Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Storage Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Storage Server

Hello,

I plan on offering a free backup service for my clients, what's the cheapest(and most reliable) service available?

Space around 500GB

Comments

• For reliability/price just build a small nas. Rasbery pi 35$ + 3 500gb drives raid 5 and you have a good nuff setup. Not worth the added risk of storing customer data with 3rd party providers if you don't have to.

• OujiOuji Member

@james50a said:
    For reliability/price just build a small nas. Rasbery pi 35$ + 3 500gb drives raid 5 and you have a good nuff setup. Not worth the added risk of storing customer data with 3rd party providers if you don't have to.

With colocation at least. Customer data should have higher availability (and also bandwidth) than average Joe's basement can provide.

• @Ouji said:
    With colocation at least. Customer data should have higher availability (and also bandwidth) than average Joe's basement can provide.

i mean its 500gb and for backup purposes. bandwidth is negligible and nothing is higher availability than direct access. gotta take into account cost of colocating for a year (~240$) vs just owning the hardware (<$100) and for this level of use it doesn't make sense

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • OujiOuji Member

@james50a said:

@Ouji said:

i mean its 500gb and for backup purposes. bandwidth is negligible and nothing is higher availability than direct access. gotta take into account cost of colocating for a year (~240$) vs just owning the hardware (<$100) and for this level of use it doesn't make sense

I don't mean bandwidth in a sense of how much it will be pushed montly, but on speed. His clients aren't gonna like if his internet connection is not good. When providing a paid service, he should be aware of those things.

Of course he is free to go this route, but cheap and reliable (at least for produciotn) not always work as we expect.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

You can take a look at our Storage1TB here: https://greenkvm.com
    Available in both US/EU.

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

@AbdouSG said:
    Hello,

I plan on offering a free backup service for my clients, what's the cheapest(and most reliable) service available?

Space around 500GB

Here $25 / Year

• seriesnseriesn Member

@AbdouSG said:
    Hello,

Space around 500GB

Join the family boss!

https://nexusbytes.com/kvm-storage-vps.html

• MikasaMikasa Member

@georgedatacenter said:

@AbdouSG said:
    Hello,

Space around 500GB

Here $25 / Year

shows oos

• tridinebandimtridinebandim Member
    edited May 2020

georgedatacenter said: Here $25 / Year

hi, i am interested, amsterdam?

no credit card payment option... :/

• Where is your clients' data?