Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem on this site (lowendtalk.com) invalid formatting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Problem on this site (lowendtalk.com) invalid formatting

AnndrAnndr Member

if I create a post and click the view button, then the formatting is good and everything is fine with it. but when I write a post, the formatting changes. look at the pictures, the code formatting is different. I ask the administrator to fix the error.

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited May 2020

You can use triple backtick for code.

free -m
    .           total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
    Mem:         128          66          20           0          40          60
    Swap:          0           0           0

Like this:

Thanked by 1SCAM_DONT_BUY
  • NanoG6NanoG6 Member

FAT32 said: triple backtick

Ah didn't know that.

I always using pre tag

• AnndrAnndr Member

FAT32 said: You can use triple backtick for code.

if you use one then everything is bad.

@NanoG6 said:
    Ah didn't know that.

Interesting fact: It also works on some messaging apps (Messenger Desktop, WhatsApp, Telegram, ...)

@Anndr said:
    if you use one then everything is bad.

Then don't use one. Even Github, where most developers used also doesn't honour the consecutive spaces.

• AnndrAnndr Member

FAT32 said: Then don't use one. Even Github, where most developers used also doesn't honour the consecutive spaces.

OK, then why do the previews and then the site get different formatting? this should not happen, it should be the same everywhere: or there are spaces everywhere, or there are no spaces everywhere.

• imokimok Member

Paste a screenshot and problem solved.

• AnndrAnndr Member

imok said: Paste a screenshot and problem solved.

no, the image may contain important data , such as text. the text cannot be copied from the picture, it is inconvenient and search services (google) is not smogu to find the sweet map it just text.

is this the developer of this forum?

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep
    I'M A FUCKING PANDA

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

OYE!

• imokimok Member
    edited May 2020

@Anndr said:

imok said: Paste a screenshot and problem solved.

no, the image may contain important data , such as text. the text cannot be copied from the picture, it is inconvenient and search services (google) is not smogu to find the sweet map it just text.

Then paste the plain text (use pastebin)

I see your point, but you are drowning in a glass of water.

@thedp said:
    OYE!

OE!

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • AnndrAnndr Member

imok said: Then paste the plain text (use pastebin)

why use the same thing twice? image and text? you can do this once using normally formatted text.

imok said: OE!

facepalm. very informative comment

• It scares me that you’re let out of whatever room they normally keep you in for computer time.

• AnndrAnndr Member

@iwaswrongonce said:
    It scares me that you’re let out of whatever room they normally keep you in for computer time.

who are you talking about?