Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wordpress Security Help! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wordpress Security Help!

2»

Comments

• I think you're being paranoid. No one is using google bot to hack your site. It's likely just fake user agent strings. There is no individual targeting you specifically. It's just a bot and they only try the most common passwords and they probe for common vulnerabilities in various content management systems. You don't have to do anything more than what you've already done in the OP.

• wohelwohel Member
    edited May 2020

@imok said:
    When I said legitimate traffic I was talking about semrush, bingbot and Googlebot. You can control these crawlers using robots.txt, you will find an option to throttle them in Wordfence too.

Im trying to say bruteforcing xmlrpc, wp-login, trying to find common patterns in URL (like admin.php, test.php, etc) and mysql injections are common attacks for WordPress sites globally. If there are not reasons, don't feel this attack is personal.

You will be facing this issue every single day.

Yeah! I know these are common Issues but as I am New to this Website Stuff so it certainly needs some time for me to settle in. Anyways, There are are No Attacks Today so maybe He (or They) have given up but I have also setup Fail2ban. So, Thank you all for your Suggestions. :)

• Iam using WP cerber plugin after trying a few ones. It allows the 'real Google bot' and blocks the other bad ones. There is a section called Hardening which can help you.
    Try the cerber plugin.