosting company changed their datacenter so I'm using VPN and going to cancel my SmartDNS server

• @peixotorms said:
    up to 30 Mbps speed, according to reviews. No thanks.

I'm getting nearly 400Mbps

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • when does this end ?

• YmpkerYmpker Member

@Andy10tbit said:
    when does this end ?

I think May 31th. But sales will always appear again on Stacksocial (usually).

Thanked by 1timelapse
  • sonicsonic Veteran
    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2020

This. TL;DR: I wouldn't touch it. Someone asked me about this VPN recently on the forums and I gave a more thorough reply. Just don't.

• defaultdefault Veteran

Indeed. It's bad. Yet, people want free VPN, no matter how bad it is. To those who want just free anonymity online, I recommend Tor Project (or Tor Browser), but this is another discussion.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • "lifetime" - sure...

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited June 2020

@soviet said:
    "lifetime" - sure...

Do you think anyone here really expects the deal to last a lifetime, though? Do you think all the people here just blindly bought the deal? It's not whether or not it lasts for a lifetime but whether it'll be worth the money spent. I have used Keepsolid since years so it's definitely been worth it and saved me enough coin not to regret it if it went down tomorrow. Same for Ivacy, WS.

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • I've been using Windscribe for a number of years now. Works great. Completely free on a previous offer. With that I get 60GB per month which is enough for me.

If I didn't have that, I would definitely be going for this deal.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • RamiRami Member
    edited June 2020

@Ympker said:

This. TL;DR: I wouldn't touch it. Someone asked me about this VPN recently on the forums and I gave a more thorough reply. Just don't.

Right now I'm using Keepsolid and I do like it, But I got that Seed4.me offer last October and I used it from time to time and it's not that bad, it's connecting fast and speed is not bad (at least for my poor connection ;) ) I also have WS free 30GB and these days it does not connect at all and even if it did there is no internet due to my ISP's blocking, So I think it's not that bad

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @soviet said:
    "lifetime" - sure...

I’ve got a ‘lifetime’ Keepsolid VPN Unlimited for more than 5 years now. Paid $30 back in 2015. Equals to 6 dollars a year if they deadpool today. Fine by me.

Thanked by 2Ympker sgheghele
  • @debaser said:

@soviet said:
    "lifetime" - sure...

I’ve got a ‘lifetime’ Keepsolid VPN Unlimited for more than 5 years now. Paid $30 back in 2015. Equals to 6 dollars a year if they deadpool today. Fine by me.

That is exactly how one should see lifetime deals.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • BertieBertie Member
    edited June 2020

@sanvit said: It's most likely that they route netflix domains to another endpoint before hitting the actual server. So something like

If anyone's curious how this works, VPN companies basically just purchase/register new ASNs and IPv6 /48s from non-blocked ranges and setup IPv6 proxies.

• Too bad I missed this again. :'(

• @agentwp said:
    Too bad I missed this again. :'(

It's worth its current price. You won't be missing anything at $39. For sure, you can bring down a little by looking around for some Stacksocial coupons. There is always one.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@sgheghele said:

@agentwp said:

It's worth its current price. You won't be missing anything at $39. For sure, you can bring down a little by looking around for some Stacksocial coupons. There is always one.

Try installing "Honey" Chrome extension. It will automatically apply stacksocial coupons :)

Like @sgheghele said though. It's worth it all the way, even at 39$.

• sonicsonic Veteran

@Ympker said:

@sgheghele said:

@agentwp said:

Try installing "Honey" Chrome extension. It will automatically apply stacksocial coupons :)

Confirmed! Too good to be true, I got one at 15$. But client for Linux is useless at all.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

@sonic said:

@Ympker said:

@sgheghele said:

@agentwp said:

Confirmed! Too good to be true, I got one at 15$. But client for Linux is useless at all.

Did you try manual OpenVPN for Linux? Linux Client worked last time I tried it though.