Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS, Blesta, HostBill... Yeah again with this kind of subject and i feel quite confused now. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS, Blesta, HostBill... Yeah again with this kind of subject and i feel quite confused now.

2»

Comments

• @HyperK9 said:
    WHMCS - best platform in my opinion, most stable, has lots of plugin and support, but for small hosts may be hard to afford due to $16 monthly fee.
    Blesta - Good software, but has lots of issues when I used it and it is very hard to configure domains, also does not look as good as WHMCS.

I missed buying lifetime license when it was $250 in their official website. I regret for not buying that time.
    I was using the free license from Onrahost/Onehost. Later they were acquired by Exacthosting and they stopped giving free.
    Now I am with skynet by paying$8.95 per month. It's the best available option for small hosts like me.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • seriesn said: Don't forget sir, our reseller hosting also offers free blesta and it is cheaper. One click blesta installer is also available

Well my goal at the beginning is more to rent dedis and split them in KVM. Maybe i'm wrong but profits looks better (and also prices we can offer sounds better too). I would like to not do web hosting or reselling (well, spliting dedis in KVM is a bit like reselling too ahah). I also feel like reselling is doing support for someone else but a lot cheaper (like you earn 1 to 5$ / sales to do more support). Again maybe i'm wrong and i'll be happy to hear another point of view as i haven't really studied this part ^^. So when i talk about using NexusBytes for example, i'm talking about hosting Blesta on NexusBytes but not all my services (only what i need outside, this may include backups as your backups KVM are also interesting).

seriesn said: But don't forget BillingServ! Looks super promising and might make your life easier with @Jord hosting it for you. So you can focus on growing your business without worrying too much about the backend

I've requested private beta invitation, i will see if i get access to is ^^. Maybe also their launch may fit when i'll start my project? Who knows :D! At this step all solutions are to check.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • seriesnseriesn Member

@o_be_one said:

seriesn said: Don't forget sir, our reseller hosting also offers free blesta and it is cheaper. One click blesta installer is also available

Well my goal at the beginning is more to rent dedis and split them in KVM. Maybe i'm wrong but profits looks better (and also prices we can offer sounds better too). I would like to not do web hosting or reselling (well, spliting dedis in KVM is a bit like reselling too ahah). I also feel like reselling is doing support for someone else but a lot cheaper (like you earn 1 to 5$ / sales to do more support). Again maybe i'm wrong and i'll be happy to hear another point of view as i haven't really studied this part ^^. So when i talk about using NexusBytes for example, i'm talking about hosting Blesta on NexusBytes but not all my services (only what i need outside, this may include backups as your backups KVM are also interesting).

seriesn said: But don't forget BillingServ! Looks super promising and might make your life easier with @Jord hosting it for you. So you can focus on growing your business without worrying too much about the backend

I've requested private beta invitation, i will see if i get access to is ^^. Maybe also their launch may fit when i'll start my project? Who knows :D! At this step all solutions are to check.

Dear sir,
    That's exactly what I meant. If you just want to toy with blesta, reseller account gives you a super quick setup without worrying about installing, configuring and tweaking web server, database etc :D.

Basically hosting your front end without all the frills.

Once you outgrew that, kvm is just a click way 😅

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • seriesn said: That's exactly what I meant. If you just want to toy with blesta, reseller account gives you a super quick setup without worrying about installing, configuring and tweaking web server, database etc .

Thank you for explaining more, it's totally interesting then! Effortless Blesta hosting, just to add my backup and let's go :D ! Thanks again seriesn :).

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

o_be_one said: I've requested private beta invitation, i will see if i get access to is ^^. Maybe also their launch may fit when i'll start my project? Who knows ! At this step all solutions are to check.

All received thank you, you shall get an email as soon as we go live for private beta. So watch your inbox :)

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

Demo for most of the popular billing software is available. You need to search on the internet.

• WHMCS, Blesta, HostBillApp, and ClientExec - Easy to use once configured properly.

I am using this billing software for 3 to 4 years.

• DewlanceVPS said: You need to search on the internet.

Sure i did that but most are just not working. Do you have some links to share for demos?

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@o_be_one said:

DewlanceVPS said: You need to search on the internet.

Sure i did that but most are just not working. Do you have some links to share for demos?

WHMCS & HOSTBILL do provide 30 days moneyback guarantee so you can order from them and test yourself and ask for a full refund if you are not satisfied.

Blesta already have trial available.

Btw, If you want these software for hosting purposes then I would recommend WHMS if you don't have any knowledge of coding.

Hostbill is really good but then you have to pay for supports. Their community forum is useless and most of threads there are unanswered even some of them opened in 2013 and no one answered.

Blesta is good but I think it's for basic shared hosting and vps selling. And I also think you do need some knowledge of coding.

None of the above software is perfect so it's up to you and your need. If any of them fits your requirements then go with that.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@SmallWeb said:
    I think Blesta is definitely progressing. I've seen them address a lot of convenience issues both admin and user-end recently (Late fees, CSF unblock plugin, adding more UI for admins like deleting services/users if applicable). I've also seen a lot of development on updating existing things like gateways and plugins and how the admin portal actually functions to make it more convenient.

I am optimistic about them and I am hopeful that 2020 will be the year we see some big changes that would be the deciding factor for someone choosing between the options you listed.

In terms of WHMCS, some things that are comparable for me personally is afaik you can choose a server as a configurable option when ordering (I think that's how MyW location selektor works, @MikePT? Correct me if I'm wrong) and that's one of the things I'd love to see introduced in Blesta.

Some of the other differences are things like financial reports, domain system (even though it's getting there) and the big old affiliate program. We remain hopeful though. :sunglasses:

Price wise there's not much more to say ;)

We're using one of the well coded modules, location selector, I think that's it, by ModulesGarden :P

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

I purchased blesta on BF as was looking to move from WHMCS, but blesta didn’t have:
    -Xero linking ability (no plugin either)
    -Or the ability to charge to GoCardless invoices with different amounts each time when an invoice is raised.

Otherwise I would have been using it with DA.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • this post is quite old..but me too now I'm confused...so after 2 month what you use?

• @chiccorosso said:
    this post is quite old..but me too now I'm confused...so after 2 month what you use?

Well my choice go for Blesta ; i prefer something less "overkill" able to offer a better experience and support (i think about updates for example) on the long run. Also i want something simple because i don't plan on hosting a ton of different services. I would like to focus on 1 or 2 different services. Pricing side well, for less than 3$ / month you can have the web hosting + blesta licence since Blesta is included with few providers (BuyVM, NexusBytes, etc.).

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@o_be_one said:

@chiccorosso said:
    this post is quite old..but me too now I'm confused...so after 2 month what you use?

Well my choice go for Blesta ; i prefer something less "overkill" able to offer a better experience and support (i think about updates for example) on the long run. Also i want something simple because i don't plan on hosting a ton of different services. I would like to focus on 1 or 2 different services. Pricing side well, for less than 3$ / month you can have the web hosting + blesta licence since Blesta is included with few providers (BuyVM, NexusBytes, etc.).

Well then you can get free Blesta from us as well even with our $8 per year shared hosting plan. :wink:
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/165373/directadmin-hosting-ssd-litespeed-mariadb-ddos-protected-free-blesta-ipv6-nl-8-year#latest

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • blesta not has my language traslation :(

• Grabbed $5 whmcs from Hostus. Thank you @AlexanderM

Thanked by 1AlexanderM