Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

InceptionHosting 5 month review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

InceptionHosting 5 month review

raza19raza19 Veteran
edited November 2013 in Reviews

I have had vps from over two dozen providers & inception is definitely among the best. I am surprised to not see @AnthonySmith 's service among the top three, I guess they need to conduct a better pr campaign.

I have the xen pv 2gb plan & the service has been top class except the times around the offers when everyone is testing the disk(very rare).

There is some strictness with regards to the IP allotment but its pretty justified keeping in view the shortages.

The only downtime I have had was a DoS attack targeted at inception or some other vps which lasted for 20 minutes or so. Apart from that it has been smooth sailing.

The hardware is awesome though several other providers can offer you the same specs but what sets Inception apart from the rest is 'professionalism'. I wish the best to Inception because they have got everything to be on the top.

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Thanks, appreciated.

Nice to hear when things are going well.

Anthony.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2013

I am maybe not parcial because I love some of the side projects from Anthony/Inception, but in the past I got a rare 64 MB XEN VPS for something like 10 EUR/y and the service was top notch.

Edit: also, they are at a great datacenter in The Netherlands.

• raza19raza19 Veteran
    edited November 2013

@Nyr said:
    I got a rare 64 MB XEN VPS for something like 10 EUR/y and the service was top notch.

I have been very interested in Anthony's really lowend vpses at lowendspirit but I need to understand how this NAT IPv4 works first, I know the NAT in my router, dont know if they are related. Sadly my old router at home doesn't have ipv6 yet, otherwise I would have taken these awesome unbelievable offers !

• 5n1p5n1p Member
    edited November 2013

@raza19 said:
    I have been very interested in Anthony's really lowend vpses at lowendspirit but I need to understand how this NAT IPv4 works first, I know the NAT in my router, dont know if they are related. Sadly my old router at home doesn't have ipv6 yet, otherwise I would have taken these awesome unbelievable offers !

There are many posts on LES forum about how to use your box, and you don't need IPv6 from home to use this, you don't even need tunnel, just get your first box read the forum and enjoy LES while it last's (and I really hope it will last for long time). Btw I have les in all 3 locations, and I'm very happy with them, since then have learn that there are more then few ways to use them (and my ISP does not support IPv6 yet).

• evan1988evan1988 Member
    edited November 2013

I have two VPSs from their service. Uptime too long, I pray their server was down.. LOL

14:44:38 up 83 days, 12:18, 1 user, load average: 0.74, 0.43, 0.39

00:47:16 up 82 days, 4:29, 1 user, load average: 0.53, 0.26, 0.20

Xen VPS 2GB $7/Month, one minute advertisement for their!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited November 2013

Haha, 82 days too long ? :P
    Many providers here have more than a year on some nodes even us on OVZ managed that not to mention KVM/Xen which never went down since the first VPS landed there:

pm11:~$ uptime
     16:57:07 up 575 days, 23:03,
    m12 ~]# uptime
     17:01:12 up 385 days, 20:17
    pm13 ~]# uptime
     17:01:56 up 487 days,  5:56
    pm19 ~]# uptime
     17:02:25 up 538 days,  4:16,  1 user,  load average: 11.45, 10.97, 10.66
    pm20 ~]# uptime
     17:02:38 up 529 days, 21:28,  1 user,  load average: 4.19, 4.25, 3.60

So on and so forth :)

I am sure that Anthony, running Xen, one of the most stable virtualizations, has even more uptime.

Thanked by 1budi1413
  • @evan1988 said:
    I have two VPSs from their service. Uptime too long, I pray their server was down.. LOL

14:44:38 up 83 days, 12:18, 1 user, load average: 0.74, 0.43, 0.39

00:47:16 up 82 days, 4:29, 1 user, load average: 0.53, 0.26, 0.20

Xen VPS 2GB $7/Month, one minute advertisement for their!

@evan1988 Where's the like button? #LOL

• @Maounique said:

thats like kids fighting over size :) maybe evan didnt even have the service before then.

• The uptime equal time I signed up on LET. With 22 VPSs from few providers, InceptionHosting has the uptime longer, maybe I am not lucky man.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Maounique said:

Trying to start a pissing contest?

@MikHo said:

Neah, just that most people out there think that LEB=unstable. That is far from the truth and while OVZ is indeed unstable and was more so in the past hundreds of days of uptime are not only with linode and amazon but many, and I stress here the word many, providers here have uptimes like that.
    I cringe all the time when people come here or on wht and say hey, you pay peanuts you get garbage.
    It is probably true for most people that dont get their facts right and make an uninformed decision when purchasing, you cannot simply draw straws until you get the wining one when you have the tools to make an informed decision.
    The provider top is one of these tools, comments on offers, another, how hard it is to check in 2-3 very public places ?
    Yes, you pay peanuts, you get garbage in exchange...
    If you dont bother looking, that is.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

for the record that is only the uptime from the VPS, the Miami servers have all been 100% up. :)

and also:

# w
     10:52:06 up 518 days,  3:19,  1 user,  load average: 0.05, 0.11, 0.09

Did I win?

Thanked by 1budi1413
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Maounique said:

Well, I think it's rude to barge in on a review thread screaming "look at me, look at me!"

As I said, I am sure Anthony has similar uptimes and leaving the impression 82-83 days is something truly exceptional was wrong.
    As you can see he has over 500 days himself, so my point is proven, there are providers with great uptime and great feedback, if you do your homework you will not get bad/unstable deals.
    Now that top 20 is out, there is plenty of choice for everyone.